Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Oh and ATN said on facebook today that they are looking forward to seeing Fontaines DC take to the All Together Now stage, so does that mean they are confirmed for Friday night on the main stage? I think someone saw a poster before saying they were on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Le Bruise wrote: »
    We're Tangerine again this year. I'd say it's about 15 minutes from the entrance of the boutique campsites to the main arena if you're going straight there and not having a look around (but it's a nice stroll with plenty to see). Probably not a long trek for most people!

You're very near the main house in boutique though, which has the Belonging bandstand, Acoustic tent and Curious Minds along with lots of food vendors, Lawns of Tranquillity and the Bacardi bar, so plenty to do nearby, particularly for during the day.

I'm not sure if they're going to change the map around this year, as there was some space issues with parking for the main campsite. We'll have to wait and see!

I hope the family camping is sorted out also.
    Last year was a messy joke. For some reason they planned on people bringing 2/3 man tents...…. :eek: :confused:
    90% of the tents in the wee field were 4-6 man tents ! They were squeezed in everywhere, on top of each other...…
    I heard a man 5 tents up from us fart ……… :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

whelzer wrote: »
    How far are we talking? 5-15 mins? I have a tent in Tangerine Fields booked but can easily flog it and "rough" it in general camping...;)

Thanks

Do you not mean Electric Fields, the Scottish festival?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Do you not mean Electric Fields, the Scottish festival?

Nope, its a pre-pitched area, the Pink Moon of ATN, full of slightly crazy old people with too much money.

The real crazies are in Podpads or Yurts :eek:.

https://www.alltogethernow.ie/boutique-camping

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Lads, I've never been to a festival before! Complete newbie.

Heading to ATN with my boyfriend for the weekend, never built a tent either :v

So I bought a half priced tent (22.99) 3 person pop up tent (!!!) from Home store n more yesterday, I was all excited and popped it up in the sitting room then couldn't fold it back into place and ended up breaking the bloody thing.. Sickened.

Anyway, are you only supposed to use pop up tents once? Would I be better off getting a quickpitch tent and putting it up myself? Are they alright to do?

Aaaand finally, BTW home store n more have cooler boxes for €7.99 atm!

What are your essentials for the festival? And things i must know, like whats the story at festivals people have said you can't bring your drink to the music? How does that work?

Cooler box full of cans
    Tent
    Sleeping bag
    Pillows?

... shed some light pleaase?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Cooler box full of cans

Drink warm cans like an adult :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

So I bought a half priced tent (22.99) 3 person pop up tent (!!!) from Home store n more yesterday, I was all excited and popped it up in the sitting room then couldn't fold it back into place and ended up breaking the bloody thing.. Sickened.

Anyway, are you only supposed to use pop up tents once? Would I be better off getting a quickpitch tent and putting it up myself? Are they alright to do?

What are your essentials for the festival?
    Cooler box full of cans
    Tent
    Sleeping bag
    Pillows?

I would recommend buying a decent four man tent and and air mattress that has an air pump.
    Cooler box would be a great idea too.
    If u can buy a cheap wheel barrow to duck all ur stuff in the it would save your So a lot hassle carrying **** in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Haha, again I don't have a clue - just seen people on about cooler boxes earlier in the thread and thought ah that's a must!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

What are your essentials for the festival? And things i must know, like whats the story at festivals people have said you can't bring your drink to the music? How does that work?

Cooler box full of cans
    Tent
    Sleeping bag
    Pillows?

RE The tent, invest in a decent tent. a 4 man is a good shout. You'll be delighted if it rains. Pop ups can be used more than once but there is a knack to folding them back up. They generally fold to a figure 8 shape, and then that folds back on itself. Youtube is your friend here.

Festival essentials:

Tent
    Drink
    Money
    Phone
    Powerbank
    Cereal bars/crisps
    Air mattress
    Earplugs
    Air pump
    Sleeping bag/pillows
    Black bags
    Duct tape
    Tickets
    Schoolbag/waistbag

Most festivals you can only drink your own drink at the campsite, they will make you buy pints inside the main arena (or smuggle drink in)

ATN thankfully is a free flow festival, so you can bring your drink anywhere with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Also, just to say, I don't think you are supposed to use any tent just once. It just happens that people do that, but it is bad littering and no festival want people to leave their tents behind. They have been called single use tents as a result, and wouldn't stand up to a strong wind or a proper shower. (You will be very happy with yourself for the better tent if it rains).
    https://www.treehugger.com/culture/festival-goers-are-told-stop-abandoning-tents.html
    https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/festival-tents-charity-donation-environment-damage-music-a8513401.html
    https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/planning-on-leaving-your-tent-behind-after-a-summer-festival-heres-why-you-shouldnt-do-that_uk_5cd296b4e4b0a7dffccec60d

As Bowlardo and D.Q said, get a decent four man tent, much more room and will withstand a lot more. Also you wont have to buy one next year or the year after etc.

EDIT - Just in case the tent that you bought is still good, no need to replace it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Cooler box full of cans
    Tent
    Sleeping bag
    Pillows?

You sound like good craic. Ye'll have a ball. Comprehensive list of things to think about bringing on the 1st page of the EP thread.....
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057907557

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Cooler box full of cans
    Tent
    Sleeping bag
    Pillows?

Pop ups - complete Barstards to try to "unpop" … just not worth it.
    Shopping trolley - to carry all the camping 'schtuff' - essential.

At ATN , you can bring in 24 (?) cans per person , they 'must' be brought in on entry to campsite.... Although last year it was very relaxed , and the checking was quite lax.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jellybeano

Stillill42 wrote: »
    You sound like good craic. Ye'll have a ball. Comprehensive list of things to think about bringing on the 1st page of the EP thread.....
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057907557

That’s a great list. Throw an eye mask into your bag too. Block out those sun rays when you want some shut eye. Sleep = power

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Cooler box full of cans
    Tent
    Sleeping bag
    Pillows?

i recommend high 5 zero effervescent electrolyte tabs, panadol effervescents and dioralyte; my morning breakfast cocktail drink that never fails!

I also appreciate my blow up camping mattress, not the kind that you blow up with a foot pump. These ones are quite thin but very effective and not cumbersome to carry.

something like this

https://www.regatta.ie/napa-8-double-mat-laser-blue/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-JzenMmW4wIVQbHtCh3-0wwREAQYBSABEgImevD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Personally I'd invest in a 4 man Vango tent

https://www.outdoorworlddirect.co.uk/vango-tay-400-tent.html

Great gear that you can bring home. You should bring any of your stuff home anyway OBVIOUSLY.

a rake of powerbanks as mentioned.

maybe a torch too.

earplugs and eyemasks.

I stopped bothering with chairs but they are great to have, just a pain in the arse the haul around.

Lads recommend me a power bank. I've never needed one before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Re: cooler boxes - how many cans would fit in a 4L box fit? Hadn't considered buying one before but they're quite reasonable on Homestore and More site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭LowOdour

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

I got a €15 one in Euro Giant 2 weeks ago for B&S. 5200 mAh, they reckon you need 2500 mAh to power a smartphone from scratch. It did me and my iPhone 8 grand Friday-Monday, pretty sure herself used it a few times as well. Phone probably never got down to less than 50% each day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Re: cooler boxes - how many cans would fit in a 4L box fit? Hadn't considered buying one before but they're quite reasonable on Homestore and More site.
    I'd say 6 - 8 at a push..

I've a few made by the likes of Kingston, and a few I picked up in Penneys. I didn't know this myself but from a quick google..

'A power bank is measured by its capacity, which is rated in mAh (milli Ampere hour.) Generally, the higher the mAh rating of your power bank or portable charger, the more power it will have to recharge your devices'

obviously the penneys ones were crap and the other ones much longer lasting. (Like full iphone charge with a bit left over for charging my vape)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the recommendations lads. Forgive my ignorance now but you charge your power bank before you go down, yes? And then how many phone charges would you get out of that before your power bank is out of juice, say for a 10000 mah power bank?

Thanks for the recommendations lads. Forgive my ignorance now but you charge your power bank before you go down, yes? And then how many phone charges would you get out of that before your power bank is out of juice, say for a 10000 mah power bank?

put the phone on low power mode and you can manage for quite some time or even airplane mode but that mean no communication unless you turn it off.

I usually manage on one good power bank per day. But with the vape I bring around 5 or 6 of them (mix of good and ****e ones) all charged up before I go.

In glastonbury they had a great system of renting one which you could return for a fresh one when empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Coz

Stillill42 wrote:

I've a 24000mah. Kept 2 phones charged from Friday to Monday with a few top ups for friends too.

Just don't leave it to charge overnight. Your phone will use battery just being turned on and will drain more charge from the pack.

We charge ours while having breakfast bants with the gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Looking at lads trying fold these up on the Monday morning was genuinely one of the highlights of my weekend, primetime viewing!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

A 10,000mah will last one phone the full weekend with a bit more to spare. I had an aged iphone that was very hard on the juice last year and got through comfortably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Basq wrote: »
    I'd say 6 - 8 at a push..

Ah - cheers. I'll need to go bigger so!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

In a months time I'll be running about the festival site waving my arms in the air and going weeeeeeeeeeee! :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Xiaomi, Aukey, Anker or Ravpower on amazon are all fairly good options. Would be recommended and well known.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=power+bank&rh=p_89%3AAUKEY%7CAnker%7CRAVPower%7CXiaomi&s=review-rank&dc&fst=as%3Aoff&qid=1562092842&rnid=1632651031&ref=sr_st_review-rank

For a weekender you might want a 20000+ but might get away with a 10000 depending on what you want to charge and how often you need to charge it/them.

Also worth remembering, Amazon Prime Day is coming up soon (15th/16th July) and they could feature in that - as could tents, coolers and other camp equipment.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Prime-Day/b?ie=UTF8&node=10157705031

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

I got this power bank a few years ago

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VJSGT2A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_IS6gDb7DXF83J

Well worth it. Has done a number of festivals and I actually use it a lot day to day. You get about 6-7 full charges out of it and it’s super quick too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Remember when buying a PowerBank from Amazon, you'll need to ship to AddressPal in London. You can't ship them to ROI or NI.

Advertisement