Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

maximoose wrote: »
    Noticed they were being played on BT Sport during the champions league semis too, good week for them

I'm actually pretty astounded at their meteoric rise in the last number of months. They must have serious pull somewhere. I love them, but they've still got a limited range of material, album notwithstanding. I would have thought they were a couple of years away from conquering the world yet. Delighted for them nonetheless. Liberty Belle sounded great on Jimmy Fallon. Hard not to feel a bit of patriotic pride hearing that accent on primetime American TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I think Fontaines are great also. I didn't really get the fuss when I first heard them but gradually they started to click. Some of the material on the album is like 2 or 3 years old and they're aiming to put out their second album next year as far as I know, and I expect that will be the next level above Dogrel.

They've tapped into a tight characteristic sound that seems to have fans everywhere. That combined with PR push, all the right organic growth and an absolutely insane touring schedule is what is causing the crazy rise. They're just breaking into the states now. The tour with IDLES will do wonders for them over there I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Maybe it’s just me but I’m not a fan. Delighted they are doing well and that people like their sound but the accent kills it for me, too monotonous. Which is strange because I share that accent.

I’ll go check them out though and hope I change my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

llatsni wrote: »
    I was in the general camping last year but didn't get down till the Saturday... and the nearby car park was full... the walk from the boutique/family car park was VERY long. My back was in bits! Bringing a trolley this year just in case!

This was the one major faux pas from last year, in that they underestimated the amount of parking needed for general camping (understandably, seeing as it was the first year). I really didn't envy the poor souls lugging all their gear passed us in Tangerine fields, already sweating with the whole festival site between them and their final destination!

I'd assume the layout will be tweaked/enlarged this year to avoid such issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭endainoz

It took me a while to get into them too, Liberty Belle was definitely a slow burner for me but now I love it.

Became a bit of a converted fan really and ended up buying Dogrel on vinyl. Came with a sweet t-shirt.

• Advertisement

kg703 wrote: »
    Maybe it’s just me but I’m not a fan. Delighted they are doing well and that people like their sound but the accent kills it for me, too monotonous. Which is strange because I share that accent.

I’ll go check them out though and hope I change my mind

As with a lot of music, seeing them live made a big difference for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Stillill42 wrote: »
    As with a lot of music, seeing them live made a big difference for me.

I agree, (usually) everything sounds better live :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Some videos to get the excitement levels up.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

John Grant on form is really something. Give him the Jimmy Cliff slot please

John Grant on form is really something. Give him the Jimmy Cliff slot please

Or Jon Hopkins :)

• Advertisement

Another thing I've noticed, there's no reggae act this year Beatyard scooped the Congos who would've been perfect for ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Another thing I've noticed, there's no reggae act this year Beatyard scooped the Congos who would've been perfect for ATN.

The Wailers are playing arent they?

The Wailers are playing arent they?

Cool I forgot about them, sorted then woo hoo! ;0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭endainoz

So who here like me is going to EP and ATN? Have to say I prefer the ATN lineup by a long way so far. When making the playlist for ATN I discovered so many great acts along with the great ones I knew already. Like EP has it's big headliners and all, but not overly impressed with the mid tier acts yet. I'm sure it'll balance out with EPs next announcement but right now excitement levels for ATN are definitely higher for me right now!

endainoz wrote: »
    So who here like me is going to EP and ATN? Have to say I prefer the ATN lineup by a long way so far. When making the playlist for ATN I discovered so many great acts along with the great ones I knew already. Like EP has it's big headliners and all, but not overly impressed with the mid tier acts yet. I'm sure it'll balance out with EPs next announcement but right now excitement levels for ATN are definitely higher for me right now!
    Yeah, I'm going to both. ATN ticking lots of boxes at the moment alright but I've been through enough EPs at this stage to be confident that their final line-up will have loads in it for me. It's lovely to be in the position where you're not in a competition, casting envious glances at the other bill. It's win win for me. Two great weekends last year, no doubt it'll be the same this time round.

And still no word on this supposed big electronic act being announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Going to both. ATN with kids and a load of other families we know. EP without kids. Cannot wait for both.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm going to both. ATN ticking lots of boxes at the moment alright but I've been through enough EPs at this stage to be confident that their final line-up will have loads in it for me. It's lovely to be in the position where you're not in a competition, casting envious glances at the other bill. It's win win for me. Two great weekends last year, no doubt it'll be the same this time round.

The real competition is between ATN, Indiependence and Beatyard, unfortunately. Beatyard has some great acts - Groove Armada, Grandmaster Flash, Chvrches, the Congos and Jungle are all solid bookings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Would like to see Richard Ashcroft a this festival some day! who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Going to both. ATN with kids and a load of other families we know. EP without kids. Cannot wait for both.

Doing Glasters, ATN and EP with kids. Thoughts and prayers.

• Advertisement

Is this festival quite popular it seems to be busier than the EP thread.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Is this festival quite popular it seems to be busier than the EP thread.

Changing demographics perhaps? Kicking teenagers at EP, while not prohibited, is somewhat frowned upon these days. Whereas at ATN, good luck even finding a teenager to kick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

We're doing it the other way round. Although we might end up selling the Picnic tickets as the lineup is fairly weak

• Registered Users Posts: 8 alexmcquaid

Lamb are putting together a few August festivals slots. They'd be a great addition. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but does anyone have experience of how strict they are in boutique camping area about whether your ticket is family camping or not? Had hoped to get a bellepad or podpad but the only ones left appear to be in the family camping area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

hibsman wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but does anyone have experience of how strict they are in boutique camping area about whether your ticket is family camping or not? Had hoped to get a bellepad or podpad but the only ones left appear to be in the family camping area.

You have to register a kid to get into family camping.

Lamb are putting together a few August festivals slots. They'd be a great addition. Fingers crossed!

Would be amazing! Even a solo gig in ireland would be grest as they havent played in about 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

Wooderson wrote: »
    You have to register a kid to get into family camping.
    I thought as much, seems strict going by the website. It seems unusual that the boutique camping is pretty much sold out already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

hibsman wrote: »
    I thought as much, seems strict going by the website. It seems unusual that the boutique camping is pretty much sold out already.

Think with it all selling out so early, it makes sense as probably a demographic that wants a nice weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

The Futureheads are back from a hiatus and have a new tune out called Jekyll.

Have seen a few gigs during the summer in the UK. Would be ecstatic to see them added.

Another electronic announcement would be nice too!

Advertisement