Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 intothecold

greenspurs wrote: »
    Same questions being asked repeatedly.

Can people not look up the All Together now website to find out ?
    Transport - https://www.alltogethernow.ie/getting-here
    Bus Eireann to Curraghmore - https://national.buseireann.ie/?originStop=35505&destinationstop=31031&ticketType=2&departdate=02-aug-2019&departtime=1200&returndate=05-aug-2019&returntime=0800&adult=1&child=0&student=0&family=0

General Info - https://www.alltogethernow.ie/information

All the info is on their website....

The question I was asking was if private buses can drop people off directly into the boutique carpark, I can't find any information regarding that on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

The question I was asking was if private buses can drop people off directly into the boutique carpark, I can't find any information regarding that on the website.

I can't see why not to be honest! Unless it's a big 52 seater that might have trouble turning and all that. To the best of my knowledge there was no stewards until you reached the entrance to carpark last year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

A little sneak peek into the area to whet the appetite. Looks like the main stage, toilets and boutique camping areas I think. Apologies for the poor quality.

Curraghmore.jpg
    Curraghmore2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

So the mainstage looks to be in the same place, I wonder where they will expand the camping to.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Is toutless the best bet now for tickets? Need one weekend and/or one campervan...not me, but on the lookout for a friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Probably a question for the private bus operators.

hankless wrote: »
    Is toutless the best bet now for tickets? Need one weekend and/or one campervan...not me, but on the lookout for a friend.

Definitely. Or try your online network.......Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, WhatsApp groups, whatever you use.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 intothecold

Hoboo wrote: »
    Probably a question for the private bus operators.

The bus driver will drop us wherever we ask him to, I was just wondering what way the festival directs the private buses when they arrive is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Festivals are usually terrible for things like that, it's normal for all buses to be directed to the same area in the main entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭endainoz

I'd imagine they will be allowed to drop off the same place any shuttle bus will be allowed to drop off. Usually same are that taxis would use. Can't see it being a problem.

• Advertisement

The bus driver will drop us wherever we ask him to, I was just wondering what way the festival directs the private buses when they arrive is all.

Bus driver will drop you where he's told to stop and drop you by the ATN traffic management plan. Punters don't decide. If the company don't know, they need to find out. Could be completely different from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Looking at the arrival information on the Tangerine Fields website and it says 'take the red route (for cars) or take the red shuttle bus'. This would suggest that buses do in fact drop into the Boutique car park/near to the Boutique campsite.

Assuming they would let a private bus do the same...but don't quote me on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Looking at the arrival information on the Tangerine Fields website and it says 'take the red route (for cars) or take the red shuttle bus'. This would suggest that buses do in fact drop into the Boutique car park/near to the Boutique campsite.

Assuming they would let a private bus do the same...but don't quote me on that!

The shuttle buses do drop to both general and boutique entrances.

D.Q wrote: »
    So the mainstage looks to be in the same place, I wonder where they will expand the camping to.

Looking at the picture that c-13 posted and cross referencing (nerd alert) with the aerial shot of last year that I posted, it actually looks like the main stage is in a different spot. It's much closer to the big tree that was in general camping.

See below, the aerial shot from last year again, with a big ignorant circle as to where I think the main stage is for this year. It'd mean the main arena is expanded quite considerably! Not sure what this means for the general camping now, as that will also have to be expanded. Assume all parking will be the far side of the road now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

If we're in Family Camping (just camping, no camper van) do we use the 'Boutique Camping' carpark? I can't really seem to see any confirmation of this. And I assume we can come in and out of this carpark throughout the weekend?

Also concerned that there's been no announcement regarding the All Curious Minds tent this year (talks and poetry etc), does anyone else share this concern or has there been any info I've completely missed?

Just so I'm not polluting the thread with only questions:

Saint Sister did Tiny Desk and it was lovely :)

Out of the new Perform Together Now names, I've really enjoyed Eve Clague Band. Typical singer/songwriter/piano/guitar stuff - but lots of talent.

Another small recommendation that may have passed people by - Kean Kavanagh is part of Softboy Records with Kojaque (He has the lovely voice on Eviction Notice) and is someone I'll be very interested to see.

MattD wrote: »
    If we're in Family Camping (just camping, no camper van) do we use the 'Boutique Camping' carpark? I can't really seem to see any confirmation of this. And I assume we can come in and out of this carpark throughout the weekend?

Yes, assuming it's the same as last year, Family camping and Boutique uses the same parking and the 'red' route.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jimmay!

