Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Jon Hopkins, maybe? I'd go with everything that Blackie_IRL has said there - can't see it being Orbital or Groove Armada as both are billed as exclusives, and Chemical Brothers seem nailed on for EP.

Fwiw, when they were announced, I presumed Hot Chip would play a big, late night headline slot - they played a big slot on the main stage at EP before Blur a few years ago and it was great. Would be happy to see them go again.

Do we have any indication of when the next announcement might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Will there much more of another announcement do you think?

I’d love the bloody beetroots and they’ve a gap in their tour and haven’t played in years

kg703 wrote: »
    Will there much more of another announcement do you think?

I’d love the bloody beetroots and they’ve a gap in their tour and haven’t played in years

There's plenty to add - as well as the food, comedy, etc there'll be quite a big addition of music, but I wasn't expecting any major acts, just plenty of Irish and small bands.

Still says this on the website:
    plus many more to be announced across 16 stages of music, theatre, spoken word and comedy

We definitely don't have enough to fill 16 stages yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Jesus lads some of the guessing is seriously wonky.

griffdaddy wrote: »
    The clue was the second sentence and so was my last post...

It's Orbital for sure

Synode wrote: »
    It's Orbital for sure

So are we ignoring that the Galway International Arts Fest billed their performance as an exclusive?

https://www.giaf.ie/events/orbital
    See for yourself why ORBITAL won NME Awards for 'Best Dance Act' and 'Best Live Event.' Don’t miss their only Irish gig of summer 2019!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

So are we ignoring that the Galway International Arts Fest billed their performance as an exclusive?

maybe we are being trolled so... ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

No I think it's bull myself. Just saying that the poster was definitely talking about Orbital.

Edit: just read the link and doesn't say it's an exclusive?

maybe we are being trolled so... ?

You'd think that after years of this in the EP thread, we'd know better by now. :P

Sure, maybe it is Orbital, or someone else entirely, who knows. But there's plenty of these rumours every year and it rarely pans out exactly as we expect.

No I think it's bull myself. Just saying that the poster was definitely talking about Orbital

Ah - apologies - misunderstood you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

There's plenty to add - as well as the food, comedy, etc there'll be quite a big addition of music, but I wasn't expecting any major acts, just plenty of Irish and small bands.

Still says this on the website:

We definitely don't have enough to fill 16 stages yet!

Just wondering on the stages am I missing any below? I have 11 listed here, I would say I am missing one or two small areas.

Main stage, Something kind of Wonderful, Road to Nowhere, All My Friends, Bandstand, Arcadia, One Love, Hotpress Acoustic

All Curious Minds 1 & 2, Comedy tent.

I think one or two other small stages would be welcome additions, but I don't think we will get many big international acts in any future announcements.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I'd not classify Hot Chip as an electronic act, sure they use keyboards and other electronica elements in their music but in my mind I don't think of them in the same category as a Leftfield Groove Armada Orbital or Chemical Brothers.

Groove Armada shouldn't dare be listed among them. The worst output of the others is better than GA's best.

I'd love it to be Basement Jaxx with full band. They're doing a dj set in Dublin in May, and that's all they seem to do these days.

No I think it's bull myself. Just saying that the poster was definitely talking about Orbital.

Edit: just read the link and doesn't say it's an exclusive?

It does say "their only irish gig of summer 2019"

Could it be someone like Disclosure? They're doing the festival circuit in July

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Weepsie wrote: »
    It does say "their only irish gig of summer 2019"

Could it be someone like Disclosure? They're doing the festival circuit in July

I would think Disclosure would be more suited for EP again?

I would think Disclosure would be more suited for EP again?

I agree, just noticed their dates in the UK & Europe finish just before ATN

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

used to like disclosure, but they're fairly bland, a lot of the electronica on the line up this year is equally bland imo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

British festivalgoers look set for another roasting festival season, with above-average temperatures predicted from at least May until July.
    A three-month heatwave could begin with temperatures of up to 28 degrees in May, as warm air arrives from southern Europe in what’s known as a ‘Spanish Plume’. It’s set to hit the UK on Saturday (May 4).

Read more at https://www.nme.com/news/music/festival-season-weather-forecast-three-month-heatwave-predicted-2482277#7cdLXG7hpCgFZ6e7.99p

Hopefully lasts til August :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

I would like to see Disclosure! I seen them at EP the time sober and loved them. I think they would be a great addition to the Saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

new Black Midi tune

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

maximoose wrote: »
    Hopefully lasts til August :)

A repeat of last years weather would be the greatest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 grape86

Is there much of a stroll from the carparks to the campsite do ye know?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

grape86 wrote: »
    Is there much of a stroll from the carparks to the campsite do ye know?

Which campsite?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 35 grape86

I was just wondering if the campsites are far from the carparks in general. I just remember having to walk forever at ep a couple of times with a heavy load and a dodgy back

Depends where you get parked I suppose, but in general I'd say no.

Was about a 15 minute round trip for us from tent to car

New track from the National released yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_aN81SBI3A

New album is shaping up to be a good one. 'Light Years' is my pick of the three out so far.

And Fontaines DC made their US TV debut last night, performing two tracks on Jimmy Fallon.

'Boys in the Better Land' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46-xvQjgp3Q

'Liberty Belle' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKQeDO4WqRc

Don't think the performance of 'Boys' is great but 'Liberty Belle' is very good here. Looking forward to seeing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

grape86 wrote: »
    I was just wondering if the campsites are far from the carparks in general. I just remember having to walk forever at ep a couple of times with a heavy load and a dodgy back

I was in the general camping last year but didn't get down till the Saturday... and the nearby car park was full... the walk from the boutique/family car park was VERY long. My back was in bits! Bringing a trolley this year just in case!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Just reading the FAQ and gazebos, flag poles, "garden furniture" and umbrellas are not allowed.

I get the whole no gazebos thing because in EP the campsite packs up very quickly etc, but surely a few camping chairs and an umbrella are not exactly unreasonable items to bring to a festival!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Just reading the FAQ and gazebos, flag poles, "garden furniture" and umbrellas are not allowed.

I get the whole no gazebos thing because in EP the campsite packs up very quickly etc, but surely a few camping chairs and an umbrella are not exactly unreasonable items to bring to a festival!

there's a difference between garden furniture and a camping chair. I'm sure a fold up chair would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

llatsni wrote: »
    I was in the general camping last year but didn't get down till the Saturday... and the nearby car park was full... the walk from the boutique/family car park was VERY long. My back was in bits! Bringing a trolley this year just in case!

We ended up in that car park last year on the Friday but we were still allowed through, by the time we finally got to the general campsite I'd kinda wished they would have made us turn around and go to the correct carpark

• Advertisement

And Fontaines DC made their US TV debut last night, performing two tracks on Jimmy Fallon.

Noticed they were being played on BT Sport during the champions league semis too, good week for them

Advertisement