Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic - camping with young kids in "normal" camping area?

Options
  • 29-08-2018 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

We've a couple of weekend tickets with camping. Myself and partner thinking of bringing our 5 year old but wondering if staying in "normal" camping area a good idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I wouldn’t.

Family area is booked out, I don’t think the regular campsite is suitable, or would be enjoyable for a child trying to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I wouldn’t.

Family area is booked out, I don’t think the regular campsite is suitable, or would be enjoyable for a child trying to sleep.

Yes, they said young kids wouldn't be allowed. Looks like only option would be to swap with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭Alkers

The only place I'd consider it would be Joplin, Charlie Chaplin or eco campsites. Don't go near the busier campsites, it would be absolutely unsuitable

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

No way would it be suitable. Plenty of people taking drugs,falling around the place out of their heads etc at all hours of the day and night. Thats what its like in wilde and hendrix anyway which are the only 2 ive camped in. Maybe a quiet corner of joplin would be suitable but i doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

I'll buy your tickets PM me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The back of Joplin would be fine. Would recommend ear defenders...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

You should try and swap tickets with someone who has a family pass but won't be bringing their kids.

nc6000 wrote: »
    You should try and swap tickets with someone who has a family pass but won't be bringing their kids.

Yes, would like to but not sure where/how to.

Car99 wrote: »
    I'll buy your tickets PM me

Thanks but I am actually looking to go so prefer to swap for tickets/family camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

back of Joplin or Chaplin will be fine (although a decent walk to the main arena)
    maybe even try the Gaeltacht campsite, as it will probably have a decent bit of room.

there was someone a few days ago on the main EP thread that had family tickets but wanted to camp in the general campsites, so might stilll have them for a swap....

e: this person:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107885514#post107885514

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=747351

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

There was someone on the main thread who had 2 extra family tickets, try find them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Originally Posted by JCreaghy View Post
    Could someone please help me, my mother bought 4 family tickets to cover her, my dad and my two little brothers. However each ticket says 1 adult 2 kids. Does that mean she bought two extra tickets? Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Thanks but I am actually looking to go so prefer to swap for tickets/family camping.

Try toutless.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Absolutely no way. Ye will be awake all night with the screaming and roaring and your child will spend years in therapy.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sadie9

Originally Posted by JCreaghy View Post
    Could someone please help me, my mother bought 4 family tickets to cover her, my dad and my two little brothers. However each ticket says 1 adult 2 kids. Does that mean she bought two extra tickets? Thank you.

Yes, she has bought too many tickets and should try to sell.
    Kids under 12 go Free. Each Adult ticket allows 2 kids under the age of 12. You just have to register the kids names via the electric Picnic website.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sadie9

Yes, would like to but not sure where/how to.

Try Adverts.ie as well. There are people there looking to swap.

sadie9 wrote: »
    Try Adverts.ie as well. There are people there looking to swap.

Yes, had a look there but only 1 that I can see. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

If you find you can't swap for family tickets, if you just show up at the main gate with your child --- they might have a heart and put you into family camping. Happened to us one year. If all else fails, camp in the Joplin campsite, it'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

One year we were in the family camping area and there was a rave in the car park right next to it :pac:

Advertisement