Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extension help!

Options
  • 28-08-2018 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi all can anyone offer advice on building an extension to the rear of a property approximately 20metre squared. I don’t want to know the back wall or anything, the opening into the extension will be where my current patio doors are so essentially just want to add the three walls (2 side and 1 back) and roof. Very basic. Can anyone offer ideas of a price range? Also would it better to get a construction company in for a project so small or use my own contacts? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭scwazrh

€30 to €35k inc vat

Better to use a company on a fixed price for a simple extension like you outline .

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Cazzums

scwazrh wrote: »
    €30 to €35k inc vat

Better to use a company on a fixed price for a simple extension like you outline .

Oh really that sounds very expensive for such a small extension. Can you advise what the expenses would be? Thanks for the info!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Cazzums wrote: »
    Oh really that sounds very expensive for such a small extension. Can you advise what the expenses would be? Thanks for the info!

Current new build costs are anything from €1500-€2000 per square meter here in Dublin. It can go up or down depending on finish.

It’s a ball park price to give you an idea, same as the above poster. Your not going to get an exact price on boards.

You need some drawings, spec and get 3 quotes from competent builders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

Min €1500/ sq m. So €30-35k for a basic 20 sq m.

Advertisement