Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave chappelle & Jon Stewart 3 arena :D

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

GreeBo wrote: »

Stupid late arrivals and masses of people leaving inbetween each act was bizzare for me, Id say a couple of thousand people werent there when Chappelle hit the stage.
    I guess some people really need their phones.

Yeah it was nuts the amount of people that shot up to run out as soon as Stewart finished. I'm glad they didn't delay Chappelle to wait for people to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,657 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Yeah it was nuts the amount of people that shot up to run out as soon as Stewart finished. I'm glad they didn't delay Chappelle to wait for people to come back.

I was one of those people who had to go to the toilet. I'd sooner they give people time for such than the constant scurrying that goes on while the acts are actually on.

Was in upper deck for previous shows and when you look down it actually looks like an ant farm with people constantly running in and out while the show is going on. A dedicated interval would lessen that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

People need to piss; i had to piss during jon Stewart and felt like a criminal, but it was either go or piss in my seat!
    Held it so much for Dave that I thought I was gonna piss blood after it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭tommyombomb

Was this same skit as the one Dave chappelle used in the states. Saw him in NYC when there and emailed the promoter if the same. Didn't hear back so presumed it was. Would be raging if it wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I thought it was a poor set up in the 3 arena... how was there no Tv either side of the stage or above the stage. Anyone upper deck coyldn’t See anything.

I was in D block and couldn’t see their faces .

Won’t be going to a comedy show there again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

TJ Mackie wrote: »
    I was in tears for all or Chappelle.

Thought the highlight was when some Americans up in the rafters cheered at the mention or crack addicts in DC.

"Are you cheering for crack or for DC?..... actually with those seats, it's probably crack."

They were a few rows behind us, were from DC and seemed inordinately excited that he mentioned DC. My mates at gig were American too, and they thought Dave's answer was priceless. Esp as we were in those seats too :)

A group of guys near us were tutting at the DC folks excited reaction, but sure that's fanboys for you. They can talk v loudly to each other and tear open their yondr pouches to use their phones, but god forbid the audience reacts to a question!
    There were a lot of torn phone pouches near me as I excited and also a few times the same guy kept coming back from the loo, got lost and whipped out his phone each time to check where his mates were.
    But all in all it was great not to have a sea of phones lighting up around you for the entire gig. I left mine at home and didn't miss it, and taking a pic from the nosebleeds was going to be pointless anyways seeing as there was no screens either side.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Bowlardo wrote: »
    I thought it was a poor set up in the 3 arena... how was there no Tv either side of the stage or above the stage. Anyone upper deck coyldn’t See anything.

I was in D block and couldn’t see their faces .

Won’t be going to a comedy show there again

I couldnt see faces either, which is a bit rich for €85.

I've been to several others (Eddie Izzard, Bill Bailey, etc) and all had screens.

I think Dave usually plays much smaller, theater venues so maybe it just didnt travel well to the larger arena.

Advertisement