Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Go Safe Vans

• 29-08-2018 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

One evening last week at approx 2115 (darkness) I observed a GO Safe van parked in the hard margin under a bridge on the N18 between Limerick and Shannon.
    The van was in total darkness with no lights and, clearly a traffic hazard.
    Does this contribute to road safety ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

How do you know you saw it if it was dark?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You were able to see it parked in the hard margin so how was it a hazard to road safety?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You saw it, so must have been safe enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

yrreg0850 wrote: »

It definitely contributes towards GO Save budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

One evening last week at approx 2115 (darkness) I observed a GO Safe van parked in the hard margin under a bridge on the N18 between Limerick and Shannon.

Maybe he wishes he was on the N17.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Grayson wrote: »
    How do you know you saw it if it was dark?
    You were able to see it parked in the hard margin so how was it a hazard to road safety?
    You saw it, so must have been safe enough.

Excellent contribution lads. I'm gonna save a fortune on bulbs now seeing as I don't need them, sure the street lights will do the job for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Pelvis wrote: »
    Excellent contribution lads. I'm gonna save a fortune on bulbs now seeing as I don't need them, sure the street lights will do the job for me.

Do you leave lights on every time you're parked up?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Corb_lund

Do you leave lights on every time you're parked up?

If I was on a hard shoulder on a national road in the dark, yes, because I'm not a moron.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

That van cleans up in bank holidays and Fridays.
    I pass it most days, one should always know bridges and bends are where these vans will be.

Never go over the 100 kph until you get past the Shannon exit.

Also from Shannon to Ennis there's always a garda car from 3pm to 6ish in one of the roads coming into the motorway...so they'll catch you if you're speeding if you're driving northward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

2CaeIna.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,281 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

There are safety reflectors on the back of the Go Safe vans so if you are paying attention you will see them in plenty of time before you rear end it if you happen to be driving on the hard shoulder of a dual carriageway for whatever strange reason you would be doing so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

BPKS wrote: »
    There are safety reflectors on the back of the Go Safe vans so if you are paying attention you will see them in plenty of time before you rear end it if you happen to be driving on the hard shoulder of a dual carriageway for whatever strange reason you would be doing so.

I believe it is the law that unless a vehicle is broken down, in which case it should have a reflective triangle visable , the vehicle should be lit.

As regards driving on the hard shoulder it is there for emergency stopping , puncture etc.

Advertisement