Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm a Celebrity 2018!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I miss Holly already!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I miss Holly already!

I thought she was brilliant !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

I would actually love to do something like that for 3 weeks. Cut off from the craziness, no phone,sunshine,hopefully nice people. Shame I'm not a celebrity :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Neeson wrote: »
    Them Jam rolls look tasty. You could see Harry begging Sandra to feed them to him in bed. Harry knew all along he was better than the rest and he had the British public behind him. Sure he used to manage Tottenham Hotspur. Harry only said Emily would be useful for his son if she wore makeup. A terrible thing to say. I wonder did many of them shave in the dunny.

Do you really think most people that watch I'm a celebrity watch the premier league.

jluv wrote: »
    I would actually love to do something like that for 3 weeks. Cut off from the craziness, no phone,sunshine,hopefully nice people. Shame I'm not a celebrity :(

These days you only need to be related or know a celebrity to get in.

Stanley Johnson was on. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Do you really think most people that watch I'm a celebrity watch the premier league.

This is true. Malique probably should have won if it went by type of viewer. Harry reminded the viewers of their daddies I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

These days you only need to be related or know a celebrity to get in.

Stanley Johnson was on. :confused:

Ok..which one of ye is famous? Help a girl out..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,697 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Well no one has ever seen me and Leonardo di Caprio together in the same room

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

John is such a nice guy! His reaction to seeing his parents was adorable! Fleur and her sister are annoying as fcuk. Emily’s dad is oddly cute

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I know (of)someone that was on Prime Time tonight , does that count ?:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

i like that coming out show

odd that anne made a point about saying that "it was all about the money" - pretty hurtful in a way for all the autistic fans that thought she was highlighting the affliction - of course she might have not been serious.

emily shouting out busw*nker ??? - whats all this about then? - never heard of it. is it a hark back to when she was in the betweeners thing?

In fairness just because Anne is autistic it doesn’t mean she has a duty to bring awareness to anything or be some kind of a spokesperson. She’s a person in her own right who shouldn’t be defined by her condition. If people feel let down that she didn’t speak about it more than that’s on them. She’s allowed to do as she pleases.

i like that coming out show

odd that anne made a point about saying that "it was all about the money" - pretty hurtful in a way for all the autistic fans that thought she was highlighting the affliction - of course she might have not been serious.

emily shouting out busw*nker ??? - whats all this about then? - never heard of it. is it a hark back to when she was in the betweeners thing?

I thought Anne was honest saying she went it there for the money , don't they all really ?
    She went in as herself , not as an ambassador for Autism Awareness , she just happens to be on the Spectrum . I don't think it was hurtful tbh , just my opinion :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I thought Anne was honest saying she went it there for the money , don't they all really ?
    She went in as herself , not as an ambassador for Autism Awareness , she just happens to be on the Spectrum . I don't think it was hurtful tbh , just my opinion :)

whatever reason she went in for there is no doubt she had a following though on the outside that warmed to her and were glad she was bringing it all out into the open and so she had some kind of trust or indeed an ambassador whether she wanted it or not it was there, look at that poor wee kid on this morning with his letter - bit harsh i still think if now she is saying it was just for the money

i understand thats what the other celebs go in there for the money and the fame normally though

whatever reason she went in for there is no doubt she had a following though on the outside that warmed to her and were glad she was bringing it all out into the open and so she had some kind of trust or indeed an ambassador whether she wanted it or not it was there, look at that poor wee kid on this morning with his letter - bit harsh i still think if now she is saying it was just for the money

i understand thats what the other celebs go in there for the money and the fame normally though

How many people actually knew she had an ASD before she went into the jungle though ?
    I for one definitely didn't .
    And if she had entered the show stating that she was doing it to raise Autism Awareness , then yes , she would have been an ambassador , but IMO , she is Anne , a woman , a celebrity who entered the show as an individual the same as everyone else .
    She just happens to be on the Spectrum , it doesn't define who she is as a person .

How many people actually knew she had an ASD before she went into the jungle though ?
    I for one definitely didn't .
    And if she had entered the show stating that she was doing it to raise Autism Awareness , then yes , she would have been an ambassador , but IMO , she is Anne , a woman , a celebrity who entered the show as an individual the same as everyone else .
    She just happens to be on the Spectrum , it doesn't define who she is as a person .

I could tell - right back to seeing her on the chase - and on some other programmes where she was just 'herself' - mind you most probably heightened because my son has aspergers and I (apparently) have traits of autism or aspergers or something on that spectrum (self diagnosed by my dear wife lol)

She is Anne who happens to have autism, not autistic Anne. Just like John wasn’t in there waving a banner doing it for the gays she has no duty to be an ambassador for or speak about her reasons more than the others do. She’s raising awareness just by being her and functioning like every other person in camp.

