Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave chappelle & Jon Stewart 3 arena :D

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

When did this go on sale? ticketmaster is showing prices that are utterly insane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Not until Friday but himself is with 3 and think they done some sort of presale for their customers. Tickets were 150. Presume the tiered seating will be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah, presale this morning, general on Friday.
    tickets 50, 66, 86, 146

• Registered Users Posts: 45 whitneytfc

yeah, presale this morning, general on Friday.
    tickets 50, 66, 86, 146

Yup. Floor are 146 or whatever people are willing to pay thorough the 'platinum' option. Balked at the 146 and went for the 86 which are just off the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Big mac and fries

I absolutely love Jon Stewart, the Daily Show was unmissable when he presented, so can't wait for this. I don't know too much about Dave Chappelle, will have to do a bit of searching on You Tube

• Advertisement

I absolutely love Jon Stewart, the Daily Show was unmissable when he presented, so can't wait for this. I don't know too much about Dave Chappelle, will have to do a bit of searching on You Tube

You are definitely in for a treat. Probably the best active comedian right now and one of the all time greats. Also he has three Netflix specials in the last yesr or so, so I would start there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Got tickets. Fairly steep at over 300 for 2, but Chappelle has been for years my favourite comedian and I never thought he'd start doing stand up again, let alone come to Ireland, so I don't mond.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Had the €50 tickets in my cart, went to pay for them and it just kept crashing. Tried a few different cards but it was crashing instantly, the request was never even making it to the server. They're all gone now and I'm fed up with being ripped off for gigs in this country so I'm out. Nice one ticketmaster, really earning your extortionate fees there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

went on first they tried to put me in block A then Bloc G then third time worked a charm and I got Block G Row 31 so will be looking straight on with elevate seats. €86 fairly pricey for a comedy gig but he'll be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Bowlardo wrote: »
    went on first they tried to put me in block A then Bloc G then third time worked a charm and I got Block G Row 31 so will be looking straight on with elevate seats. €86 fairly pricey for a comedy gig but he'll be worth it.

I had something similar. Kept having to retry to get out of the edge blocks and then some of the good locations crapped out when I tried to finish the purchase. Might have been a browser issue though. Now I'm slightly offset but near the front of the block so happy enough.
    Just think of it as €43 each :D

• Advertisement

Bowlardo wrote: »

I had something similar. Kept having to retry to get out of the edge blocks and then some of the good locations crapped out when I tried to finish the purchase. Might have been a browser issue though. Now I'm slightly offset but near the front of the block so happy enough.
    Just think of it as €43 each :D
    That was literally what i was saying to my work buddy who thinks I am nuts to pay that for a comedy gig but It is one way of looking at it. so anyway she said "you're nuts paying that for a comedy gig" and then I kicked her in the Pussy!

Can't get any of the 50 or 66 ones. Not paying 90 quid for a gig alas.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

€66 ones showing up for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Yeah, I haven't seen much of Chappelle - some sketches but not a full special - but what I saw, I liked. Have never seen Stewart standup but like his stuff. The Daily show and general interviews he gives.

Got an 86 yoyo ticket but, as has been said, it really is two pretty big comedians. And comedians who don't tour much. Chappelle gave it up for a while after he skyrocketed. Plus, at least we're not waiting until November 2020 or something.

Has anyone been at a show with those phone pouches? Just wondering what the queue is like to lock/unlock. Think it's a great idea. Hate watching shows through someone's f*cking phone. I was at a concert last year and some tw*t was using an iPad for God's sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Another thread here about it: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057905473

I had presale access but the tickets were €100 for seats that weren't great. Unless you are up close for comedy gigs I don't think it's worth it, I'd rather watch on TV.

Yeah, I haven't seen much of Chappelle - some sketches but not a full special - but what I saw, I liked. Have never seen Stewart standup but like his stuff. The Daily show and general interviews he gives.

Got an 86 yoyo ticket but, as has been said, it really is two pretty big comedians. And comedians who don't tour much. Chappelle gave it up for a while after he skyrocketed. Plus, at least we're not waiting until November 2020 or something.

Has anyone been at a show with those phone pouches? Just wondering what the queue is like to lock/unlock. Think it's a great idea. Hate watching shows through someone's f*cking phone. I was at a concert last year and some tw*t was using an iPad for God's sake!

Was at Chris Rock's show last year when he used them. I had floor seats and it was never a major issue. I was early in so it was a quick process outside. The only issue is if you decide to nip to toilet or get a drink before it starts, the queue back in to the area where your seats are is massive because they have to check the pouches. If you have someone in there with you go out one at a time and leave the phone behind you and let them know.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Pricey old gig in fairness. Would have loved the floor seats but the guts of €300 for 2 people is too much. I know it's two legends but Bill Burr was about €55 for the floor seats.

Seems to be loads of €86 and up tickets still available. I wonder if they will sell it out - they are big names but moreso in the US than over here. God knows what Jon Stewart's standup is like these days - I think he's the curiosity for me, while Chappelle is the real draw.

I am very much looking forward now. I ended up with tickets in block D smack bang in the middle so should be a good evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,657 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I got lucky in that I bought the tickets for Burr so when I suggested this gig to the guy I go to shows with, he said he'd get them.
    Definitely would have made me stop and think before clicking Buy now at €90/ticket.

Saw Jim Jefferies and Bill Burr already this year. Felt Jefferies was "meh", nothing new to what I had already seen but thought Burr was excellent. Still laugh to myself at some of the jokes.

Hope this is more of the latter. If not, the price will be hard to forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Less than 2 weeks to go & there appears to be rakes of tickets left, especially the €146 ones. What are they going to do if these remain unsold?

Move people from further back down towards the front? Do competitions, special offers to get rid of them?

Looks like they’ve priced this badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

€86 is outrageous tbh. I think I paid €50 for Bill Burr in the 3Arena.

Chappelle has no where near the popularity here like he does in America, even more so for Jon Stewart.

• Advertisement

How far back did the €86 tickets start? The €146 ones are taking up a good few rows of the lower tiered seating.

Were the €50 & €66 tickets at the edge of the upper tier because there’s tickets available now up very high for €86, that you’d think would be the cheapest. But these are probably more central.

Tickets for €66 available on Ticketmaster now.

Not too long to go . Can’t wait

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

I see the doors open at 6:30pm but any ideas on stage times?

Bassboxxx wrote: »
    I see the doors open at 6:30pm but any ideas on stage times?
    I was wondering the same. I'd assume Dave will be on 1.5 -2 hours so take that from 10:30 and work back.
    Stewart will probably do an hour. Can't see him doing much more than him.
    I think 7:30 would be a safe enough time to be there
    Could be a lot of hassle with the youndr bags  - best be early

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Sounds reasonable.
    These phone bags sound like it could be an inconvenience. I'm all for no phones at gigs but wondering what they do if I say I've no phone... Do they search me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Sounds reasonable.
    These phone bags sound like it could be an inconvenience. I'm all for no phones at gigs but wondering what they do if I say I've no phone... Do they search me?

I'm looking forward to it! What do you think will be inconvenient and why would you say you don't have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,657 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

xckjoo wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to it! What do you think will be inconvenient and why would you say you don't have one?

Because it is another queue when leaving.

I intend leaving my phone in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Sounds reasonable.

Think they will be scanning every one tbh. Just leave it at home or in the car if you dont wanna queue.

I am so bloody excited!! Is it terrible that I don't give 2 sh1ts about jon Stewart and just wanna get to Dave?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

Think they will be scanning every one tbh. Just leave it at home or in the car if you dont wanna queue.

I am so bloody excited!! Is it terrible that I don't give 2 sh1ts about jon Stewart and just wanna get to Dave?!

Pity they didn't offer shared tickets - I want to see Jon. Could have saved a fortune!!! :D

Advertisement