Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

c - 13 wrote: »
    There was no craft on the main bars IIRC, but there was an area down on the lawns at the back of the house had a craft beer bar. Don't remember what was on exactly but I think they had Dungarvan and Wicklow Wolf. I don't remember the price being extortionate for a festival either.

Dungarvan and Wicklow Wolf would be perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Watching Glastonbury all weekend didn't help....But just over a month to go before we'll be settling into that all important first can of the festival!

Nothing like the first can after setting up the tent. Just over 4 weeks to go! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭darzog

As a follow-on to D.Q.s link to Murder Capital at Rock Werchter, there is a very interesting short interview from the same festival with Olafur Arnalds. He chats about his strategy when choosing festivals and a bit about slot times. Looks like he could literally be the only show in town during his spot...

Sadly as a new poster, it appears I cannot post a link, but here’s the path.

Rock Werchter Website > RWTV > Interview (near the bottom)

Unless some kind thread battle-hardened vet takes pity on a newbie and puts up the link. Ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads is the family campsite different to the normal one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Lads is the family campsite different to the normal one?

The family camping was a fenced off section of the boutique camping last year (other end of the festival site from main camping). We were in tangerine fields and our tent was opposite the entrance of it. They had security checking wrist bands of folk going in to it the whole time, so quite well run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

I found this video of Jon Hopkins on YouTube

https://youtu.be/hHe0nckLiYU

pretty cool and fascinating listening to him as he is also interviewed. Very unassuming dude.

Also I’ve made a few playlists of some artists based on their most recents setlists (in order) if anyone is interested!

Fontaine’s - https://open.spotify.com/user/1185243679/playlist/3Q6bQ4781Zlmcr09zoVTkm?si=8Tj5qx93Qa6LFC5P-kPeaA

Hot Chip - https://open.spotify.com/user/1185243679/playlist/6inwom17umlTbPam6VmQ3P?si=eB_0GwcFTWC2ipC_6k4eoA

Loyle Carner - https://open.spotify.com/user/1185243679/playlist/2W5CykBHD1ON6ppwlu1rd0?si=rDyHGRHwQueBhbcst7XdVA

Jon Hopskins - https://open.spotify.com/user/1185243679/playlist/2ZNX7htVfvPrxBK7DUfykE?si=2azwsqHkR2a5cB9PcX8lvg

Also here’s a bonus one Idles for their Iveagh gig for anyone going...

https://open.spotify.com/user/1185243679/playlist/7uuAfKNQzWMrApbU0WAK0O?si=vQjrNFS8SJmlQfXZExNLpw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Will bring a few tasty beers but what beers will they have on tap?
    Any chance of something crafty, especially with all the lovely Irish acts, some Irish beers to go with them would be icing on the cake!

The normal beer on tap around the place is horrible. I stuck to the cans I brought in for most of the weekend and spaced out going through them all with the odd pint, and most of the time I dumped it before I could finish it. Wasn't just me in my group who felt this way. It would be one hope I'd have is that they can get something else on the go at the bar, but I doubt it. I'll stick to the Jameson bar if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

c - 13 wrote: »
    There was no craft on the main bars IIRC, but there was an area down on the lawns at the back of the house had a craft beer bar. Don't remember what was on exactly but I think they had Dungarvan and Wicklow Wolf. I don't remember the price being extortionate for a festival either.

id love to know what kind of money the bars made in there last year ?
    I saw very few people at the bars. most people had their cans.
    Although the Bacardi (?) bar was pretty busy (probably for their nice comfy bean bags tho) and the wine bar playing the cool tunes alllll day (1st on the left when you go up the steps towards the main arena)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'd say I had 5 cans for every pint.

It was so fúckin warm a nice cold pint in between the craftie cans went down well.

Freeflow is magnificent, especially with the small scale of the festival. At the main stage or the two tents nearby you could nip back to the tent, grab cans, go to the toilet and be back at the stage in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I wonder if they will have any new stages down there this year. If they are expanding to 25,000 from 15,000 (is this confirmed?) they will surely need to have a couple of extra things on site. The main stage would be capable of handling the extra crowds but the tents/Arcadia would struggle to cope with such an increase if there were no other areas added/expanded.

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    I'd say I had 5 cans for every pint.

It was so fúckin warm a nice cold pint in between the craftie cans went down well.

Freeflow is magnificent, especially with the small scale of the festival. At the main stage or the two tents nearby you could nip back to the tent, grab cans, go to the toilet and be back at the stage in no time.

The thing with boutique camping is that it's a fair old wander from the main stage and larger tents. You're better off bringing all your supplies with you when leaving the campsite so you don't have to trek back each time....but then again I really don't like walking too much!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

The thing with boutique camping is that it's a fair old wander from the main stage and larger tents. You're better off bringing all your supplies with you when leaving the campsite so you don't have to trek back each time....but then again I really don't like walking too much!:o

How far are we talking? 5-15 mins? I have a tent in Tangerine Fields booked but can easily flog it and "rough" it in general camping...;)

Thanks

I wonder if they will have any new stages down there this year. If they are expanding to 25,000 from 15,000 (is this confirmed?) they will surely need to have a couple of extra things on site. The main stage would be capable of handling the extra crowds but the tents/Arcadia would struggle to cope with such an increase if there were no other areas added/expanded.

