Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Widespread online "my eir" connection issues?

Options
  • 29-08-2018 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I have had problem accessing my online account for month. I only, finally, gained access about 3 weeks ago after a 2 months battle, and seem to have lost it again when they finally restored my original phone number. I called eir customer service and they told me that the problem accessing online account was widespread. One week later, I still can't access my account. 

Yet, I have seen no notice anywhere about that. Is there really a general problem accessing online accounts, or did they lie to me? If the problem is big enough, why don't they have a notice on the login page?

I would like an answer before I call them again, so they don't go through that again if it is not true.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Philippe14 wrote: »
    I have had problem accessing my online account for month. I only, finally, gained access about 3 weeks ago after a 2 months battle, and seem to have lost it again when they finally restored my original phone number. I called eir customer service and they told me that the problem accessing online account was widespread. One week later, I still can't access my account. 

Yet, I have seen no notice anywhere about that. Is there really a general problem accessing online accounts, or did they lie to me? If the problem is big enough, why don't they have a notice on the login page?

I would like an answer before I call them again, so they don't go through that again if it is not true.
    Hi Philippe14, 

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with my eir, we are aware of an issue with the service. There is a post on our website in relation to this, you can view this here

Let me know how this goes. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Philippe14

Hi Philippe14, 

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with my eir, we are aware of an issue with the service. There is a post on our website in relation to this, you can view this here

Let me know how this goes. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    I have already tried the "solution" of resetting the password. Unfortunately, when I enter the new password, I get:
    An error occurred...
    Unfortunately we couldn't reset your password. Please try again

The problem have been going on for at least a week before that notice. That is quite a long time to inform customers. I had already checked the support page before and seen nothing. Why keep repeating the same steps.

So yes, there is a post on your website, but not exactly on the most relevant page, the login page.  If that affects a significant amount of customers (even if it is a minority), a notice there would make sense.

I have heard a lot of sorrys from eir, but not seen that many actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Having the same issues, keep getting told to retry in 24 hours. How are customers supposed to keep an eye on data usage when you cant log into My Eir to monitor it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I am new to eir, was able to login previously but I am now getting the same issue. Reset my password, etc.
    I'm trying the online chat but there seems to be a long waiting time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭onform

I rang eir yesterday for issues with my eir. Just tried this evening to login, said I wasn't registered. So I registered again and seems to be working OK, can access Eir Sport through the android app also. Not sure if they've made a general fix, or just sorted my account...

Looks like it's just you as I still can't connect or reset my password.

If I ask how will I be informed that the problem is resolved, I always get the same answer: "We know the problem and are working on it". Great, but that's not what I'm asking. So they will probably solve it at some stage. Fair enough, they don't know how long it's going to take, though it is ridiculous a problem affecting many on a problem as basic as accessing accounts takes that much time to find out. But they should at least have a proper way of informing customers. Something in plain view.

At the moment, we are left with 2 options to know when the problem is solved:
    1. Open the login page.
    2. Click "Support".
    3. Click "Get in touch".
    4. Click "Need some Help".
    5. Click "Support" or "Help Centre".
    Hardly a straight forward way to inform the customers, especially for a problem that affects many. And that is if they decide to add there the information that the problem is corrected. The problem being at the login page, it would be the least in that page to inform that some customers may experience problems, with a link to more details. And an updated message when the problem is resolved.

The second option is kind of worse as to the amount of work for the customers:
    1. Open the login page and enter my email.
    2. Try to enter my password and be refused.
    3. Click the "Forgot my password" and then connect to my email.
    4. Open the email and click the link.
    5. Be told that there is an error.
    6. Try again the next day.
    What a great option to give to customers.

I almost feel like by giving all this information, I am doing their job.

The support from eir is shocking. Web chat, forget about it. Nobody available.
    Facebook, stock answer, go to the website, re-register or change password. Come back with another question and they disappear.

I've only switched back to eir and am seriously thinking about invoking the 14 day cooling off period.

Any news about how (or if) we will be informed when the problem is resolved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

I too am having the same issue, as a new customer.

Following the advise on the link above:
    Re-register - can't because it says I'm already registered.
    Forgot password - An error occurred... Unfortunately we couldn't reset your password. Please try again

Please advise! All I want to do is to enable the free Eir Sport

• Advertisement

Issue supposedly resolved but still unable to sign in, reregister or reset password

https://www.eir.ie/support/latest-updates/my-eir-access-and-registration/

Well... I don't know. The notice doesn't actually say that it is fixed, and I think it is exactly the same text as it was. So I wouldn't think they have fixed the problem.

Unfortunately, when I tried to connect, it said my account is "temporarily" locked. That's unfortunate. I prefer when it is "permanently" locked, because then it sends me an email to unlock it. When "temporarily" locked, I don't know how long that takes to be available again. So I can't verify if the "reset password" solution now works.

Well... I don't know. The notice doesn't actually say that it is fixed, and I think it is exactly the same text as it was. So I wouldn't think they have fixed the problem.

Unfortunately, when I tried to connect, it said my account is "temporarily" locked. That's unfortunate. I prefer when it is "permanently" locked, because then it sends me an email to unlock it. When "temporarily" locked, I don't know how long that takes to be available again. So I can't verify if the "reset password" solution now works.
    I can confirm that it still doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Lads I’m in the exact same position. Signed up for broadband and trying to log into myeir to avail of sports channels but absolutely no joy at all.im fairly patient at the best of times but this is a joke of service. I’ve tried the chats on web but they are no use. When contacting customers service, all very nice on the phone and acknowledge the issued but still not fixing it.
    I am paying for a service I am not getting? Am I going to be re-inbursed for the time it’s not working for me?
    Am I going to get correspondence advising me of current situation?
    How can this be resolved?
    Help required please

Lads I’m in the exact same position. Signed up for broadband and trying to log into myeir to avail of sports channels but absolutely no joy at all.im fairly patient at the best of times but this is a joke of service. I’ve tried the chats on web but they are no use. When contacting customers service, all very nice on the phone and acknowledge the issued but still not fixing it.
    I am paying for a service I am not getting? Am I going to be re-inbursed for the time it’s not working for me?
    Am I going to get correspondence advising me of current situation?
    How can this be resolved?
    Help required please
    Ring them on 0818 203040 (Mon - Sat, 10am to 6pm). I did it today and got my eir sport transferred (was paying monthly)

Any clue when the problem might be sorted? I mean, that is at least 3 weeks that a number of your customers cannot access their online account. This is being ridiculous at this stage. Existing customers can access their account, so it means the account system is somewhat working. It does not make sense that you cannot fix a problem such as the registration of account is that time. Can you provide any information at all about what is going on?

It's fixed now, you just need to register as a new user

Not working for me. Won't allow me register as a new user either.

Still not working for me and unable to register

Still not working for me and unable to register

Was onto chat again and was told to re-register in 4 hours and it will work then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Camdec

Was onto chat again and was told to re-register in 4 hours and it will work then

Eir have a very bad reputation as regards fixing data and Tv problems.
    They weren't even nice on phoning them and very very evasive.
    I had a nightmare scenario when with them but had no choice but to ride out the contract and then leave them, never to return.
    I think I am a lot less stressed now!

Camdec wrote: »

Eir have a very bad reputation as regards fixing data and Tv problems.
    They weren't even nice on phoning them and very very evasive.
    I had a nightmare scenario when with them but had no choice but to ride out the contract and then leave them, never to return.
    I think I am a lot less stressed now!
    I'm with then a week and feel it already. The chat guys take all the details and then say contact somebody else, website not working, landline not working.

Camdec wrote:
    Eir have a very bad reputation as regards fixing data and Tv problems. They weren't even nice on phoning them and very very evasive. I had a nightmare scenario when with them but had no choice but to ride out the contract and then leave them, never to return. I think I am a lot less stressed now!

By far the worst customer service I've come across in Ireland and I've only been with them 2/3 weeks

Tried this and had to re-register and alls working now. Not sure why customers haven't been informed they need to do this

Tried this and had to re-register and alls working now. Not sure why customers haven't been informed they need to do this

Tried to do this but saying I’m already registered?

It won't allow me re-register, says my account is already paired.

Account temporarily locked when I try to login.

Roanmore wrote: »
    It won't allow me re-register, says my account is already paired.

Account temporarily locked when I try to login.

Same as

Tried to do this but saying I’m already registered?

I had to get onto the chat team and they must have de-registered me and said try again in 4 hours. I was getting the same message before that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi All,

Our site has been under maintenance since 10pm last night in order to investigate and fix these issues. This should be back up and running within the next few hours. I will update you as soon as the maintenance has been completed. If after this time you are still unable to login then I will request taht you PM your details and I will escalate this to our IT department for immediate resolution.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi All,

I have now been advised that my eir is back up and running. I have tested this with my own acocunt which I also had been experiencing issues with and I have successfully logged in. For anyone that is still have issues, please PM me with your account details and email address and I will escalate this to our IT department immediately.

Thanks,

Sarah

Advertisement