Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call centre jobs?

Options
  • 29-08-2018 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of any call centre jobs going or any companies that would be good to contact directly? I've been looking for a job for a while and was told that call centres are often hiring people and I have previously worked in a customer service based environment (not a call centre but I have dealt with the public).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of any call centre jobs going or any companies that would be good to contact directly? I've been looking for a job for a while and was told that call centres are often hiring people and I have previously worked in a customer service based environment (not a call centre but I have dealt with the public).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wayfair are always having recruitment drives for the Galway office, you can also now work virtually from home

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Wayfair, Shopify, EA and SAP are probably your best bet. You work from home with Shopify so be aware of that; it won't suit everybody. EA and SAP are in Parkmore. Wayfair is on the Tuam Road near Travel Lodge.

I think companies like HP have more technically orientated support jobs too if that would interest you. HP have been restructuring in recent years though so don't know what's going on there currently. I'd start with the other 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Sorry to be too technical, but HP are gone. It's split into 3 different companies now - HPE, DXC, Micorfocus. Massive number of people have left there in the last year as part of a restructuring plan. A couple hundred I would imagine. Not sure if they have hired much over the last 18 months but an awful lot have left. There doesn't seem to be a lot of optimism coming out of there either.

Would say the best bet is Wayfair, Oracle, or EA but I think EA is language dependant also.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Oracle (if you've hospitality background)
    Aviva (if you've insurance background)
    Abbott (was called Alere)
    SiteMinder

There are various smaller ones- watch the job-sites for them.

For call-centre work, approaching companies directly isn't always the best way. Some don't hire direct, so you need to go thru an agency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭skinny90

Oracle (if you've hospitality background) i wouldnt agree with this..oracle cs even if it is L1 support will look people with technical backgrounds at some level.

Op have you 3rd level qualifications?

I would recommend Shopify if you can work at home. There a very quirky company and will look more at the individual and how you think and deal with certain scenarios. They also provide cool benefits including trips away(generally to Canada but more places depending if you move away from the customer advisory role down the line)

Note I do not work for Shopify but know at least 12-15 people who do and they are loving it.

I do work for one of the above companies mentioned however

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭skinny90

Also Wayfair, they do customer service or sales over the phone.

Wouldn't recommend sales over the phone has it can prove to be difficult week to week, month to month etc

Advertisement