Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Re store shops

• 28-08-2018 9:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

What is the deal with these shops? They all seem to be pokey over priced kips. Thrown together at the latest minute at minimal cost by the look of it

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'm not a yank so I don't use the word "store", though more and more Irish people seem to. Store shops confuse me.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Autochange wrote: »
    What is the deal with these shops? They all seem to be pokey over priced kips. Thrown together at the latest minute at minimal cost by the look of it

Could say the same about any other forecourt branded store. Petrol and diesel probably only make up a small part of their sales, alot of the rest is impulse/convience buys of all the other stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Wibbs wrote: »
    I'm not a yank so I don't use the word "store", though more and more Irish people seem to. Store shops confuse me.

You need to walk down the sidewalk into the mall Wibbs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Could say the same about any other forecourt branded store. Petrol and diesel probably only make up a small part of their sales, alot of the rest is impulse/convience buys of all the other stuff.

Iv been in many other branded shops. Nothing is as crappy and overpriced as re store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

You are so cool and respected on Boards. but that post just feels like a let down. Sorry.:D Its a very simple thread about crappy forecourt (you must know that one) offerings based on the brand at certain forecourts. ( a feckin petrol station)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Eh... nor were the Dunnes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 Carsanal

They have an awful layout or feel to them, used one and favour my centra or topaz etc etc

Carsanal wrote: »
    They have an awful layout or feel to them, used one and favour my centra or topaz etc etc

Feel like an empty building with the bare minimum thrown in. I try and avoid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 Carsanal

Feel like an empty building with the bare minimum thrown in. I try and avoid

Exactly! Like a place about to close from the second they opened!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Are Re stores not circle Ks now both of which formerly being Topaz :confused:

I can't keep track no more.

• Advertisement

Roches Stores? Remember them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Grandeeod wrote: »
    You are so cool and respected on Boards. but that post just feels like a let down. Sorry.:D Its a very simple thread about crappy forecourt (you must know that one) offerings based on the brand at certain forecourts. ( a feckin petrol station)
    I never even heard of them until this thread. Are they actually called Re Store? I've never seen a Circle K although I've seen ads for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,090 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Roches Stores? Remember them?

I Dunn...o about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

Are Re stores not circle Ks now both of which formerly being Topaz :confused:

I can't keep track no more.

Yep that's absolutely correct, just a rebrand .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Store bought is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭pat ticket

My main interaction with this crowd is during long Motorway drives. I'll pay whatever for a coffee, wrap and a bottle of water. They have what I need :thumbs up:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Robbing bastards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I never even heard of them until this thread. Are they actually called Re Store? I've never seen a Circle K although I've seen ads for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I gotta go to the store to put my groceries in the garbage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

"Re store" is the name

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

You need to walk down the sidewalk into the mall Wibbs

Then park in the driveway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Re Store have the same layout and model as Centra, Londis, Spar and every other filling station or 24/7 shop - You come in for the fuel, and they make their money through you picking up extra items like chocolate.

It's basic retail psychology, I actually love Re Stores because they're always open and have great Bewleys Coffee as opposed to that Frank & Honest tripe.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I gotta go to the store to put my groceries in the garbage
    *adenoidal twang from Dublin 4* but your Moooom tells you to put them in the trunk of your car.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Iodine1

Both Re Store and Frank and Honest coffee is too dear. All centras etc added 50c to the price when they took on F&H so now i avoid if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Corb_lund

pat ticket wrote: »
    My main interaction with this crowd is during long Motorway drives. I'll pay whatever for a coffee, wrap and a bottle of water. They have what I need :thumbs up:

What long journeys are there in Ireland? Cork to Dublin is only a few hours.

Do you need coffee wrap and water for that?

Weird

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Corb_lund

pat ticket wrote: »

Weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Iodine1 wrote: »
    Both Re Store and Frank and Honest coffee is too dear. All centras etc added 50c to the price when they took on F&H so now i avoid if possible.
    I've a Centra and SuperValu near me and both charge the same for F&H.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Come on now wibbs... If someone asked you where the John was you'd be sarcastic for saying John who. Why should this be any different ;)

Iodine1 wrote: »

Did you know that Frank and honest, Centra and SuperValu are all owned by Musgraves?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

The coffee is horrible piss therefore I avoid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Corb_lund wrote: »

Weird

Donegal to Cork, via Belfast and Dublin.

McGaggs wrote: »

Sounds like misery

Sounds like misery

Better than going down the west coast...

Better than going down the west coast...

Slow and windy roads. Takes an age to get anywhere. Tractors and auld ones holding you up constantly. I know it well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

Don't think I've used a forecourt for diesel or petrol in a long time. I just take the cars the the nearest self service place and charge the hybrid. I know [redacted] has a large stake in Topaz or whatever it's called these days so I avoid it like the plague.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Slow and windy roads. Takes an age to get anywhere. Tractors and auld ones holding you up constantly. I know it well

home. sweet home!

At least the A6 dualling is well under way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

circadian wrote: »
    Don't think I've used a forecourt for diesel or petrol in a long time. I just take the cars the the nearest self service place and charge the hybrid. I know [redacted] has a large stake in Topaz or whatever it's called these days so I avoid it like the plague.

[redacted] sold Topaz

circadian wrote: »
    At least the A6 dualling is well under way.

I'll believe it when I see it. I can't see those protestant cows being displaced by Free Stater cars.

I'll believe it when I see it. I can't see those protestant cows being displaced by Free Stater cars.

It's being built down at Rooms and Castledawson at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

whats with the cheap plasticky chequer plate floors in them too? the deli is overpriced for what you get and the flies crawling over the food in it in one nearby to me puts me off. I did complain to the food safety authority over it. its disgusting.

The lads in work won't touch the one near there, they say several of them have come out with food poisoning after eating rolls out of it.

Advertisement