Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do climate change deniers and anti-environmentalists want?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Creative83 wrote: »
    It isn't settled! Stop spouting that line... It is never settled in actual science... shame your a naive fool

Of course it’s settled. And plenty of science is settled.

There’s no way that adding carbon to the atmosphere can’t warm the atmosphere.

davo10 wrote: »
    See, there you go displaying intolerance again.

I believe in climate change, vaccinations, I was in NY in 9-11, haven't a clue what an alien pyrimid is and having traveled the globe, its round alright.

People won't change their mind just because you insult them or make fun of them, if anything it lessens your argument and makes them determined to show you up for being as you yourself put it "foolish and naive". So, take a step back, and try to rationalise without having to insult the person you are discussing it with.

If you take the time to look back on my posts, I don't deny climate change, F von P posted that humans are the cause of climate change. My point then, as now, is that human behaviour contributes to climate change, but it is not the only factor, and I gave an example of how climate change occurred independently of human behaviour. I am not as knowledgable as you about this, I don't really care to be honest, but that seems to rile you up, it shouldn't, you should be more tolerant of those who disagree with you and aren't as interested in it as you are. If you want respect, don't mock the people you are discussing it with.

In relation to understanding it or the capicity for revelation, I have a Science degree, I understand scientific research just a teensy weensy bit.

It doesn’t really matter if the climate changed in the past prior to human behaviour. What matters is that it is now changing because of human behaviour, and how rapidly.

You do all realise that we are on the Upside of the coldest epoch the world has ever seen?
    The last 50 thousand years are the coldest the Earth had Ever experienced,!!!

Nowhere near it.

There was a glacial period where the earth was a snowball, or very nearly, about 500M years ago. The current ice age isn’t that strong an ice age, and anyway it’s what we humans can survive in (or at least we can survive the inter glacial). The earth and life will survive long after we perish, if we do. What matters is the range of temperatures human civilisation can survive in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

All you climate change/global warming alarmists should listen to this:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

What bates me dead is how there's environmentalists who think it's somehow possible to keep the modern consumerist economy alive while getting rid of the associated environmental problems.

Surely the right job would be to turf out consumerism first and clean up the mess later? Though that would be 'going backwards' and nobody seriously wants to consider doing that. Tis almost as taboo as population control.

Nop. Apparently we can all keep going through loads of plastic and smartphones from China and buying other unnecessary sh1te and the 'circular economy' will solve our problems and the world will be saved despite more money changing hands than ever before.

Advertisement