Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Widespread online "my eir" connection issues?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭passremarkable

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have now been advised that my eir is back up and running. I have tested this with my own acocunt which I also had been experiencing issues with and I have successfully logged in. For anyone that is still have issues, please PM me with your account details and email address and I will escalate this to our IT department immediately.

Thanks,

Sarah

Mine still not working.
    Went to login , tried to reset password but keeps saying error occurred.
    Terrible system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi passremarkable,

If you could PM me with the requested details above I'll have this fixed.

Thanks,

Sarah

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi passremarkable,

If you could PM me with the requested details above I'll have this fixed.

Thanks,

Sarah

PM sent

Thanks a million,

I will get back to you shortly.

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Still not working for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Philippe14

At this time, I tried again, and could not get it working. I am also said my account is paired if I try to register, the login does not work and the reset password does not work.

That eir put their site under maintenance to fix the problem after that much time is ridiculous. That should have been done weeks ago.

I am sending you the PM. But obviously, the fix is not that good!!!

Hi All,

For anybody still experiencing issues, please PM me with your account details and email address and I will get this resolved.

Thanks,

Sarah

I already PM you my details this morning. Tell me when you have done something about it.

I still can't access my account. Any one in eir to fix the problem ? I already PM my details last week. Is the problem actually fixed?

No luck with me. 

I'm also trying to get my landline working since I changed to eir broadband. 1901 is a joke

• Advertisement

I changed back to eir over 2 weeks ago and this sums it up my interaction:

1. No access to my eir account

2. Told landline would be live withing an hour. Later told 5 days. Later told 48 hours. Later told it's pending activate ring 1901

3. Ring 1901, told my account is not recognised

4. Try e-mail I get this    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]We are currently upgrading our email platform in order to improve the service provided to you.[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]During this essential upgrade, the “Contact Us” email function will be temporarily disabled. If your query is urgent or you are looking to follow up on a logged issue, please contact us through our contact channels listed above.[/font]

5. Online chat, we can't help you, dial 1901 (see 2 above)

6. Facebook, can't help you

7. Boards, send us your details we'll help, no response

That's a good summary, but you may have a long time to go. I switched 3 months ago and still don't have everything sorted.

Same here
    Still not sorted after trying all avenues.
    How do they get away with this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Philippe14 wrote: »
    I still can't access my account. Any one in eir to fix the problem ? I already PM my details last week. Is the problem actually fixed?
    Hi Philippe14, 

I'm afraid Sarah is not in today. 

I'll have a look into this for you and come back to you soon through PM's

Thanks 

Tracey 

Same here
    Still not sorted after trying all avenues.
    How do they get away with this
    Hi passremarkable, 

Sarah's not in today, unfortunately. 

I will have a look at this for you and come back to you shortly through PM's. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Roanmore wrote: »
    I changed back to eir over 2 weeks ago and this sums it up my interaction:

1. No access to my eir account

2. Told landline would be live withing an hour. Later told 5 days. Later told 48 hours. Later told it's pending activate ring 1901

3. Ring 1901, told my account is not recognised

4. Try e-mail I get this    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]We are currently upgrading our email platform in order to improve the service provided to you.[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]During this essential upgrade, the “Contact Us” email function will be temporarily disabled. If your query is urgent or you are looking to follow up on a logged issue, please contact us through our contact channels listed above.[/font]

5. Online chat, we can't help you, dial 1901 (see 2 above)

6. Facebook, can't help you

7. Boards, send us your details we'll help, no response
    Hi Roanmore, 

I'm really sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves, I understand this is frustrating. 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I will have a look into this for. 

Thanks

Tracey 

No news about my own account?

Another day gone with no news…

Philippe14 wrote: »
    Hi Philippe14, 

I'm afraid Sarah is not in today. 

I'll have a look into this for you and come back to you soon through PM's

Thanks 

Tracey 
    What's "soon" in eir's term? It doesn't match my own notion of "soon" anyway…

My "my eir" account has somehow been deleted. 

The good thing is that it broke the association with my email address. So I was able to re-register and my account is finally working. That's near a month after the problem started, which is not acceptable, but at least it is finally working.

However, why was my "my eir" account deleted? Whether it was something automatic or someone did it to fix the issue, why was I not notified on my email address that was associated with that account. I know I tried to access it yesterday and it was still not working. But if didn't waste my time by trying to connect nearly every day, I might have wasted a lot of time waiting to be notified that I could retry to register.

In my opinion, even if it is to fix a problem, it is not acceptable that eir did not at least notify the related email address when deleting the linked account.

But that's at least 2 good news for now. My account is working, and I no longer have to deal with eir (lack of) support (I hope for a few months).

• Advertisement

My e-mail has been disassociated from my eir, still can't register though.

eir haven't switched on my landline after 3 weeks so my number isn't recognised.

The 1901 number is a joke, keep you hanging on and never answer.

Roanmore wrote: »
    My e-mail has been disassociated from my eir, still can't register though.

eir haven't switched on my landline after 3 weeks so my number isn't recognised.

The 1901 number is a joke, keep you hanging on and never answer.
    Hi there, 

I've responded to your PM there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement