Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

dodo87 wrote: »
    Special guest was on the arcadia bill last year I believe and ended up being fish go deep who were already playing in one of the tents the same night!

Orbital on Arcadia.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

Actually just noticed, Colm MacConIomaire is there too. Glen and Colm, methinks the special guests are The Frames.
    Well spotted, that would be a serious special guest announcement. I'm sure they would have preferred if RTE kept quiet until Monday though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭pah

What cross contamination is allowed between campervan and general camping? Have some friends in campervan site while we're slumming it in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

D.Q wrote: »
    Orbital on Arcadia.

They've DJd for Arcadia at Glastonbury in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Coz

Who gives a fook about late stage time announcements... it'll take literally 10 minutes to figure out who's clashing with who once they're announced.

All i know is everyones gonna have a savage weekend regardless.

Yes but some of us nerds want to start working away on setting up Clashfinder for you all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Sideview

That's a seriously impressive line-up for the RTE Stage.
    If it was an event in itself I'd probably go.

I'll be spending plenty of time at this stage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Maxi jazz is doing a DJ set at Indiependence in Cork on the Sunday, I wonder would he pop over to us one of the other nights

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

You dont get many non-irish acts playing competing festivals on the same weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

Are we allowed talk weather yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

llatsni wrote: »
    Are we allowed talk weather yet?

It might be drizzly:
    https://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Munster/Portlaw/long.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭endainoz

It might be drizzly:

Completely contradicts the met eireann forecast for the week. I think yr have gotten very negative in recent times. I'd be more inclined to believe the Irish forecaster really. They have been pretty accurate for me anyways, and as a farmer there are certain times of year when I'm glued to these weather apps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

endainoz wrote: »
    Completely contradicts the met eireann forecast for the week. I think yr have gotten very negative in recent times. I'd be more inclined to believe the Irish forecaster really. They have been pretty accurate for me anyways, and as a farmer there are certain times of year when I'm glued to these weather apps!

Met.ie also has rain coming in on Friday morning:
    https://www.met.ie/forecasts/atlantic-charts/precipitation-pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Coz

WindGuru has it bone dry

https://www.windguru.cz/856102

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Weather wise I think it's fair to say that there is no repeat of last year and no mini heatwave, but it's also been a very mild and dry July so the ground should be in good condition. If theres a few light showers over the weekend so be it once there are no heavy falls. The rain mac will be packed as always. Not overly concerned yet as 7 day models are not very accurate. Monday should give us a better idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Someone asked on ATN facebook what time the arena opens each day and they said Friday 5pm 9am Sat and Sun.

So I'd imagine tunes will start around the same time as last year so for me theres no real point leaving Galway at the crack of dawn.

Thought ye might like to know as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hope80

Someone asked on ATN facebook what time the arena opens each day and they said Friday 5pm 9am Sat and Sun.

So I'd imagine tunes will start around the same time as last year so for me theres no real point leaving Galway at the crack of dawn.

Thought ye might like to know as well :)

It says on the website that the Greencrafts Area is open from 2pm on the Friday so I thought the arena would be opening earlier?

"Located near the Shell House and band-stand in a beautiful tree-lined area. Look out for the entrance arch. We’re open Friday at 2pm, then Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 7pm"

hope80 wrote: »
    It says on the website that the Greencrafts Area is open from 2pm on the Friday so I thought the arena would be opening earlier?

"Located near the Shell House and band-stand in a beautiful tree-lined area. Look out for the entrance arch. We’re open Friday at 2pm, then Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 7pm"

That's... conflicting. Was just repeating what the official ATN page replied so I guess we still can't be sure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭pah

Didn't go last year, planning on arriving from Cork around lunch time, get set up, a can or 2 and wander around to get our bearings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

That's... conflicting. Was just repeating what the official ATN page replied so I guess we still can't be sure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I reckon 5pm is the regular person time for the Arena opening. Greencrafts is probably open to staff and workers etc earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

5pm last year, just thought with the increased number of acts that they'd throw the doors open a bit earlier this time round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭endainoz

Met.ie also has rain coming in on Friday morning:

Coz wrote:
    WindGuru has it bone dry

Proves the point, way too early to make a decent prediction

Toast wrote: »
    I reckon 5pm is the regular person time for the Arena opening. Greencrafts is probably open to staff and workers etc earlier.

Regular person time lol. I'm inclined to believe the 5pm as well, but hope80 is right. The website defo reads greencrafts area open from 2pm for people wanting to get crafty

Stillill42 wrote: »
    5pm last year, just thought with the increased number of acts that they'd throw the doors open a bit earlier this time round.

I thought so as well. Imagine arriving on Thursday 6pm with your campervan and the arena not opening for another 23hrs. That's a lot of cans

Edit: I'm sherlocking

Lawns of tranquility first "workshop" is an opening ceremony at 5pm on friday ...

You can book a seaweed bath for 4pm on Friday in the spa area

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

I thought so as well. Imagine arriving on Thursday 6pm with your campervan and the arena not opening for another 23hrs. That's a lot of cans

Edit: I'm sherlocking

Lawns of tranquility first "workshop" is an opening ceremony at 5pm on friday ...

You can book a seaweed bath for 4pm on Friday in the spa area

Good work Sherlock!
    I considered the campervan thursday entrance , but then thought what the hell would we do for nearly a full day!

jmauel wrote: »
    Good work Sherlock!
    I considered the campervan thursday entrance , but then thought what the hell would we do for nearly a full day!

Cans... but you'd burn through that 24 can allowance real quick ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

ATN have officially announced Glen Hansard and David Keenan as part of the RTÉ/Cohen slot. So either RTÉ stole their thunder and they thought no point delaying the announcement or else it turns out Hansard & Keenan were not the very special guests referred to earlier. Hoping it’s the latter and we get a few nice surprises early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Yeah like no offence to Hansard he's very talented guy - but he's always around, only seen him couple of weeks ago in Whelans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

The Frames, on the other hand.....that would make my weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Stillill42 wrote: »
    The Frames, on the other hand.....that would make my weekend.

I heartily endorse this event or product!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭sporina

error

Advertisement