Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speeds have been cut to near zero

Options
  • 29-08-2018 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

when we signed roughly about 7 months ago up the max speeds we would get was only 6mb poor but workable

the issue is after about 4/6 days the speed drops to less than 1mbs but heres where it gets weird if i reset the modem it stays at 1mbs but if i change the modem to an old 
    D1000 
    the speeds go back up to 5mbs instantly 

then after 5/6 days the speeds go back to 1 mbs and i have to swap modems again 

but now i have another issue 

recently our internet speeds have gone from 6mb to .5 kbytes
    and no matter what i do nothing works speeds stays at .5kbytes

ive contacted eir support

who now tell me my max speeds would only be 3mb and no matter what i and they have tried speeds are still at .5 kbytes

this is totally unacceptable to cap my speeds like this

what do i do from here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi Stephen,

Unfortunately we would be unable to assist you with this from here as our Technical team would need to advise on this.

Did they provide you with reasoning as to why this has occurred?

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

No. And when I questioned the phone support guy who I was chatting to he couldn't tell me why speeds had been cut by half, as he was only testing the line at that current time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

I understand this is quite frustrating Stephen however, I would recommend contacting our Technical support team again on 1890 260 260 or free phone 1901 in order to have further testing and troubleshooting ti identify any possible issues.

Thanks,

Sarah

Advertisement