Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So what's this electronic act that Griffdaddy was hinting about a week or two ago.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭endainoz

Posted this in the EP thread too, quite worrying news.

Yeah for smaller events for sure. Insurance companies are essentially a cartel at this point, government don't go without blame either. Has to be a cap on these ridiculous payouts for personal injury. It's gone mad these days and they have done nothing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

That has been on the radio a lot this week and a couple of papers.
    It is ridiculous the way so many different aspects of events are now contolled by companies without any competition.
    The civil defence licence is in trouble at the minute also.
    I'd imagine that the iomst website will have lost about 75% of the listings by next year if it continues like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Only a matter of time before we have the Aviva Picnic. Close them all down, then take over.

• Advertisement

Hoboo wrote: »
    Only a matter of time before we have the Aviva Picnic. Close them all down, then take over.

Ha! Like the Lisdoonvarna, Feile or Oxitude in Dublin. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Suckit wrote: »
    That has been on the radio a lot this week and a couple of papers.
    It is ridiculous the way so many different aspects of events are now contolled by companies without any competition.
    The civil defence licence is in trouble at the minute also.
    I'd imagine that the iomst website will have lost about 75% of the listings by next year if it continues like this.

You know what will happen? People will moan about it, do nothing, and pay the sky high ticket prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭endainoz

Ha! Like the Lisdoonvarna, Feile or Oxitude in Dublin.

I know 2003 was sixteen years ago, but the wounds are still deep man!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

any word on another announcement date ?

miller82 wrote: »
    any word on another announcement date ?

well apart from this rumoured electronic act I can imagine it will be smaller national acts and sideshows and the like for now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

well apart from this rumoured electronic act I can imagine it will be smaller national acts and sideshows and the like for now on.

I would expect a few more international acts to be added mixed with some small stuff comedy, spoken word and the likes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

No more 'electronic' "MUSIC" please...…

There is plenty there for god sake!
    Guitars Please... more guitars...… :)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

greenspurs wrote: »

Booooo. Electronic x100 please!
    The weirder the better ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I'm a guitars man but I think we've been pretty well looked after. I'd be happy enough to see the poor electronic heads be thrown a few more scraps.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

greenspurs wrote: »

There is plenty there for god sake!
    Guitars Please... more guitars...… :)

lol c'mon you've been spoiled this year.. if anything the cry should be for more electronica - not enough yet!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭IspeakcozIcan

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    lol c'mon you've been spoiled this year.. if anything the cry should be for more electronica - not enough yet!!

Definitely more electronica! I like guitars and all, but at a festival I can only take so much.

Yup we need to build up some Arcadia Afterburner acts. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Yup we need to build up some Arcadia Afterburner acts. :)

Lot of great Irish Djs around at the moment. Should fill out the lineup with them.

George Feely, Andrew Azara, Krystal Klear, Tommy Holohan,Brame & Hamo etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Hey folks - quick Q. Almost certain to have been covered before but...

Bought tix on the installment plan. First payment went out on March 4, card was stolen and had to get a new one since. Updated on ticket master but forgot that I had to call to update payment for the installment so no payment went out this month.

Is calling the 0818 number my only option? Spent ages on hold this morning and had no luck.

Anyone else had to do this? I presume I can just pay when registering my new card, yeah?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Bought tix on the installment plan. First payment went out on March 4, card was stolen and had to get a new one since. Updated on ticket master but forgot that I had to call to update payment for the installment so no payment went out this month.

Is calling the 0818 number my only option? Spent ages on hold this morning and had no luck.

Anyone else had to do this? I presume I can just pay when registering my new card, yeah?

Cheers!

There was a mixup with my tickets early on and I was overcharged, then after that was fixed my card was skimmed. I got on to them and was expecting a lot of confusion, but it was pretty straight forward.

I had missed one payment I think and they just doubled up the next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 hellfish

Cheers!

Yea I sorted the same thing out over the phone

I asked ATN on their Facebook page about when they will be announcing electronic acts for Arcadia and they replied that more acts will be announced in June. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I asked ATN on their Facebook page about when they will be announcing electronic acts for Arcadia and they replied that more acts will be announced in June. :)

Nice one! Cheers for keeping us in the loop

saw Goldie and fabio & grooverider do quality d n b set at arcadia in glasto 2017 - I'd love something like that. There's far too much crispy clean house / electronica on the bill at the moment... maybe even some psytrance or gabber :)

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

saw Goldie and fabio & grooverider do quality d n b set at arcadia in glasto 2017 - I'd love something like that. There's far too much crispy clean house / electronica on the bill at the moment... maybe even some psytrance or gabber :)

I'd love to see Goldie live, that would be epic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I read Goldie and I thanked you. Then I read psytrance and I took it away. Can't have people thinking I'm a psytrance fan.

I read Goldie and I thanked you. Then I read psytrance and I took it away. Can't have people thinking I'm a psytrance fan.

on any given day I would unthank me too... but I do enjoy a bit of aural assault at a festival I won't deny it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

on any given day I would unthank me too... but I do enjoy a bit of aural assault at a festival I won't deny it :)

Pay me 50 quid and I'll shout in your ear for 20 minutes

Synode wrote: »
    Pay me 50 quid and I'll shout in your ear for 20 minutes

ha ha I don't think my tinnitus would like that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

Anyone else having announcement withdrawal?

Advertisement