Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

Guys it's been said there will be no shuttle buses stopping in portlaw this year and they will be coming straight from Waterford city!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

dodo87 wrote: »
    Guys it's been said there will be no shuttle buses stopping in portlaw this year and they will be coming straight from Waterford city!

Said by who?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

It's on a Portlaw community facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 43,915 ✭✭✭✭Basq

sweetie wrote: »
    And the Beth's and Aldous Harding from New Zealand released mighty fine albums recently
    Saw The Beth's support Death Cab For Cutie in London.. they are excellent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

dodo87 wrote: »

As in heading straight from Waterford city to the festival site? Are these the ticketed Bus Eireann buses from the city out?

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    As in heading straight from Waterford city to the festival site? Are these the ticketed Bus Eireann buses from the city out?

Looks like it

67443950_1774053432734717_2024859295157321728_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQkVxaLGABTIcBayLVhTxb317Z4VWTa5QDV3L2vBbl6MV35BMEyZUInwmdiYcpMsUC5LWT4X772c3RG0kPomuBE7&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=cd8e213e07cdd8275906a773d97ed728&oe=5DE242AB

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

The National playing on the Friday night according to their website. As in it says 2 Aug for ATN. Could be wrong though as playing Glasgow on the following Tuesday which seems an unnecessarily long gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Looks like it

That seems like a terrible idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

MJohnston wrote: »
    That seems like a terrible idea!
    It may have been on purpose. Detract a certain crowd, encourage car pooling, less traffic etc..
    I can't see any bad points other than inconvenience. Is it a huge inconvenience?

Admittedly I didn't look at it too hard, I just woke up after having trouble sleeping, and groggy drinking tea..
    Back to bed knowing there is still 10 more sleeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭El Director

hibsman wrote: »
    The National playing on the Friday night according to their website. As in it says 2 Aug for ATN. Could be wrong though as playing Glasgow on the following Tuesday which seems an unnecessarily long gap.

I looked at the main acts websites and they are all saying Aug 2nd but I think they do that just so they’ve a date on their website and don’t revel the real date until the festival organisers do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Suckit wrote: »
    It may have been on purpose. Detract a certain crowd, encourage car pooling, less traffic etc..
    I can't see any bad points other than inconvenience. Is it a huge inconvenience?

It is for those who are living or have booked accomodation locally who have been told "take a taxi or drive yourselves". Hardly fitting with their sustainability policy.

Even the one safe walking route in from the village is closed (as it was last year) so couldnt walk or cycle up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they have 4th August on their tour poster, so pretty much guaranteed for Sunday.

D43VTk2UYAA9Exb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭sporina

i thoughts that Patti Smith was the headliner for Fri night?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

For any David Keenan fans, he wasn't included as an act on any of the announcements but he posted on his Instagram that he "is working on something special with the RTE Concert Orchestra for All Together Now" so it seems as though he's going to be there. He's brilliant live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

For any David Keenan fans, he wasn't included as an act on any of the announcements but he posted on his Instagram that he "is working on something special with the RTE Concert Orchestra for All Together Now" so it seems as though he's going to be there. He's brilliant live.

I'm glad to hear that. I saw him at EP and Alltogethernow last year and really enjoyed him. I wish he'd tone down the dramatics a bit but he's got some great songs.

I looked at the main acts websites and they are all saying Aug 2nd but I think they do that just so they’ve a date on their website and don’t revel the real date until the festival organisers do.

Yes I think you are right, Sunday night makes more sense if they are in Glasgow Tuesday.

they have 4th August on their tour poster, so pretty much guaranteed for Sunday.

D43VTk2UYAA9Exb.jpg

Says Aug 2 in list of tour dates on their website but I'd say that poster is correct, Sunday makes more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Unreal! Caught some of his set last year after randomly discovering him on Spotify a few weeks before ATN. He's some talented artist!

Question: Do I need to bring much cash with me to this or does everywhere take card?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Question: Do I need to bring much cash with me to this or does everywhere take card?

always a good idea to bring cash to a festival IMO

Out in the middle of a field, don't want to rely on the vendors technology/internet etc

The queues at the ATMs are always insane as well. Lot of wasted time that can be avoided.

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »
    always a good idea to bring cash to a festival IMO

Ah yeah, I will to be safe but I hate using cash when I don't have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Hey, so planning y journey down, i didn’t attend last year so don’t know what to expect. For EP I always leave crack of dawn but the info on the ATN website says gates open at 12... surely the campsite is open earlier, I also remember someone talking about camping on Thursday.... anyone get down early last year were the queues mad etc. I arrived at stradbally before 9am and was shocked at how many people were there! I’ve done EP for so long now, I’m just realising it’s a whole new car park, whole new campsite, no familiarity, no kinara as soon as gates open on Friday after watching the roadhouse doors :D

I like to know exactly what I’m doing otherwise I start getting faffy and floofy

kg703 wrote: »
    Hey, so planning y journey down, i didn’t attend last year so don’t know what to expect. For EP I always leave crack of dawn but the info on the ATN website says gates open at 12... surely the campsite is open earlier, I also remember someone talking about camping on Thursday.... anyone get down early last year were the queues mad etc. I arrived at stradbally before 9am and was shocked at how many people were there! I’ve done EP for so long now, I’m just realising it’s a whole new car park, whole new campsite, no familiarity, no kinara as soon as gates open on Friday after watching the roadhouse doors :D

I like to know exactly what I’m doing otherwise I start getting faffy and floofy

Campervan is open on Thursday,and camping car park is open 10am Friday and campsite at 12

So we can’t get into the campsite til 12? Is there a point in getting down early to park or does it just create a massive queue come gates open?

seemed to move well enough last year as far as I can remember. We arrived at 1/2 though, basically no queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

kg703 wrote: »
    So we can’t get into the campsite til 12? Is there a point in getting down early to park or does it just create a massive queue come gates open?

The queues wont be huge at all. It's nothing like EP in terms of numbers.

Amazing. Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

arrived at 3ish last year, tiniest queue (talking 5 mins max) and not that many people there, opened at the same time as it is this year. Music last year didn't start until late afternoon, so wasn't much point coming down mad early. We don't know yet what time music kicks off yet for this year tho, earlier on in the thread people were suspecting it'll be a bit earlier.

We're leaving a touch earlier this year, aiming to arrive for between 1 -2. It's not a huge festival so queue was it shouldn't ever be really bad, I think.

The point in getting down early for carpark opening is to start with cans early on I would assume? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

arrived at 3ish last year, tiniest queue (talking 5 mins max) and not that many people there, opened at the same time as it is this year. Music last year didn't start until late afternoon, so wasn't much point coming down mad early. We don't know yet what time music kicks off yet for this year tho, earlier on in the thread people were suspecting it'll be a bit earlier.

We're leaving a touch earlier this year, aiming to arrive for between 1 -2. It's not a huge festival so queue was it shouldn't ever be really bad, I think.

The point in getting down early for carpark opening is to start with cans early on I would assume? :p

We were queuing for the guts of 2 hours last year in that heat.

But we arrived with the first fleet of buses from Waterford & they only had 1 mens/womens line each for checks at that stage so there was a huge bottleneck.

• Advertisement

We were queuing for the guts of 2 hours last year in that heat.

But we arrived with the first fleet of buses from Waterford & they only had 1 mens/womens line each for checks at that stage so there was a huge bottleneck.

what time was this?

Advertisement