Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why bother even offering customer service?

Options
  • 28-08-2018 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

This week I have spent the guts of 5 hours on hold trying to get through to Eir customer care, interspersed with the wonderful world of Indian chat room helpers who refused to talk with me because they demanded the correct spelling of one word of a neighboring townland that was mistakenly on my address for some reason. The only option I was given from India was to drive to my local Eir store for help.
    Is there no one working in customer care in Eir? How can it possibly take 40 mins on hold to get to speak to someone and some days it's not even possible as the call center is not working, and the chat room is not working Oh and also the email service is not working either.
    All this during a fibre roll out push? 
    I actually signed up for that, 
    Two non shows for the fibre installation technician waiting at home both days all day for nothing, not able to get through to anyone to ask what was going on. 
    I was with DIGIWEB who actually warned me about the level of service but I thought they were just trying to keep me...but three weeks later and multiple attempts to contact anyone in Eir has proven them correct.
    The customer care is non existent, there must be a skeleton crew working this operation and the lads and ladies in India  are nice i'm sure but completely useless in solving any problems.
    In the end I gave up and cancelled the order and rang digiweb and got through straight away and went back with them. Absolute nightmare of an experience. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Philippe14

I'm with you on that. I "had" to sign up with eir to have fibre as no other provider would do so. It has been 3 months of pain so far and it is still not the end of it. Though I didn't get as much trouble to get hold of someone, they were not really helpful and do no follow up most of the time, never in time when they do, and never getting to the end of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

This week I have spent the guts of 5 hours on hold trying to get through to Eir customer care, interspersed with the wonderful world of Indian chat room helpers who refused to talk with me because they demanded the correct spelling of one word of a neighboring townland that was mistakenly on my address for some reason. The only option I was given from India was to drive to my local Eir store for help.
    Is there no one working in customer care in Eir? How can it possibly take 40 mins on hold to get to speak to someone and some days it's not even possible as the call center is not working, and the chat room is not working Oh and also the email service is not working either.
    All this during a fibre roll out push? 
    I actually signed up for that, 
    Two non shows for the fibre installation technician waiting at home both days all day for nothing, not able to get through to anyone to ask what was going on. 
    I was with DIGIWEB who actually warned me about the level of service but I thought they were just trying to keep me...but three weeks later and multiple attempts to contact anyone in Eir has proven them correct.
    The customer care is non existent, there must be a skeleton crew working this operation and the lads and ladies in India  are nice i'm sure but completely useless in solving any problems.
    In the end I gave up and cancelled the order and rang digiweb and got through straight away and went back with them. Absolute nightmare of an experience. 
    Hi tonybodhran, 

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with us and that you have now cancelled your service with us, this is not the level of service we like to provide to our customers. I'll be sure to pass this feedback on to the relevant team. 

If you have any further issues or queries please don't hesitate in coming back to us here and we will help you. 

Apologies for all the inconvenience caused,  I understand this is very frustrating. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭tonybodhran

Latest update, after being told my order was 100% cancelled last Wednesday I discovered that Eir had not done so and were refusing to allow my original provider to go ahead with their own fibre install on my line. Called customer service who said that my order could not be cancelled until it was installed and active who then put me through to cancellations who told me my order as cancelled but it would take 4 working days and that my provider could not have the UAN as it was now deactivated , I had been told on Wednesday it would be 24 hours and that the UAN would not be held by Eir. Asked to speak to a manager and was refused, I asked for written confirmation of the cancellation of my order and was refused, and told to wait until the order was cancelled and tell my provider to set me up as a new customer, even though I an actually still with them.
    I'm going to comreg now after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

It sounds like a month phyton skit.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭cailineile

Latest update, after being told my order was 100% cancelled last Wednesday I discovered that Eir had not done so and were refusing to allow my original provider to go ahead with their own fibre install on my line. Called customer service who said that my order could not be cancelled until it was installed and active who then put me through to cancellations who told me my order as cancelled but it would take 4 working days and that my provider could not have the UAN as it was now deactivated , I had been told on Wednesday it would be 24 hours and that the UAN would not be held by Eir. Asked to speak to a manager and was refused, I asked for written confirmation of the cancellation of my order and was refused, and told to wait until the order was cancelled and tell my provider to set me up as a new customer, even though I an actually still with them.
    I'm going to comreg now after this.
    Hi there, I feel your pain, We signed up with them 2 weeks ago and will be cancelling this morning, not only did they cancel original account they set up a new one when we specifically asked them not to. took 4 phone calls to place order and  will probably take another 10 to cancel. honestly the worst customer service available in Ireland at the present day 03 Sep 2018. dreadful, but we have no other option living in rural Ireland

• Advertisement
Advertisement