Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantum70 crashed

Options
  • 29-08-2018 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

I had a Quantum70 House Alarm System installed 3 years ago and it crashed yesterday after ‘Mains Fault’ message appeared on the panel display the day before.

The Control Panel went completely dead yesterday.

Can’t get through to the engineer who installed it.

Now the outside bell/sounder has gone off and I can’t switch it off as the Control Panel is completely dead.

Tried switching off the electricity, but it is still sounding.

Any ideas how to disable or how long the battery in it will last, as it might continue sounding tonight when the neighbours will go bonkers?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The outside bell will stop after 15-20 minutes.
    Have you checked out the cause of the mains fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Bricriu

Thanks for reply, KoolKid, but it rang for seven hours (obviously the timer is malfunctioning as well) and began to wane and then fizzled out slowly, so hopefully it has spent the battery. Peace at last.

Can't find anything wrong at house fuse-box, and can't check anything out on the Control-panel as it is as dead as a door-nail.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you got a multimeter to check if there is mains power getting to the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Bricriu

No, haven't got a Multi-meter, nor could I use one. I think I will have to wait until an electrician friend can look at it next week.

Advertisement