Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

llatsni wrote: »
    I'd bet money the stage times *are* still being nailed down. There's a bananas amount of factors that go into determining it.

I'm dying to know myself, but it makes no difference how far in advance as I'm going anyway and there'll be clashes regardless.

Every other festival I've been to abroad has stage times a week in advance, if not more. Why is it so difficult for Irish festivals?

Anyway, as someone said, it'll be an amazing weekend regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Anyway this time next week I will be in a queue after a car park beer with my old lady Flamingo trolley full of cans so there's that to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭endainoz

Every other festival I've been to abroad has stage times a week in advance, if not more. Why is it so difficult for Irish festivals?

Just a week? So your gripe is over three days here? Ah come on now, there other things to worry about than that. Its just something people will get over as they do every year once the stages are out.

Of course it would be nice to get it a bit sooner but it's not going to impact my weekend in any way really. I doubt I'll be planning who I'm gonna see any earlier than I normally do. The routine is pretty much the same for me, pick out 4 or 5 acts that I definitely want to see and go with the flow after that.

And to end on a more positive note, although met eireanns forecast only goes to Thursday, the week ahead looks fairly settled. Hopefully it'll stay that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Not concerned about stage times/clashes here at all just want to have fun, meet some loveable *weirdos, hear some live music, half a laugh with my queen and get just a teeny bit fucked up, just hoping the shelf can hold all the necessities.

Fontaines DC will be nice to see if I get to them, I really like their sound.

*They're the normal ones actually*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Who's doing the cheapest slabs of Heineken?
    I've seen O'Briens doing them for €28 so might jump on that this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Who's doing the cheapest slabs of Heineken?
    I've seen O'Briens doing them for €28 so might jump on that this weekend.
    Tesco 24 for €25
    Supervalu 12 for €12

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057168220&page=206

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭darzog

endainoz wrote: »
    Just a week? So your gripe is over three days here? Ah come on now, there other things to worry about than that. Its just something people will get over as they do every year once the stages are out.

Of course it would be nice to get it a bit sooner but it's not going to impact my weekend in any way really. I doubt I'll be planning who I'm gonna see any earlier than I normally do. The routine is pretty much the same for me, pick out 4 or 5 acts that I definitely want to see and go with the flow after that.

Off topic of ATN in the strictest sense, but important to remember in light of various schools of thought on release of stage times.

Most people fall into two broad camps. Those that crave and seek out certainty and those that are happy to go with the flow. Within each there is a spectrum of tolerance to certainty, uncertainty, change and stasis. I fall into the former camp...I like to have everything worked out as far in advance as possible to ease the burden on my little worrywort soul. Not because I'm odd (hmmmmm...) but because that's the way my brain is wired.

Nobody is exclusively right, and no-one is exclusively wrong. Just different-er-er.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Tesco is €25 slabs for Heineken/Bud and €20 for Carslberg/Molson/Carling slabs

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Details on the NOW by RTE stage, don't think this was previously announced.

https://about.rte.ie/2019/07/26/rte-at-all-together-now-festival/

https://twitter.com/rte/status/1154713025955422208

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

MattD wrote: »
    Tesco is €25 slabs for Heineken/Bud and €20 for Carslberg/Molson/Carling slabs

Local Centra also doing 2x12 heineken/bud/carlsberg/bulmers/Guinness... might be different in other centras tho..:confused:

Is there easy enough places within the campsites to fill water bottles? or are they in the music areas only...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Doop wrote: »
    Local Centra also doing 2x12 heineken/bud/carlsberg/bulmers/Guinness... might be different in other centras tho..:confused:

Is there easy enough places within the campsites to fill water bottles? or are they in the music areas only...?

There are big sinks beside all of the toilet blocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

"Plus RTÉ Concert Orchestra with guests (Glen Hansard, Saint Sister, Phelim Drew and more) play the music of Leonard Cohen"....

I think we probably have a special guest... Glen Hansard!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

eplady2017 wrote: »
    "Plus RTÉ Concert Orchestra with guests (Glen Hansard, Saint Sister, Phelim Drew and more) play the music of Leonard Cohen"....

And didn't someone say David Keenan is going to be playing with RTE Orchestra too. Could be s feei of them so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

eplady2017 wrote: »

Is Glen special?

Is Glen special?

Absolutely!

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

wow those moaning for timetables should seriously get a grip..

why do you NEED to know right now who is playing in a week's time??

I understand there are super organised people in this world, god knows I'm not one, is it really that big a deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

So Glen Hansard's going to be there as well it seems. I'm a big Leonard Cohen fan so performances of his work with Hansard, Saint Sister, David Keenan etc. sounds fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    wow those moaning for timetables should seriously get a grip..

why do you NEED to know right now who is playing in a week's time??

I understand there are super organised people in this world, god knows I'm not one, is it really that big a deal?

It's not. People said it would be nice to have and moved on. Think we have more people moaning now about other people moaning.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Is Glen special?

Where's your Oscar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Thank you for them words.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Dafuq

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Gang, it's just easier for me to do this as opposed to answering individual posts, so apologies as such, it's time management.

I work with a lot of retired and have a few friends who are active law enforcement. ....

TLDR: Spam

Who let the Russian troll into the thread lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

maximoose wrote: »
    Dafuq

It alright, no cause for alarm, just a stray bot that's wandered into the ATN thread, has been happening in boards quite a bit over the last few days.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I have a similar speech prepared after a few smiley faces next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Why did I read so much of that....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Actually just noticed, Colm MacConIomaire is there too. Glen and Colm, methinks the special guests are The Frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Does the fact that the special guest is billed under Arcadia not strongly suggest that it will be an electronic act? I can't imagine otherwise, unless Glen Hansard is playing with The Flames

I'll get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Does the fact that the special guest is billed under Arcadia not strongly suggest that it will be an electronic act? I can't imagine otherwise, unless Glen Hansard is playing with The Flames

I'll get my coat

Special guest was on the arcadia bill last year I believe and ended up being fish go deep who were already playing in one of the tents the same night!

• Advertisement

Actually just noticed, Colm MacConIomaire is there too. Glen and Colm, methinks the special guests are The Frames.

I'd absolutely love that, if true I would officially lose my sh1t. Last time I saw them was at EP 2010, basically the setlist album with a few newer ones thrown in. It was perfect, would love to see it again.

Advertisement