Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

D.Q wrote: »
    4 Weeks from tomorrow.

There's a particular moment I'm living for, its a bit of a strange one haha

It could be after your first can, but generally its your 2nd or 3rd.

Finish a can.

Then the most beautiful journey of the year begins. That first, half drunk stroll from the tents to the portaloo. Walking past crowds of people assembling tents, different accents in the air, dodging ropes, maybe grab some small conversation with your new neighbours.

Nice buzz, into the warmth of the still clean portaloo. The doors around you slamming, muffled conversation and music filtering through.

Back into the fresh air then, finding your way back to your own tents, always a slightly different route. The music and conversations at your own camp still going strong. Sit back into the camping chair.

Open a can.

That’s the most poetic description of ‘breaking the seal’ I’ve ever heard.....and it’s spot on. I could so imagine the slam of the portaloo door and taking a slash with a big happy head on you as life’s normal troubles float away, and all you’re left with is the unbridled joy of the weekend ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Cue tomorrow's big portaloo announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Stillill42 wrote: »

Ahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

Tomorrow's announcement is Arcadia stage lineup

Tomorrow's announcement is Arcadia stage lineup

How do ya know though?

• Advertisement

Stillill42 wrote: »

Rumour has it this year’s headliner is 2ply!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

How do ya know though?

They replied to a comment earlier this week on Facebook to someone asking about Arcadia, notice it has been swiftly deleted mind!

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Rumour has it this year’s headliner is 2ply!

My money's on Loodacris.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

This weather and all the talk of cans by the tent would really make you look forward to 4 weeks time. Speaking of cans, what are people thinking? Big call to make particularly with the free flow system. No point being in a heap at 8pm Friday after a few 6% IPAs! Anyone feel they got it just right last year with their choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

I havent got my ticket yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Le Bruise wrote: »
    That’s the most poetic description of ‘breaking the seal’ I’ve ever heard.....and it’s spot on. I could so imagine the slam of the portaloo door and taking a slash with a big happy head on you as life’s normal troubles float away, and all you’re left with is the unbridled joy of the weekend ahead!

This is why I love boards. Ie

Looking forward to 'that' moment too! Especially as its my first festival.

Sitting down in the dark for the first time on the portaloo, thinking of the adventures that lie ahead

Yeehaah.

My moment from past body&souls is when everyone is either pitching their tent or settling into their first can and the crowd spontaneously starts cheering at absolutely nothing but the weekend we have ahead of ourselves

hibsman wrote: »
    This weather and all the talk of cans by the tent would really make you look forward to 4 weeks time. Speaking of cans, what are people thinking? Big call to make particularly with the free flow system. No point being in a heap at 8pm Friday after a few 6% IPAs! Anyone feel they got it just right last year with their choice?

I feel the strawberry/lemon Bulmers are always a good shout for the mornings or hangovers. Especially if you can keep them cold. Vodka and diet cokes for the Sunday. I like to bring a few little jack Daniels and coke premixed cans as well.

I over shot the mark on the Friday a wee bit last year, with a combination of cans, gin & tonic and wine. Was only planning on the few cans at the tent with a bottle of wine for bringing in....but then a mate produced a huge flask of g&t (heavy on the g) and I went to town, k’o-ing slightly earlier than I’d have hoped. I shan’t make the same mistake this year....or shan I??

Who was everyones favourite set last year? Thought underworld were sensational

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

The Underworld set brought me back to life last year. I was just feeling flat and couldn’t get going, was actually thinking of just going back to the tent and then it happened...Born Slippy. I came back from the dead and the rest of the night was epic :cool:

Mogwai were unbelievable and The Black Madonna also. Really enjoyed some of the sets from the bandstand (the little stage in front of the big house).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Self control ? :rolleyes:
    Pace yourself ? :rolleyes:

When will the stage times be finalised I wonder?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

greenspurs wrote: »
    Self control ? :rolleyes:
    Pace yourself ? :rolleyes:

When will the stage times be finalised I wonder?

Most likely are already but won’t be released until the week before like last year. I’m saying in 3 weeks time, Friday 26th. I’m basing that on screenshots in my photo album from last year of the stage times which was from the Friday before the festival, July 27th.

The Underworld set brought me back to life last year. I was just feeling flat and couldn’t get going, was actually thinking of just going back to the tent and then it happened...Born Slippy. I came back from the dead and the rest of the night was epic :cool:

Mogwai were unbelievable and The Black Madonna also. Really enjoyed some of the sets from the bandstand (the little stage in front of the big house).

Mogwai were awesome! I’d put Mura Masa up there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I havent got my ticket yet?

I'm the same and was starting to wonder about it

Logged in and I have e-tickets there and ready, must have selected it. Worth checking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Well, that's a disappointing announcement..

https://www.facebook.com/363135634109793/posts/677321336024553/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

This is why I love boards. Ie

Looking forward to 'that' moment too! Especially as its my first festival.

Sitting down in the dark for the first time on the portaloo, thinking of the adventures that lie ahead

Yeehaah.

noobie error!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Nils Frahm was what came to mind when i read this, so him I guess.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

noobie error!

The only time i ever sit down in a portaloo is around 10am as the arena opens and all the toilets are cleaned and very few people around , its also nice to just chill there and catch your thoughts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭citycentre

Nils Frahm was mindblowing, Roisin Murphy was a blast as always but with added sunshine and Ghostpoet was my favourite unknown that I stumbled upon...

Yeah, Mogwai for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

WhenYoung were favourites for me followed very closely by The New Power Generation.. Frist Aid Kit were class and I really enjoyed those Bootleg Beatles..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

The only time i ever sit down in a portaloo is around 10am as the arena opens and all the toilets are cleaned and very few people around , its also nice to just chill there and catch your thoughts :)

With 3/4 people looking furtive hanging around the arena entrance at 9.55 with a bog roll stuffed up their jumper out of modesty

Yeah born slippy was insane, Such a bucket list song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Jimmy Cliff on Sunday for me especially when he missed the original scheduling because of flight chaos and Booka Shade on Saturday night, I enjoyed Roisin Murphy too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement