Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm a Celebrity 2018!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ollie78

I loved Harry and Emily

I'm sure Rita isn't the only one who enjoys a fag!

You seriously need to get a grip

After last years 100% all bottom 2s being real, we had 5 false ones this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭kegg

Harry had it won at "yabba dabba doo"!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

razorblunt wrote: »
    I agree on John becoming more natural as it went on, the exact opposite of Emily. Even at the end she didn't exit the stage gracefully and was hanging around giving it "can I be the Princess?".

Fleur was never natural to me, same as Nick, complete character being put on.

There can only ever be one Princess ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Yeah, the pirate princess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Yeah, the pirate princess!

There's a poster here with the name The Pirate Queen , I kid you not :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

When they got to meet their families a few days ago, it slightly killed the series for me. The series turned out to be called "Celebrities who go camping, and eat well, and get to see their families, and get a bit sun burnt, and may have to do a task every now and again, but eat well and get to sleep loads, and eat well".

I don't think it has a ring to it though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

antodeco wrote: »
    When they got to meet their families a few days ago, it slightly killed the series for me. The series turned out to be called "Celebrities who go camping, and eat well, and get to see their families, and get a bit sun burnt, and may have to do a task every now and again, but eat well and get to sleep loads, and eat well".

Agree 100 pc
    The whole idea of these shows is to isolate them from the outside world and deprive them.Then they go a little stir crazy from boredom,hunger,become tetchy and turn on each other for our amusement.

Going for a stroll in the woods to meet your loved ones is bull.

Ant needs to be back next year and they need to change it up a bit and get meaner to the contestants.

Harry just about saved the show this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Before it used to be something of a mare to do a bushtucker trial.
    But now they all know how to play the game to look like an all-rounder. Nick taking all the cooking and Fleur finding everyone amazing and taking as many trials as possible. Trying every day to come up with catchy songs for the highlights reel.
    Part of the reason Harry won was because it harked back to when nobody really knew what it was all about.

Still chuckle at Fleur’s face when she was announced as 4th place. She thought she had it nailed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

had a private facebook message from a facebook friend who lives where I used to live in the UK who was Dinner lady at Emily Atack's school - right proper madam she said she was at school and said if she didnt like something she would march right into the staff-room and let them know - and she said that she made her daughters life hell (whatever that means) and I missed the other night when the other half's met them in the jungle so didnt know that Emily's mother is the impressionist and singer Kate Robbins (she was big TV star in the 80's in the UK she was always on TV)

I liked Emily in this though , thought she was OK , came across OK - bit of an attention seeker but so were some of the others (apart from 'arry - who was great)

There should be a little poll on who was the most attention seeker was on the show this year ... I would say fleur (flair) would be second if she wasnt at the top of the poll .. in fact a lot of the times I thought I was watching "the Fleur Show!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

antodeco wrote: »

Yes I think its certainly got easier. The tasks were all a bit samey.

When they did the trial - eat this rat dick or have this pint of lager (with Tuffers iirc) - the camp were all hungry this time it was all a bit meh. Loike they're out the next day anyway.

Needs shaking up a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭Jeff2

The I'm a Celebrity.... Coming out is on tomorrow night from 9 to 10.

Jusr a reminder as someone posted it on Sunday, Mam of 4 I think.

I'll just watch it to see is Sandra has any tails about Harry.

"if a jobs worth doing, Don't let Harry near it". :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

i like the coming out show -

i'd say its been so pretty darn good mostly this year they are gonna maybe find it hard to top next year .

the final the other night saw the highest figure of people tuning in so far in the history of im a celeb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

did harry ever explain how he drove over sandra

did harry ever explain how he drove over sandra

Yes, it was in reverse.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,984 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

i like the coming out show -

i'd say its been so pretty darn good mostly this year they are gonna maybe find it hard to top next year .

the final the other night saw the highest figure of people tuning in so far in the history of im a celeb

It will be a big love fest, no nasty confrontations

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Voting Results are out:

Harry; 1st place every vote off
    Emily; 3rd place once and 4th place once but came in 2nd place every other vote off
    John; Between 3rd and 4th place every vote off
    Fleur; 2nd place once, between 3rd and 4th every other time
    James; Highest: 2nd place (in the first vote when multiple people were immune. Highest other than this is 5th)
    Nick; Highest: 4th place
    Anne; Highest: 4th place (in the first vote. Highest other than this is 6th)
    Rita; Highest: 5th place (in the first vote. Highest other than this 7th)
    Sair; Highest 8th
    Malique; Lasted one vote (Got 3.8%)
    Noel; Lasted one vote (Got 10.6%, Rita got 11.2% (in the first vote))

EDIT: Oof, just saw someone else did this already

had a private facebook message from a facebook friend who lives where I used to live in the UK who was Dinner lady at Emily Atack's school - right proper madam she said she was at school and said if she didnt like something she would march right into the staff-room and let them know - and she said that she made her daughters life hell (whatever that means) and I missed the other night when the other half's met them in the jungle so didnt know that Emily's mother is the impressionist and singer Kate Robbins (she was big TV star in the 80's in the UK she was always on TV)

I liked Emily in this though , thought she was OK , came across OK - bit of an attention seeker but so were some of the others (apart from 'arry - who was great)

There should be a little poll on who was the most attention seeker was on the show this year ... I would say fleur (flair) would be second if she wasnt at the top of the poll .. in fact a lot of the times I thought I was watching "the Fleur Show!"

Andy can I ask did you post in this thread when the show was on.?

• Advertisement

I like the coming out show but in reality it’s usually just exit, salivate over food, awe at hotel room, lie on bed x ten contestants.
    Usually about three seconds at the end are dedicated to the winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

I like the coming out show but in reality it’s usually just exit, salivate over food, awe at hotel room, lie on bed x ten contestants.
    Usually about three seconds at the end are dedicated to the winner.

I enjoyed it the year that the bullies came out and realised that they were seen to be bullies and started backtracking. Can't rememeber who they were. It was the year of the strawberries. I loved watching it unfold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

neonsofa wrote: »
    I enjoyed it the year that the bullies came out and realised that they were seen to be bullies and started backtracking. Can't rememeber who they were. It was the year of the strawberries. I loved watching it unfold.

Rebecca Vardy is one I can remember I think

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Rebecca Vardy is one I can remember I think

Yes! I really couldn't stand her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Was that the Denis Wise - Amir Khan year?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

It was only last year :pac:

They gang handed iain

• Advertisement

It was only last year :pac:

They gang handed iain

A lifetime ago JP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

A lifetime ago JP.

365 pages in PDF terms

Are you sure your not thinking of the thread itself ;)

Are you sure your not thinking of the thread itself ;)

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Dennis Wise, Jamie Lomas and Amir Khan himself. Think Dennis Wise realised how they were coming across and tried to reign it in. He was first of them to be eliminated though.

As much as there was a backlash, Jamie came second. I thought he was the worst of the 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,984 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Was that the Denis Wise - Amir Khan year?

Oh yes the small man Dennis Wise

I am honestly interested . Does anyone think this series highlighted anything about autism ? I can't say I learned anything at all new

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Love this episode every year!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I am honestly interested . Does anyone think this series highlighted anything about autism ? I can't say I learned anything at all new

Not really. She has Aspergers, which comes under the umbrella term autism. There are so many different levels to Autism.

But I don't think it Highlights Autism at all. Just that somebody who's famous has it.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Not really. She has Aspergers, which comes under the umbrella term autism. There are so many different levels to Autism.

But I don't think it Highlights Autism at all. Just that somebody who's famous has it.

Thanks . I wondered if I missed some deep conversation or insight !

It's an odd one I think .
    I personally didn't learn anything new , but I just hope that to others who may not ever met/had dealings with a person on the Autism Spectrum , it may have opened their eyes to the fact that a lot of Autistic people are just like everyone else .

We all have our own quirks/foibbles , so a little understanding and patience goes a long way .

TLDR ,
    Sorry !!

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    It's an odd one I think .
    I personally didn't learn anything new , but I just hope that to others who may not ever met/had dealings with a person on the Autism Spectrum , it may have opened their eyes to the fact that a lot of Autistic people are just like everyone else .

We all have our own quirks/foibbles , so a little understanding and patience goes a long way .

TLDR ,
    Sorry !!

I just feel if that was her aim she maybe could have been more informative . But maybe it actually wasn't her aim !
    ( what is TLDR ? ! )

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Oh no, more about Nick and his song!

I just feel if that was her aim she maybe could have been more informative . But maybe it actually wasn't her aim !
    ( what is TLDR ? ! )

I'm wondering if she did actually talk/explain about it to the campmates , but we didn't see it ? Hard to know tbh .

TLDR - Too long didn't read .
    Sometimes I don't know when to stop waffling on..:o

Right back to gossiping !! I am always amazed at how well the look with hours of being out ! One fry up and all is forgiven

• Advertisement

The one time I did a big loud fart.........Sure Rita, the one time.

Annes manky boots are on the coffee table ! Yuck

Ah , Nick :p

I liked him , but enough of the story now !!

Food , comfortable beds , the only thing new to them out of the jungle is room service :D

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ah , Nick :p

I liked him , but enough of the story now !!

Food , comfortable beds , the only thing new to them out of the jungle is room service :D

And the cute lovable toilet

Nicks song doing well reminds me of the time Broombridge train station was winning best train station.

It was the worst but people voted for it for a laugh. :)

John suddenly had a Scottish accent there with his parents !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭jluv

John's mam...adorable..

I'm actually finding this a little boring :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Them Jam rolls look tasty. You could see Harry begging Sandra to feed them to him in bed. Harry knew all along he was better than the rest and he had the British public behind him. Sure he used to manage Tottenham Hotspur. Harry only said Emily would be useful for his son if she wore makeup. A terrible thing to say. I wonder did many of them shave in the dunny.

• Advertisement

God that rice and beans song is enough to send me on a murderous rampage

Advertisement