Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

BangBeater wrote: »
    Q on the ticket. Just got physical copy today. Sent a picture of the ticket onto a whatsapp group but without sending on the barcode down the side stub.

In pic I sent however, just realised that the QR code on front can be seen. Little paranoid now that this can be used for entry or is it the barcode that is used?

Did the same myself with the whole ticket and didn't even think of the consequences!!

The lads in the group are all already going though.....and I'm pretty sure they're trustworthy enough!?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭BangBeater

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Did the same myself with the whole ticket and didn't even think of the consequences!!

The lads in the group are all already going though.....and I'm pretty sure they're trustworthy enough!?

This just means I'll have to be there when it opens!

Speaking of which, I've work booked off on the Friday and I want to get there as early as possible on the Friday. Anyone get there before gates open last year? Can you drive into the car park before 12? Chill out with a few tins waiting for gates to open?

This just means I'll have to be there when it opens!

Speaking of which, I've work booked off on the Friday and I want to get there as early as possible on the Friday. Anyone get there before gates open last year? Can you drive into the car park before 12? Chill out with a few tins waiting for gates to open?

The car park opens at 10am, so you can enjoy a few tie-straighteners before heading in!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

New stage at All Together Now called Global Roots.

67499701_685321111891242_5216488151815553024_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQlkrV1TP4D-nFrrCoz_ayFcvV8eG0Hk5KKE5woP2IYmlen-XRmN71ckuThroexJSriq6xS8N95Um5HMeNxfmBKU&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=f946b9b123dc5c6b64e53999d81d7318&oe=5DBCE931

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hope80

Suckit wrote: »
    Sunblock for one - maybe being a bit too hopeful :D

I'm sure you've already seen this (or similar) but, just in case, and while you are waiting for somebody with more knowledge to pop up
    https://www.abc.net.au/doublej/music-reads/features/7-tips-for-surviving-a-music-festival-with-kids/10383758

Thanks for this, every bit helps me prep :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Dj Eggs Legs sounds immediately promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

That's hardly John Connolly the author?

Maybe Johnny Og Connolly the box player from Galway I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Anyone looking for a nice cheap beer you cant go wrong with Argus premium for €1.29 a can and at 5% it should be strong enough, or the 7.2% Argus strong at €1.69 a can both available in Lidl from monday :D

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=21228

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=21227

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Anyone looking for a nice cheap beer you cant go wrong with Argus premium for €1.29 a can and at 5% it should be strong enough, or the 7.2% Argus strong at €1.69 a can both available in Lidl from monday :D

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=21228

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=21227

I thought this was a more cultured festival than this :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭endainoz

New stage at All Together Now called Global Roots.

And my cousin Aindrias is there! Delighted with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Looking forward to the map to see the changes

endainoz wrote: »
    And my cousin Aindrias is there! Delighted with that.

I've played a few sessions with Aindrias over the years in Galway, great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

.. When did festivals become about maps and portaloos for me.

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I thought this was a more cultured festival than this :)

I'll have you know old boy I'll be taking a few different tastes of absinthe with me, some of the finest La Bleues from Val De Travers in Switzerland and Some nice Pontarlier ones from France and the Spanish Serpis. :D:D:D:D I'll also bring me bodhran in case a trad musician has mistakenly wandered into ATN rather than the session he was booked for in Waterford city to play at after the Spraoi Parade. :)

D.Q wrote: »
    .. When did festivals become about maps and portaloos for me.

I look forward to the map as much as the headliner!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭endainoz

I've played a few sessions with Aindrias over the years in Galway, great craic.

Yeah we have a bit of a ritual to see him with the latchikos at the picnic every year. Not sure what he'll be doing by himself, whether it'll be music or the one man comedy show he does, which by the way is fantastic for anybody who might be interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Hey, question for ye please.

We've 2 family camping tickets (2 adults, one almost 3 year old). We had planned on camping but have decided to stay in a B&B nearby instead. A friend of a friend has a similar family situation but they have a pair of general camping tickets. So they've asked would we mind swapping (since we won't need the family campsite). I'm just trying to figure out is there any reason this would create an issue for us before agreeing.

I assume the general camping ticket still let's us bring our daughter in to the festival? Also, there's no other perks I should be aware of at the festival by having the family tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Bacchus wrote: »
    Hey, question for ye please.

We've 2 family camping tickets (2 adults, one almost 3 year old). We had planned on camping but have decided to stay in a B&B nearby instead. A friend of a friend has a similar family situation but they have a pair of general camping tickets. So they've asked would we mind swapping (since we won't need the family campsite). I'm just trying to figure out is there any reason this would create an issue for us before agreeing.

I assume the general camping ticket still let's us bring our daughter in to the festival? Also, there's no other perks I should be aware of at the festival by having the family tickets?

No perks that I'm aware of but youd need the family ticket to bring in any kiddos, camping or not

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

youd need the family ticket to bring in any kiddos, camping or not
    Not true.

We brought ours on Sunday last year - you can bring kids in, and get them registered at car park on way in (wristband with parents phone number in case they go missing). Only need family ticket for family campsite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Tangled wrote: »
    Not true.

We brought ours on Sunday last year - you can bring kids in, and get them registered at car park on way in (wristband with parents phone number in case they go missing). Only need family ticket for family campsite.

Sunday day tickets were only family tickets though..

Edit: checked the website and looks like it does specify family ticket only needed if you're camping alright! Happy days for Bacchus

"What ages are allowed at the festival?

You must be aged 21 or over to gain access to ALL TOGETHER NOW with the exception of children aged 12 or below who must be accompanied by a paying adult.
    There is a maximum limit of two 12 & under children per adult. Those wishing to stay in designated family camping must have a Family Weekend ticket and be accompanied by children aged 12 and under."

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

Should have clarified - we were there for weekend, brought the kids on Sunday.

The Kids Together is a great chill out space, with good coffee for the grown ups!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads can I use two family ticket for admission into the general area without kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,914 ✭✭✭✭Basq

For people who went last year - from looking at stage times, looks to be nothing on until late-afternoon / early-evening on the Friday, was that right?

Was planning to do half the drive to Athlone/Tullamore from Sligo on Thursday night and then the remainder on Friday morning but if not much is on til evening, may not be quite as needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭El Director

By my estimation the stage times will be released this day week. 14 days and counting:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭El Director

Basq wrote: »
    For people who went last year - from looking at stage times, looks to be nothing on until late-afternoon / early-evening on the Friday, was that right?

Was planning to do half the drive to Athlone/Tullamore from Sligo on Thursday night and then the remainder on Friday morning but if not much is on til evening, may not be quite as needed.

That is true. Nice to get there early and settle in though and get a decent spot for your tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

By my estimation the stage times will be released this day week. 14 days and counting:D

ah balls , was hoping today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

They wont be announcing the times until all the acts are announced. I think we still have at least one stage announcement and possibly a music announcement too.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭BangBeater

That is true. Nice to get there early and settle in though and get a decent spot for your tent.

This is my plan. Too many times, getting to festivals later in day, struggling to find a decent spot for tent, etc.

This year, new me, new year, new start.

I'm getting there when the car park opens at 10am. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gandalfio

This is my plan. Too many times, getting to festivals later in day, struggling to find a decent spot for tent, etc.

This year, new me, new year, new start.

I'm getting there when the car park opens at 10am. :cool:

What are people's thoughts on where the ideal spot in the campsite is? Once it's not close to a walkway and toilet?

Advertisement