Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

Question guys...anyone know if there is a place to keep a bike safe if you cycle down there (from Dublin)? Mate of mine is thinking of doing the 270km round trip the mad man!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Question guys...anyone know if there is a place to keep a bike safe if you cycle down there (from Dublin)? Mate of mine is thinking of doing the 270km round trip the mad man!

Nice handy spin … :)

I think he would have to contact the organisers....
    does he know someone with a camper that could hold the bike for him ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    Nice handy spin … :)

I think he would have to contact the organisers....
    does he know someone with a camper that could hold the bike for him ?

No and I’m not driving for the first time to a festival but perhaps he knows someone that is driving and he could leave it in their car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Your mate will have to find a very sound and willing person to be their vehicular support driver for this I’d say. That person will have to bring the majority of your mates stuff (tent, booze etc) down as I’m sure he won’t be able to bring that on the bike. They’ll also have to wait for him (or come back out and meet him) in the car park beforehand to do the handover, then store his bike for him. Lastly, they’ll have to bring all his stuff home again!

......and it’s also a hell of a distance! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

Are campervan passes out yet? moved house recently so want to make sure i dont miss it.....cheers....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Thanks for the recommendations lads. Forgive my ignorance now but you charge your power bank before you go down, yes? And then how many phone charges would you get out of that before your power bank is out of juice, say for a 10000 mah power bank?

depends on your phone and its battery. most smart phone batteries are around 3000mah now, so you'll get 3 and a bit charges out of a 10000mah power bank.

find you phone on https://www.gsmarena.com/ and it'll tell you the battery capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 The flush

Loving fontaines and idiles at the mo roll on August Bank Holiday weekend 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Lads and lassies , anyone recall when the map was released last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

WM18 wrote: »
    Are campervan passes out yet? moved house recently so want to make sure i dont miss it.....cheers....

Yeah, all long gone. They pop up for sale here and there but I have given up on getting one tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

He could start the first tour de atn kinda like the EP one..! I don't think so but organisers might be able to let you know if there's somewhere nearby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

Anyone at any of the festivals over the summer yet? Were the guards breathalyzing on the road afterwards? We got waived on by the guards after ATN last year but wondering will they be more strict this year seeming that they are nearly always out in the mornings now? Usually take it handy on last day anyway but just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Lads and lassies , anyone recall when the map was released last year?

27th July last year, going by my WhatsApp messages around that time!

Could be earlier this year, as most of it is already established?

dodo87 wrote: »
    Anyone at any of the festivals over the summer yet? Were the guards breathalyzing on the road afterwards? We got waived on by the guards after ATN last year but wondering will they be more strict this year seeming that they are nearly always out in the mornings now? Usually take it handy on last day anyway but just curious

Get a breathaliser thingy in BOOTS to be sure monday morning..

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Your mate will have to find a very sound and willing person to be their vehicular support driver for this I’d say. That person will have to bring the majority of your mates stuff (tent, booze etc) down as I’m sure he won’t be able to bring that on the bike. They’ll also have to wait for him (or come back out and meet him) in the car park beforehand to do the handover, then store his bike for him. Lastly, they’ll have to bring all his stuff home again!

......and it’s also a hell of a distance! :)

He does this kind of thing quite a lot actually and is totally self sufficient, brings tent, clothes etc all on the bike! Mad man. Likes his wine so will bring some and just use the vendors there after that. I’ll get onto the organisers, I’m sure they’ll find a shed or something where he can lock it up. I’ll tell them he is supper concerned about his carbon footprint and they’ll have to be seen to facilitate such a noble endeavour!

Yeah, all long gone. They pop up for sale here and there but I have given up on getting one tbh.

I have one alright,just haven't got it in the post yet,have they been posted anyone know ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Just booked the week before this off. Abandoning all pretence. WIll be weather forecasts and this thread on a 24hr loop

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Same happened for us . Sis was driving and came off in Carlow for some grub. Gaurds on slip road and stopped us as sis was covered head to toe in facepaint. Rolled down the window expecting to be breathalysed and garda just goes" Go on , keep her lit".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Seen no Gardai check points anyway going back to Galway through Athlone from Body&Soul, maybe toward Dublin there was I don't know.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭kenn0

Hi all have the campervan/caravan tickets arrived in the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

kenn0 wrote: »
    Hi all have the campervan/caravan tickets arrived in the post?

Yeah, mine arrived months ago. My weekend tickets only arrived a week after final payment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

How can you tell from ticketmaster if final payment has been taken and/or your tickets have been sent out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Pop-up tents are a godsend I think. Have been using the same Trespass one for like 4 years of festivals. Unpopping it can be annoying but once you get the knack of it it's worth it for the five second arrive and pop-up moment leading to instant cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Once you get the twist down, pop ups are the best

Love my fresh & black

Suckit wrote: »
      Yeah, mine arrived months ago. My weekend tickets only arrived a week after final payment.

How far back as i havent got mine....:mad::mad:

1. Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

maximoose wrote: »
      Once you get the twist down, pop ups are the best

Love my fresh & black

Think it might have been you that recommended the fresh on black a few years ago on here. Bought one before festival season last year. Still going strong. Absolute god send of a tent.

2. Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Mine arrived two days after final payment

1. Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Stillill42 wrote: »
        Thanks for the recommendations lads. Forgive my ignorance now but you charge your power bank before you go down, yes? And then how many phone charges would you get out of that before your power bank is out of juice, say for a 10000 mah power bank?

Already answered a few times, but just to add,

If you charge it on Aeroplane mode it will charge faster and take less charge, also every time you 'top up' charge, it will deplete the powerbank quicker, so best not to 'top up' and only charge when you need to .

2. Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I think mine arrived in January or February.

3. Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

if you have any old mp3 players, make a few playlists and bring those for the campsite music. Saves on battery big time.

4. Advertisement
      5. Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I've still got my music angel friendz speaker and my ipod classic still seems to be working, had to abandon Itunes though I use a Windows based app now called Copy Trans Control which I can sync to the ipod.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement