Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Fair enough, I didn’t actually go last year so I’m just judging from what they have announced.

Between Dungarvan, Metal Man, and the Waterford Whiskey Distillery you could have a whole bar of locally made drink there.

Ardkeen Foods, along with the dozens of excellent restaurants around the city would be only too glad to have a area out there.

The city is brimming with talented bands, DJ’s and hip-hop artists also.

Not trying to nit-pick, because it genuinely is fantastic to have something like this on our doorstep. Just making some suggestions for next year. Hopefully a lot of what was mentioned returns as ye have said and they were just left out of the announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Those God damn teases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Hopefully a lot of what was mentioned returns as ye have said and they were just left out of the announcement.

Dungarvan have confirmed they won't be there anyway and are very disappointed. And they had great feed back last year they said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

MattD wrote: »
    That's fair, I really don't get The Good The Bad and the Queen! Loyle Carner I'm also very meh about... Loads more that I can be excited about!

I feel the same about The Good The Bad and the Queen. Never did it for me. I've tried again recently. No joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I love TGTB&TQ but I can see why people might not be bothered about them. The charm for me is the old fashioned British charm of the narratives (and increasingly heartbroken Albarn as ****e like Brexit and Johnson sweep it away) and the intricate playing of Allen and Simonon. Its a unique concept for a group that probably wouldnt be possible if Albarn didnt have three+ other successful ventures to fall back on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭pah

Had a pint of 5 lamps when I was in Dublin last week.
    Tangy Dishwater. Think I'll work the free flow policy with cans and hit the Jameson or Gin bars later in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Dungarvan won't be there this year.

They were pouring in the food area not the bars so could be same situation this year.

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Dungarvan have confirmed they won't be there anyway and are very disappointed. And they had great feed back last year they said.

Ah sorry , missed that! That's a pity

• Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭sporina

pah wrote: »
    Had a pint of 5 lamps when I was in Dublin last week.
    Tangy Dishwater. Think I'll work the free flow policy with cans and hit the Jameson or Gin bars later in the evening

pardon my ignorance but whats the free flow policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭RINO87

Eod100 wrote: »
    Ah sorry , missed that! That's a pity

That's a shame. 5 lamps is just another non descript lager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭pah

sporina wrote: »

Take your cans into the arena area from the campsite. No searches.

You can bring your own alcohol anywhere, not just the campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Kissyfer

On the craft beer options this is from the website

Fancy getting crafty? We’ll have 5 LAMPS LAGER, RED ALE AND LIGHT on offer - plus craft concoctions from O’SULLIVANS BREWERY and KILLARNEY BREWERY. You can also enjoy BULMER’S IRISH CIDER or their refreshing DARK FRUITS CIDER. We’re also pleased to reveal our very own ATN BREW!

So looks like a few other options after all

pah wrote: »
    Take your cans into the arena area from the campsite. No searches.

i'm not camping - if i leave my cans in the car (might leave car there for the weekend) does the same apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Maybe Orbital after they play the Big Top next Saturday at Galway Arts Festival.

My thoughts too. Would be beyond awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

i'm not camping - if i leave my cans in the car (might leave car there for the weekend) does the same apply?

You have to bring all your booze the first time you enter when you get your wristband.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    You can bring your own alcohol anywhere, not just the campsite.

so do you get your wristband before you park up?
    sorry i wasn't there last year.. i'm not camping.. but will park up - leave car n get taxi or lift to accommodation in kilmacthomas

so if i leave cans in car is that still free flow?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭endainoz

sporina wrote:
    so do you get your wristband before you park up? sorry i wasn't there last year.. i'm not camping.. but will park up - leave car n get taxi or lift to accommodation in kilmacthomas

You park first, then que to get your wrist band.
    sporina wrote:

Yeah but they seem to be strict on whatever you bring in on first entry. So it would only work for you the first time you go in to get your wrist band after you park.

RINO87 wrote: »
    That's a shame. 5 lamps is just another non descript lager.

Im just gonna stock up on craft cans instead and hopefully have enough! Trouble is a lot are in glass bottles

endainoz wrote: »
    You park first, then que to get your wrist band.

Yeah but they seem to be strict on whatever you bring in on first entry. So it would only work for you the first time you go in to get your wrist band after you park.

ok thanks - so i'll be hogging a corner in my mates tent.. mate v disappointed that Dungarvan beer won't be there.. (but maybe they will?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

so do you get your wristband before you park up?
    sorry i wasn't there last year.. i'm not camping.. but will park up - leave car n get taxi or lift to accommodation in kilmacthomas

You can only bring beer etc in on your first entry, when you get the wrist band. Best options for you is to either buy a cheap tent, pitch in general camping and just store your beer OR pay for a locker and store in there. Lockers were in main campsite last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Im just gonna stock up on craft cans instead and hopefully have enough! Trouble is a lot are in glass bottles

https://craftcentral.ie have an excellent craft can selection.

Think it was Killarney I was drinking last year. As always if there is some half decent craft beer be sure it will all be gone by lunch time Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Just to reassure people, there will also be some music over the course of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Just seen on facebook from a locall that there will indeed be a shuttle running to and from Portlaw but it was organised by locals and will have a small charge on it

• Registered Users Posts: 43,915 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Toast wrote: »
    Yep, putting in an order with them shortly.

Their 3 for €12 and 4 for €12 is primarily all cans, and some great selections in there

Just a tip (learned from Glasto) - go for mainly sessionable beers (5% or under roughly) and ease up on the DIPA's, Imperial and / or breakfast stouts and the like. No harm having a few in the bag but they're tougher drank IMO.
    Stillill42 wrote: »
    Just to reassure people, there will also be some music over the course of the weekend.
    WHAT? Will it be cutting into my drinking time? :confused:

Toast wrote: »

Think it was Killarney I was drinking last year. As always if there is some half decent craft beer be sure it will all be gone by lunch time Sunday.

Ah cheers for that! Dunno how I would sort delivery but will probably browse it for ideas. Any company that delivers drink in the evening would make a fair few bob I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,915 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ah cheers for that! Dunno how I would sort delivery but will probably browse it for ideas. Any company that delivers drink in the evening would make a fair few bob I'd say!
    Think it's roughly a fiver.. not too bad!

For the philistines who drink non-craft stuff, anyone seen a good deal on a cider slab? Lowest Ive seen is 30 for orchard thieves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Orbital would be the icing on the cake. Can't wait for this now. Excitement levels ramping up big time

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    Think it's roughly a fiver.. not too bad!

Ah yeah but 9 to 5! I'm just being fussy tbh :P. Would gladly pay that again to avoid having to take time off work to wait for them

Advertisement