Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm a Celebrity 2018!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I reckon they’ll have Emily doing extra camp next year

I've not watched this before.
    I'd say Fleur would do it if they'd let her.

If Ant is coming back, pay up for holly for the after show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Ya I like Swash too as he doesn't take himself in anyways serious and is a good comedy element, but in recent years they have tried to jam supposedly funny people into the after show and its just a bit meh.

Whitmore was quite a good presenter I thought

those years worked well because you had a proper serious main presenter and a half decent comedien supporting the presenter and swashy doing some wierd stuff to give it a laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

It was a sweet feel good series but it was fairly boring a lot of nights. I’d like more struggles please, and more getting to know the contestants. Chit chat must never have been as rare.

Was my first year watching it properly and these were my sentiments exactly
    The last week was boring especially as it was obvious Harry was gonna win
    Will give it a go again next year as I enjoyed it but needs more bitchin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Nope a hope. That would be a massive step down for her career wise

Was gonna edit out nope a hope but I kinda like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

I'm sure Rita isn't the only one who enjoys a fag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,948 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

John loves them so much he married one , imagine that !

Time to change the record imo .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I am, I rolled it during the ad break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

john would be great if he shut his mouth and stoppped with the over the top camp cringe

therapy.gif

• Advertisement

Jeff2 wrote: »

I am, I rolled it during the ad break.
    Big thing about Rita enjoying a cigarette. I'm sure some of the presenters and crew and backstage workers also had the odd cigarette. But only Rita gets mentioned. So why is that. !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Very lacklustre series....only watched it occasionally and was never hooked by it. They all got on too well, nothing even came of the Noel Edmonds as camp ruler thing and he was gone before long. The last few series seem to end before it really picks up steam.

Where were the fights over the cooking, people bottling trials and coming back with fuuck all stars?! These things add to the series.

Predictable but likable winner in harry. I loved him bumbling about wanting scrambled egg on toast and talking about his wife.

The only thing unpredictable was the voting...Anne seventh? Had her down for the final with harry. Wasn't everyone in the bottom two at some stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Rita's whole character is based around a fag. The fag went well with her tough nut character Roxy in Eastenders. The fag was a prop to help her assert the aggressive nature that the director wanted her to portray. Due to that role, the fag is now forever associated with Rita in the same way the black felt fedora is linked to Frank Sinatra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Neeson wrote: »
    Rita's whole character is based around a fag. The fag went well with her tough nut character Roxy in Eastenders. The fag was a prop to help her assert the aggressive nature that the director wanted her to portray. Due to that role, the fag is now forever associated with Rita in the same way the black felt fedora is linked to Frank Sinatra.

Roxy didn't smoke in Eastenders

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Only got to watch till where John was voted off:mad:
    Will catch the rest of it tomorrow. Congrats to Harry! I love when he gives that little cheeky laugh. A serious accomplishment at his age..

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Neeson wrote: »

Roxy didn't smoke in Eastenders
    She did backstage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

Dovies wrote: »
    I'd have done Harry's trial no problem. Emily's I could if I really had to but i would be terrified. John's no chance!!

+100

I couldnt do Johns one, jesus....the egg thing and the exploding spider abdomen :(

Emilys? If I had to I could. It wouldnt be my ideal friday night out but could do it.

Harrys? I'd have to cover my ears as Im from the "earwig" generation *if you know, you know* :o:(:D
    The rats for me would be the easiest part. The yoke in the ear? Not so much but still the one Id have picked of the three

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I'm happy Harry got it.

I'm going to put trolls on ignore in my profile in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

km79 wrote: »

I've had kangaroo and emu and both were ok ( I wouldn't have again mind you but both were edible enough)
    But I'd have them over squid :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

Thoughts from worst to best :

Nick - Actually liked him a bit at the start but that was eroded quite quickly the more we got to know him. The comparisons to David Brent are tragically accurate. Brent was more likeable though.

Malique - I honestly forgot he was on the show and omitted him from the list completely until I realized it was only 10 not 11. Says it all really.

Sair - Nice girl but so painfully average character wise. No real personality to bring to the table.

James - Nice guy but so painfully average character wise. No real personality to bring to the table.

Anne - To rob one of Harry’s football cliches, her time was a game of 2 halves. First half she was painfully out of place, looked genuinely distressed to be in there and was exempt from most trials. She really won me over towards the end though with how much she seemed to have come out of her shell.

John - pure annoying to begin with but became much more natural as time went by. His friendship with Emily was adorable.

Fleur - such a ball of sunshine but I think a lot of it was for the cameras. Kinda the opposite of John in that regard, in that she appeared less natural to me the longer it went on.

Rita - I loved her sense of humour and straight talking nature.

Noel - Natural entertainer, and like Rita he spoke straight and was spikey. Pity he wasn’t in there longer but he played a blinder voting himself out and getting that pay Cheque for 9 days work!!

Harry - Had all the funniest lines, such a likeable bloke. Seemed to be completely himself and just got on with it and got proper stuck in.

Emily - I loved her on this. Seems delightful, great craic, pure sound, and just a brilliant person to be around. Didn’t find her fake in the slightest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Jaysus do people even watch the after show? I only watched it once and that was to see Holly doing cyclone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Jaysus do people even watch the after show? I only watched it once and that was to see Holly doing cyclone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I agree on John becoming more natural as it went on, the exact opposite of Emily. Even at the end she didn't exit the stage gracefully and was hanging around giving it "can I be the Princess?".

Fleur was never natural to me, same as Nick, complete character being put on.

Did they reveal how much Harry won by?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Did they reveal how much Harry won by?

I think the voting breakdown is usually revealed a few days after the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

My opinions now the show is over...

Declan Donnelly is the real star of Ant and Dec, as he has shown since Ant had to step down while he gets his life back in order.
    Holly Willoughby has been the biggest winner on the show, natural and I would argue she helped take the show to a new higher level.

The contestants were good so overall I think it was one of big success stories of TV 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

They're gonna have to change the format a bit for nxt Yr I think, it's all gone very very stale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,505 ✭✭✭valoren

RobertKK wrote: »
    My opinions now the show is over...

Declan Donnelly is the real star of Ant and Dec, as he has shown since Ant had to step down while he gets his life back in order.
    Holly Willoughby has been the biggest winner on the show, natural and I would argue she helped take the show to a new higher level.

The contestants were good so overall I think it was one of big success stories of TV 2018.

Agreed. His asides and skits to camera are genuinely brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

valoren wrote: »
    Agreed. His asides and skits to camera are genuinely brilliant.

They are all scripted. All the inserts to camera are scripted. His delivery of them is very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Just caught up on last night’s final.

My God the final tasks!!!! :eek:

I’d still be running away from ANY of the three trials!

Advertisement