Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for Health Insurance

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Autochange wrote: »
    Is vhi PMI 36 13 a good policy for an individual?

That looks pretty good to me. Low excess with good cover for private hospitals and outpatient stuff. I’m on PMI 43 16 which is very similar just with s higher inpatient excess bit lower outpatient excess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Have been researching various plans and am going round in circles now. Family of 4, 2 kids under 2 and both 30. Wife has been on a teacher plan with vhi for the past 5 years, I've never had health insurance so looking to jump in on some sort of family plan.

Has anyone come across a good family plan cover?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I've been on Laya Simply Connect Plus plan for a number of years (2 adults and 2 children <18). Great plan for everyday stuff and good hospital cover. For me I dont htink there's anything better out there at present. Costs me about 265 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Sorry to bring up an old thread but looking for some help.

I'm a fit and healthy 31 year old male, looking to get health insurance. I've had it before through work so no issue with the 35 year old cut off but conscious I'm knocking on a bit...

Not too concerned with day to day stuff as I'd rarely be at the GP (touch wood) but would like some peace of mind should something more serious develop.

I was looking at Laya Assue Vitality but it's been mentioned that this is quite basic.

Can anyone recommend a decent plan for this scenario?

Thanks in advance

Sorry to bring up an old thread but looking for some help.

I'm a fit and healthy 31 year old male, looking to get health insurance. I've had it before through work so no issue with the 35 year old cut off but conscious I'm knocking on a bit...

Not too concerned with day to day stuff as I'd rarely be at the GP (touch wood) but would like some peace of mind should something more serious develop.

I was looking at Laya Assue Vitality but it's been mentioned that this is quite basic.

Can anyone recommend a decent plan for this scenario?

Thanks in advance
    What’s your max budget?
    Do you want any cover for hospitals?

• Advertisement

As cheap as possible :) (as I'm in two minds about whether I need it at all!)

I'd only really want hospital cover for when something went wrong i.e. I need an operation and didn't want to have to wait around...would I need private hospital cover for this?

I wouldn’t bother with that Laya Plan. Cheapest is not always best when it comes to insurance
    I’ve put in a search on this website for a max budget if €1000 and a hospital excess of €100, meaning if you were admitted to a private hospital you would have to pay €100 yourself. You can play around with these
    https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/#/plan-listing?plansAndProfiles=W3siaWQiOjEsImFnZSI6MjYsIm1pbk1heFByaWNlIjpbMCwxMDAwXSwibWluTWF4RXhjZXNzIjpbMCwxMDBdLCJwbGFuVHlwZSI6MSwicGxhbnNTZWxlY3RlZCI6WzEyNzIsMTM2M10sInBsYW5zIjp7ImRhdGEiOltdLCJsb2FkaW5nIjp0cnVlfSwicGxhbnNTZWxlY3RlZERhdGEiOltdLCJhcHBsaWNhdGlvbiI6eyJwbGFuX2RldGFpbF9pZCI6LTF9fV0%3D

Gael23 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t bother with that Laya Plan. Cheapest is not always best when it comes to insurance
    I’ve put in a search on this website for a max budget if €1000 and a hospital excess of €100, meaning if you were admitted to a private hospital you would have to pay €100 yourself. You can play around with these
    https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/#/plan-listing?plansAndProfiles=W3siaWQiOjEsImFnZSI6MjYsIm1pbk1heFByaWNlIjpbMCwxMDAwXSwibWluTWF4RXhjZXNzIjpbMCwxMDBdLCJwbGFuVHlwZSI6MSwicGxhbnNTZWxlY3RlZCI6WzEyNzIsMTM2M10sInBsYW5zIjp7ImRhdGEiOltdLCJsb2FkaW5nIjp0cnVlfSwicGxhbnNTZWxlY3RlZERhdGEiOltdLCJhcHBsaWNhdGlvbiI6eyJwbGFuX2RldGFpbF9pZCI6LTF9fV0%3D

Much appreciated, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Another person looking for help with quote.

Couple age 26 + 30. No underlining medical conditions. Looking for basic level of cover. Budget <€200/month for both of us.

Currently thinking of going with VHI Smart Plan 250.

All suggestions greatly appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

And another confused punter! I currently have this: Parents and Kids Excess Plan (2 adults, 2 kids) €1,550 per adult, €248 per child. Is there much of a difference between that and e.g. Laya Signify Plus? Currently (and long may it continue!), we have no special medical requirements. I don't mind paying paying a fairly decent excess on claims and not too fussed about private rooms, just access to care if required in either public or private hosp.

If you change from one company to another, is there a waiting period before cover commences?

• Advertisement
Advertisement