Looking at the picture that c-13 posted and cross referencing (nerd alert) with the aerial shot of last year that I posted, it actually looks like the main stage is in a different spot. It's much closer to the big tree that was in general camping.

See below, the aerial shot from last year again, with a big ignorant circle as to where I think the main stage is for this year. It'd mean the main arena is expanded quite considerably! Not sure what this means for the general camping now, as that will also have to be expanded. Assume all parking will be the far side of the road now?

I was out there over the weekend talking a walk around and the main stage has definitely been moved good bit further over

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

ohhh yeah. Great work!

So assuming they will repurpose all carparks pictured on the festival side of the road as general camping?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭sporina

Q how do the "shuttles" work? if you arrive by car do you still have to get a shuttle to and from the car park? (as in, if you are not camping but driving to and from the site every day).
    Or are the shuttles to and from say portlaw, mooncoin etc to the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

sporina wrote: »
    Q how do the "shuttles" work? if you arrive by car do you still have to get a shuttle to and from the car park? (as in, if you are not camping but driving to and from the site every day).

Hard to say for sure, since it looks like the layout is changing somewhat (bigger campsite, eating in to what was the car park last year)

I think it's safe to assume that the carpark will still be adjacent to the general campsite, meaning that you park your car and walk over (nothing too drastic to walk either). Shuttling would be if you were to get public transport / going from Portlaw / ..

Last year everyone entered through the general camping entrance, wether you were staying for the night or not. Technically, you could park up somewhere in portlaw and shuttle down, but I only really see that adding unnecessary time since I expect there to be plenty of parking space on site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭darzog

As a minor aside. I Have a Tribe has disappeared from the artist line-up on the Website but is still on the ‘poster’. Concerned that he/they had dropped out, I sent a DM to IHAT and I was reliably informed that he was playing at 8 on the Saturday. So fire up the Clashfinder, there’s your first stage split..!

Edit: If I have betrayed a confidence there, I will expect censure and personal ‘treatment’ from the sniffer dogs (ha...good luck with that) and the ‘can police’ on the way in...

Hard to say for sure, since it looks like the layout is changing somewhat (bigger campsite, eating in to what was the car park last year)

I think it's safe to assume that the carpark will still be adjacent to the general campsite, meaning that you park your car and walk over (nothing too drastic to walk either). Shuttling would be if you were to get public transport / going from Portlaw / ..

Last year everyone entered through the general camping entrance, wether you were staying for the night or not. Technically, you could park up somewhere in portlaw and shuttle down, but I only really see that adding unnecessary time since I expect there to be plenty of parking space on site

oh ok great thanks..

thought i had read somewhere that you had to get a shuttle from car park to the actual site - i wasn't there last year..

there is a lot of info on this thread..

sometimes less is more (if you know what i mean)

so thanks for the clarification

Shuttles for those not driving. Can't walk in. Shuttles take you the short distance from Portlaw to the site. If you're driving you just park in your allocated carpark and walk in that entrance.

ok so if i am staying in kilmacthomas, and don't wanna drive the whole way to and from, could i perhaps park somewhere nearer and avail of a shuttle say from portlaw or somewhere?

if so, anyone know of locations where the shuttles are operating from?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

ok so if i am staying in kilmacthomas, and don't wanna drive the whole way to and from, could i perhaps park somewhere nearer and avail of a shuttle say from portlaw or somewhere?

if so, anyone know of locations where the shuttles are operating from?

They operated from Portlaw's Square last year, can't imagine why they wouldn't this year (it's a wide space for the buses, and it leads directly onto the private road into Curraghmore estate).

MJohnston wrote: »
    They operated from Portlaw's Square last year, can't imagine why they wouldn't this year (it's a wide space for the buses, and it leads directly onto the private road into Curraghmore estate).

thanks - so they operate from anywer else? like moon coin? kilmacthomas?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Not that I know of - I think this is the simplest place for them to run from, because it's all private roads and less hassle.

thanks - so they operate from anywer else? like moon coin? kilmacthomas?

No.

D.Q wrote: »
    ohhh yeah. Great work!

So assuming they will repurpose all carparks pictured on the festival side of the road as general camping?

Would make the most sense I think! Fine sized campsite then, should take the extra capacity with ease. Just hoping they do a similar expansion with tangerine fields now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Would make the most sense I think! Fine sized campsite then, should take the extra capacity with ease. Just hoping they do a similar expansion with tangerine fields now!

They will have to expand a little anyway as Tangerine Fields have said they will have their own toilets/showers etc this year. Weren't they sharing with boutique last year!!

Advertisement