Think the capacity is only going to 20,000? The site can certainly take that, but the artisan food vendors in front of the main house could struggle. Queues were huge for all of them last year at certain times. Waited a hell of a long time for a cheese toastie...but luckily it was the best damn toastie I'd ever had!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Think the capacity is only going to 20,000? The site can certainly take that, but the artisan food vendors in front of the main house could struggle. Queues were huge for all of them last year at certain times. Waited a hell of a long time for a cheese toastie...but luckily it was the best damn toastie I'd ever had!

The lobster rolls were constantly sold out. Never got up early enough for one :o

Really hope the weather is as good as last year because it could get real messy real quick if there is heavy rain because the gen camping is on a slope as is the area in front of the main stage.

Then again, mud is an essential part of the festival experience, right?!

Note: I’m in fancy camping this year :p

whelzer wrote: »
    How far are we talking? 5-15 mins? I have a tent in Tangerine Fields booked but can easily flog it and "rough" it in general camping...;)

Thanks

We're Tangerine again this year. I'd say it's about 15 minutes from the entrance of the boutique campsites to the main arena if you're going straight there and not having a look around (but it's a nice stroll with plenty to see). Probably not a long trek for most people!

You're very near the main house in boutique though, which has the Belonging bandstand, Acoustic tent and Curious Minds along with lots of food vendors, Lawns of Tranquillity and the Bacardi bar, so plenty to do nearby, particularly for during the day.

I'm not sure if they're going to change the map around this year, as there was some space issues with parking for the main campsite. We'll have to wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

I'm interested to see if they change around the general camping and the boutique this year. We were general last year and were a 5 min walk from the car and 5 min walk to main arena if even and it was so ideal!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I also queued for that toastie. So good.

D.Q wrote: »
    I also queued for that toastie. So good.

So good I queued again the next day (Toons Bridge Dairy I believe it was called)! Pretty much lived on those and the Lala Poutine in the main arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

So good I queued again the next day (Toons Bridge Dairy I believe it was called)! Pretty much lived on those and the Lala Poutine in the main arena.

I didn't really eat from saturday noonish til very late sunday night.

Ate a burrito under the ferris wheel at about 2am sunday.

Don't think I've been as happy since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm just looking forward to the corn dog stand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

anyone queue for the Kale Ice Pops?? yyyyyeeeeeeuuukkkk.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Is the on tap lager Five Lamps? I never thought I'd yearn for a Heineken bar at a festival but...

Anyone want to help me carry in 30+ cans so I don't have to buy any pints?

Also - have the food vendors been announced for this year? Palmento pizza was there last year and I'd happily eat that for every meal!

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    anyone queue for the Kale Ice Pops?? yyyyyeeeeeeuuukkkk.....

My wife got one as it was the only place with no queue....we quickly found out the reason for the lack of queue.

I think it must be what they serve in hell for the damned to cool off. 'We have cold ice pops...but they taste like unadulterated sh1te'

I found this video of Jon Hopkins on YouTube

https://youtu.be/hHe0nckLiYU

pretty cool and fascinating listening to him as he is also interviewed. Very unassuming dude.

Also I’ve made a few playlists of some artists based on their most recents setlists (in order) if anyone is interested!

Fontaine’s - https://open.spotify.com/user/1185243679/playlist/3Q6bQ4781Zlmcr09zoVTkm?si=8Tj5qx93Qa6LFC5P-kPeaA

Hot Chip - https://open.spotify.com/user/1185243679/playlist/6inwom17umlTbPam6VmQ3P?si=eB_0GwcFTWC2ipC_6k4eoA

Loyle Carner - https://open.spotify.com/user/1185243679/playlist/2W5CykBHD1ON6ppwlu1rd0?si=rDyHGRHwQueBhbcst7XdVA

Jon Hopskins - https://open.spotify.com/user/1185243679/playlist/2ZNX7htVfvPrxBK7DUfykE?si=2azwsqHkR2a5cB9PcX8lvg

Also here’s a bonus one Idles for their Iveagh gig for anyone going...

https://open.spotify.com/user/1185243679/playlist/7uuAfKNQzWMrApbU0WAK0O?si=vQjrNFS8SJmlQfXZExNLpw

I meant to say that Beastie Boy’s Sabotage is in the Hot Chip playlist as they’ve covered it at some recent gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

whelzer wrote: »

Thanks

From the main stage you are looking at probably 30 minutes there and back. Assuming the layout is the same this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

From the main stage you are looking at probably 30 minutes there and back. Assuming the layout is the same this year.

Thats a good stretch

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Coz

My wife got one as it was the only place with no queue....we quickly found out the reason for the lack of queue.

I think it must be what they serve in hell for the damned to cool off. 'We have cold ice pops...but they taste like unadulterated sh1te'

http://gph.is/1Swm1EE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Those ice pops were cruel. Purple ones which I assumed were blackcurrent turned out to be beetroot flavoured :confused: Who eats beetroot flavoured ice pops!!

Agree on those toasties though, god they were good! Also had a lovely breakfast blaa one of the mornings which sorted me right out.

• Advertisement

Coz wrote: »

A little crab juice to wash it down....

Advertisement