Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hugeglobe

maximoose wrote: »
    My list is broadly the same as yours, not looking forward to the clashes

Gus Dapperton was a pleasant surprise going through the playlist, hope to catch him

Saw Gus at B&S last year, was one of my favourites from the weekend. Was gas to see everyone legging it into the tent when he finished his set with a Twist and Shout cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Just got a new tent from Lidl. The new Murder Capital song is a f*cking tune. Good day all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I have it on good authority that there's gonna be one of the major electronic acts banging it out on
    Saturday or Sunday. I could go on and on about it but don't want to get anyone in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

griffdaddy wrote: »
    I have it on good authority that there's gonna be one of the major electronic acts banging it out on
    Saturday or Sunday. I could go on and on about it but don't want to get anyone in trouble.

:D:D
    :D:D

:D:D:D:D:D

:rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

I’ve just come down with a cold and can’t play cluedo right now :)

Anyone want to make that far more obvious for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

kg703 wrote:
    Anyone want to make that far more obvious for me

Would you like some warm fries with that burger?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,911 ✭✭✭✭Basq

sweetie wrote: »
    Would you like some warm fries with that burger?
    Seems unlikely..

Screenshot-2019-04-26-at-12-04-14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

maximoose wrote: »
    :confused:

Hot Chip i think they are saying

Jesus lads some of the guessing is seriously wonky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,911 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jesus lads of the guessing is seriously wonky.
    What did you expect?

Guessing by it's nature will be "seriously wonky" if the clue is a "major electronic act".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hot Chip i think they are saying

I thought that, but why is that news? :pac:

Basq wrote: »
    What did you expect?

Guessing by it's nature will be "seriously wonky" if the clue is a "major electronic act".

The clue was the second sentence and so was my last post...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Orbital

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Could be wrong, but seem to recall one of the Hartnoll's (Paul?) has family in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

you could be right, but....

https://www.giaf.ie/news/orbital-to-play-galway-international-arts-festival
    February 7, 2019

Galway International Arts Festival and Róisín Dubh are delighted to announce that legendary live dance act ORBITAL will headline the Heineken Big Top at Galway International Arts Festival this July in what will be their only Irish gig of the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Unless you get into a low brow semantic debate "gig vs festival appearance", youre spot on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

Oh sweet baby Jesus let it be Orbital!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

don't play with us like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Camper van ticket arrived earlier. And now Orbital. Nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

They'd be a very nice addition. Hopefully it's true

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Going to call bs on that post

• Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Maybe Aphex Twin! :eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Is there any Collapse posters up around Waterford or Dublin.

warprecords_aphextwin-collapseep_01_1.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Chemical Brothers are free on the Sunday. Just thought I'd share that, if someone could give them a call......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Hoboo wrote: »
    Chemical Brothers are free on the Sunday. Just thought I'd share that, if someone could give them a call......
    They're playing in Montreal on the Saturday of that weekend.

Orbital DJ Set on the Saturday in London they could easily come over for the Sunday, as Hot Chip are playing the Sunday in Glasgow after ATN (presumably Saturday at ATN).
    Groove Armada are playing the same Playground festival as Hot Chip on the Saturday night. They are also playing the Wilderness Festival that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

GA are playing The Beatyard the weekend but I really hope it's Orbital and not them, can't stand them!... Chemics would be good, their last 3 arena show was good and I like the new album..

Hopefully it's not massive attack either...snooze fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I hope its Aphex Twin, he's just as important as all the others.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 alexmcquaid

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    GA are playing The Beatyard the weekend but I really hope it's Orbital and not them, can't stand them!... Chemics would be good, their last 3 arena show was good and I like the new album..

Hopefully it's not massive attack either...snooze fest.

It's probably not going to be anyone new. It's Hotchip.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I'd not classify Hot Chip as an electronic act, sure they use keyboards and other electronica elements in their music but in my mind I don't think of them in the same category as a Leftfield Groove Armada Orbital or Chemical Brothers.

In relation to the Orbital rumour it would be strange for them to play 2 Irish gigs on back to back weekends plus the arts festival states it's their only irish appearance of the year.

Similarly Beatyard have GA as an exclusive.

The chemical brothers is also unlikely, they are in Japan the previous weekend and in Canada the Saturday night. That's not to say they couldn't play the Friday or Sunday but logistics wise it would be difficult. I know the played 3 Arena last year but they released a new album 2 weeks ago and they've no Irish festival dates this summer, quite unusual as historically they always play here. In saying that they are typically an MCD act and their calendar is free in September so they could be announced for EP.

FWIW I'd love to see Leftfield upgraded to a live show. His DJ sets are a bit meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Advertisement