I could tell - right back to seeing her on the chase - and on some other programmes where she was just 'herself' - mind you most probably heightened because my son has aspergers and I (apparently) have traits of autism or aspergers or something on that spectrum (self diagnosed by my dear wife lol)

I've only seen The Chase a few times , that's the only reason I knew who she was , but she has a persona on that show , The Governess , that she acts up to .
    So , genuine question for you here now ,.do you define your son as your AS son , or is he your son who just happens to have an ASD ?

I know mine is the latter .

I've only seen The Chase a few times , that's the only reason I knew who she was , but she has a persona on that show , The Governess , that she acts up to .
    So , genuine question for you here now ,.do you define your son as your AS son , or is he your son who just happens to have an ASD ?

I know mine is the latter .

um - i have never analysied it .... he is .. er he just my son and he is wonderful and clever and witty and hugely intelligent

um - i have never analysied it .... he is .. er he just my son and he is wonderful and clever and witty and hugely intelligent

Exactly !!!!

That's what I was trying to say about Anne going into the jungle , as herself :)

Btw , that's how I'd describe my son too , as my son :)

• Advertisement

Well there you go. And I’m sure he doesn’t go through life explaining himself to everyone he meets.
    Also, and I hope this comes out right- but the public can turn quickly and any initiation of “awh she’s raising awareness, how amazing” can quickly turn to “oh god would she ever stop going on about it!”. The public appetite is very limited. I’m sure Anne didn’t want to be that person. Or maybe it’s just not a big issue for her? Maybe she just gets on with things and why wouldn’t she.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Not really. She has Aspergers, which comes under the umbrella term autism. There are so many different levels to Autism.

But I don't think it Highlights Autism at all. Just that somebody who's famous has it.

I did not know Anne has autism/aspergers before this series, she was ruled out of a fair few trials but was that because she was over weight more than her illness

She did talk to Rita about it but I felt she didn't want her whole time on the series to be about her illness as it should not define her, I think it was the outside media who blew it up

I am glad Harry won, he was the series mvp, kinda of a tame coming out show, was hoping Jamie would be there to meet Emily

I can't imagine Harry as a football manager, commanding a dressing room without Sandra :P

I'v asked you before.

Did you post in this thread while the show was on TV.?

I'v asked you before.

Did you post in this thread while the show was on TV.?

I dont quite know what you are asking? - I have been posting in this thread whilst the show has been on and tonight on the 'coming out' show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Sooo, that last scene with Dec and Holly and the T-shirt with Holly and 2019 phone number... Was that a tease that Holly is signed up to go inside the jungle next year??? Mmmmm!

Probably overthinking it, but if so, I can't wait already... Slobber, slobber........

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Sooo, that last scene with Dec and Holly and the T-shirt with Holly and 2019 phone number... Was that a tease that Holly is signed up to go inside the jungle next year??? Mmmmm!

Probably overthinking it, but if so, I can't wait already... Slobber, slobber........

Have you seen her with creepy Crawlies - she his behind dec most of the time. She would never be a contestant, never would he really come to think of it.

I'd love to see a winner of winners of I'm a celeb. Put all the past winners in there and see who would be the ultimate winner :)

In fairness just because Anne is autistic it doesn’t mean she has a duty to bring awareness to anything or be some kind of a spokesperson. She’s a person in her own right who shouldn’t be defined by her condition. If people feel let down that she didn’t speak about it more than that’s on them. She’s allowed to do as she pleases.

Absolutely . My query was about the voice over of the show which stated that this year was interesting as it brought awareness about autism . In fact I dont really think it did at all if I am honest , I dont think it had to or that Anne had any obligation to .But in my opinion the producers are making " a thing " of it and acting like they opened the eyes of the public . I very much doubt that anyone who had little awareness of autism learned very much except as Mam said that people with autism are just like you or I

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I am honestly interested . Does anyone think this series highlighted anything about autism ? I can't say I learned anything at all new

I honestly don't know why entertainment programmes feel that they should educate anyone about any ailment or affliction. I don't think that's what they were aiming for. If people want to know more about autism there are plenty of societies they can volunteer to help at and learn about it there. It's only a show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I think if Ant is to return, he should come back as a contestant rather than a presenter. That would make next years worth watching :D

(It is Ant who's missing this year?, I always mix them up)

• Advertisement

Babooshka wrote: »
    I honestly don't know why entertainment programmes feel that they should educate anyone about any ailment or affliction. I don't think that's what they were aiming for. If people want to know more about autism there are plenty of societies they can volunteer to help at and learn about it there. It's only a show.

Yes I agree with you actually .Its just that the voice over last night was insinuating that it had helped in autism awareness .I dont believe it should but was just interested how others felt about it

Advertisement