Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

SOC is (was really) a brilliant talent, but watching her perform these days is not a pleasant experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I don't think it will be her anyways so tis all good! I've never seen her live but obviously in her day was one of best Irish artists around. Haven't listened to her new stuff to know what it's like tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pl1234

Got a letter from Ticketmaster saying there was an issue with the bar code on my tickets and more tickets in the envelope? Anyone have the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

greenspurs wrote: »
    if a D4 disc jockey attracts you more than the best female singer Ireland has produced !!?

I guess this is a matter of opinion, who is everyone's best Irish female singer?

I think Dolores could hold a note well. Enya too but her style is a bit more laid back and not as demanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 anon19008

greenspurs wrote: »
    if a D4 disc jockey attracts you more than the best female singer Ireland has produced !!?

I lol'd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,452 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

anon19008 wrote: »
    I lol'd

Do people still "LOL" ?? :D:p

:D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Pl1234 wrote: »
    Got a letter from Ticketmaster saying there was an issue with the bar code on my tickets and more tickets in the envelope? Anyone have the same?

Hmmm a little bit worrying for people buying tickets 2nd hand if the original owner may get more in the post

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pl1234

I know, its very strange. Haven't heard of anyone else I know having the same issue though. Like the ticket is the exact same and it says to bring the letter with the tickets for entry or you may be refused?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Has everyone received their tickets?

I don't think we have but seems they are released in batches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

I'd be very surprised if the Special Guest wasn't an Irish act. I think festivals like to use the "Special Guest" billing to announce a crowd pleasing Irish act on the radio (used previously for Villagers at ATN, Gavin James, Coronas, Walking on Cars at Indiependence).

The David Keenan thing could be the special guest, maybe someone like Glen Hansard or Bell X1, I doubt it's an international act, or anything too niche/indie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭RINO87

I guess this is a matter of opinion, who is everyone's best Irish female singer?

I think Dolores could hold a note well. Enya too but her style is a bit more laid back and not as demanding.

Enya at a festival. A man can dream!!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Can you buy ice onsite to top up your cooler? Realistically? Or do the run out by Saturday morning like EP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

RINO87 wrote: »
    Enya at a festival. A man can dream!!

Would be lovely,

Some really out of the way small stage with a suprise show so no large crowd.

Be great

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Can you buy ice onsite to top up your cooler? Realistically? Or do the run out by Saturday morning like EP

Had it all weekend last year IIRC

And last year was incredibly sunny.

D.Q wrote: »
    Had it all weekend last year IIRC

And last year was incredibly sunny.

the prices for ice went on the rise in line with the temperature... 7 quid for a bag of ice on Sunday, bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Norwegians have had a punt.

https://imgur.com/a/P5F2OB2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Wooderson wrote: »

tell them to go back and try again

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

RINO87 wrote: »
    the prices for ice went on the rise in line with the temperature... 7 quid for a bag of ice on Sunday, bad form.

They'd run out but the shop was restocked at least once a day, maybe more. Worth asking when they're expecting a restock if they're out so you can go back.

Wasnt aware prices were increasing.
    Love the idea of buying cold mixers for my spirits and keep them in my insulated stainless steel bottle. Who says you cant have a cold drink at a festival unless buying from the bars?!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Wooderson wrote: »

That's way way way too early to be looking . Don't start taking it serious until at least Monday / Tuesday.

Anyways, everyone get the child of Prague out just to be on the safe side

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Sinead for me anyway. Hot Press saying her only Irish gig this year will be Feile, shame as they also say:

"Sinead O'Connor will be performing her own songs, and some select hits from the Songbook of Shane MacGowan in Thurles this September."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Sinead for me anyway. Hot Press saying her only Irish gig this year will be Feile, shame as they also say:

"Sinead O'Connor will be performing her own songs, and some select hits from the Songbook of Shane MacGowan in Thurles this September."

me too - would love to see her. Might do Feile just to catch her.. don't know how I've never caught her live.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Whoever mentioned Sinead O'Connor, she can feck off, I spent a Sunday afternoon at the Picnic trying to escape her wailing from the main stage, was in Body&Soul with my mate and was like... Christ I can still hear her, eventually I went into the bass beats of the Bacardi Bar, Kelly-Anne Byrne saved the day.

Ha ha harsh!! I hope she gets a weekend residency on her own stage...4 shows a day :P

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Orbitals big top gig in Galway is billed as their only Irish performance this summer. Won’t be them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭sporina

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    me too - would love to see her. Might do Feile just to catch her.. don't know how I've never caught her live.

saw her in the Opera House in Cork a few years ago and she was class..

although I heard that she can be hit or miss

.....only irish performance announced!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

I too was at that EP where Sinead O'Connor performed. It wasn't great very shouty. Now this could easily have been an off day and I imagine the Opera House would be a much better venue to see her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

I too was at that EP where Sinead O'Connor performed. It wasn't great very shouty. Now this could easily have been an off day and I imagine the Opera House would be a much better venue to see her.

I feel like I saw this was it 2011?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 grape86

Can you bring in bottles of say 2 litre minerals or do all your mixers have to be decanted too?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

showpony1 wrote: »
    I feel like I saw this was it 2011?

Yeah it was 2011 I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

grape86 wrote: »
    Can you bring in bottles of say 2 litre minerals or do all your mixers have to be decanted too?

Yeah don't think its a problem

Advertisement