Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm a Celebrity 2018!

Options
1101102103104105107»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

ozzy jr wrote: »
    I think if Ant is to return, he should come back as a contestant rather than a presenter. That would make next years worth watching :D

(It is Ant who's missing this year?, I always mix them up)

Going into the jungle would be good for Anthony McPartlin. If they would let him stay in that environment for months it would help him shed his demons. Don't give him alcohol. Just give him the rice beans and some creepy crawlies. They could give him a decent bed though. But leave him in there for a good few months so he can recover from his issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

No, course it shouldn't be TV shows or its contestants place to highlight autism or anything like it... But if by chance someone on there chooses to be open about it and talk about it and its their choice and hasn't been forced into it, then all the better.

Of course there is still not known enough about certain conditions and there will naturally be people that won't go out and volunteer or go and read a book about it or research it further but if the telly is on with one of their favourite shows and someone on there happens to have autism or something like that they a more likely to be educated or get to know more about the condition and that's not a bad thing at all.

And believe me there is still a lot for people to learn out there as to why some people act differently to other people some children with ADHD are still classed as disruptive children with a lot of energy or naughty, and still loads of people don't understand the difference between aspergers and autism.. In fact there is still a lot of people I have come across that haven't even heard of aspergers but they have heard of autism so you have to use the word autism instead so they understand. But technically , although similar, there is still a difference between autism and aspergers.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

Aussie version is starting on TV3 right now ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Looks interesting !
    Flicking between that andLeah Rimini .

• Advertisement

any aussie celebs we know in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Watching the Australia show and enjoying it...they seem to be getting a harder run at it than the uk celebrities did..
    I have only heard of 3 of them on it .. tennis player, kat and Kim actor and Tiffany...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭prunudo

I see its a different camp, looks like a bit more budget than the Itv version.

any aussie celebs we know in it?

The psycho drunk nanny from Neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Haven’t tuned in yet, any good or is it tripe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Shn99 wrote: »
    Seems ok , has the potential to be a lot of rows I recon,A few strong willed ladies in the camp..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

jvan wrote: »
    I see its a different camp, looks like a bit more budget than the Itv version.

It is based in Africa

• Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭prunudo

kitten_k wrote: »
    It is based in Africa

Ah didn't realise that, it also explains the giraffe and elephants in the credits before the ad breaks.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Harry Redknapp gets £500,000 as new face of McDonald's

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/harry-redknapp-nets-cool-500000-13847624

the only catch-up he knows is the one that goes on his chips LOL :D

Not sure if anyone would have interest but thought id say it anyway.

The werewolf forum is running an im a celebrity themed game next month.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057947165/1/#post109168184

I dont want to derail here anymore then this but if anyone has any questions jump in here

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057647051/40/#post109048497

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Shn99 wrote: »

It is good, there are a few bust ups,
    there is a boxer, a model, a clairvoyant, comedian, singer, footballer, and now Princess Dianas former butler Paul burrell spilling the beans on the royals,

Not sure if anyone would have interest but thought id say it anyway.

The werewolf forum is running an im a celebrity themed game next month.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057947165/1/#post109168184

I dont want to derail here anymore then this but if anyone has any questions jump in here

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057647051/40/#post109048497

How do you play?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

How do you play?

In essence:

Players are assigned roles to a particular team: in a basic game you will have werewolves and villagers.
    The villagers job is to find and kill the wolves amongst them by a public lynch you all vote on each night.

The Wolves job is to kill the villagers until they reach the same number (gain parity). They do this by killing a player each morning (known as a munch).

It's all played out on a game thread in the Werewolf Forum, although wolves and village roles are given a private room to submit their kills/powers.

There are other variations but that's the basic game as easily as I can describe it for you. :D

Sorry for butting in Mick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

How do you play?
    chat and flirt your way to the finals.

edit: i think in the final 3, john barrowman and kerry katona will vote steve davis out of the jungle.

• Advertisement

How do you play?
    Necro wrote: »
    In essence:

Players are assigned roles to a particular team: in a basic game you will have werewolves and villagers.
    The villagers job is to find and kill the wolves amongst them by a public lynch you all vote on each night.

The Wolves job is to kill the villagers until they reach the same number (gain parity). They do this by killing a player each morning (known as a munch).

It's all played out on a game thread in the Werewolf Forum, although wolves and village roles are given a private room to submit their kills/powers.

There are other variations but that's the basic game as easily as I can describe it for you. :D

Sorry for butting in Mick!

Apologies as I said I wouldn't derail here anymore but just to add to Necros great explanation

Werewolf is kinda similar to watching IAC in some ways

You will be on a thread posting after reading (as opposed watching) who you think is good or bad, who you think is a liar and who isn't

You will have have people you like and dislike in the game.

As sKeith alluded above you will have the power to vote people out.

But your team will get a chance in the next game to be the winner in the jungle.

TBH its a great little community on boards who are very welcoming and just like playing games (role playing games mostly) and if anyone wants to pop over and ask any question there will be loads there to answer. ( as we are all just trying to pass time until the next game :D)

If not too late I'd give it a go but if so then might just lurk and see how it plays out, good luck "celebs"

If not too late I'd give it a go but if so then might just lurk and see how it plays out, good luck "celebs"

tis early days, i aint even joined yet.

sKeith wrote: »
    tis early days, i aint even joined yet.

Do you have to be online 24/7 for it or is it allocated time for the game?

Do you have to be online 24/7 for it or is it allocated time for the game?
    day is usally 10am-9pm and night is 9pm-10am.

5 posts is asked for any player.
    if you cannot 5 post in a day, 10am-10am, then best not joining.
    5 posts is minimum.
    and if you get engaged, is simple.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

JP Liz V1 wrote:

Not at all, loads of time. Get mam of 4 there to join ya for the craic as well :)

Although you prob know a few from here anyways in Mick, Kolido and kitten :D

Advertisement