Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bandit 600 Vs CBF600

Options
  • 30-08-2018 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Ok so I am getting a motorcycle and no not an age crisis just nessessity for commuting to work. I do not nore can we afford to run two cars.

So I am 35 AM theory test got, Licence applied for, and going straight to A licence Provisional.

IBT to be but not going to get a bike in advance of completing IBT. So i need some help to choose a bike to buy. I would love a Pre Vtec Honda VFR 600cc 00's era. If I can't get one I would settle for a Bandit or CBF600 or Fazer.

For the more advanced drivers out there, i am looking for your advice??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The Vfr is an 800cc and me personally would put the bandit at the end of the list you provided.
    What will you be using the bike for and what kind of roads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

1. VFR
    2 CBF
    3.Fazer
    4. Just about anything else.
    99. Bandit.

If you're tall'ish would you consider a Suzuki DL650, Versys 650 or even a BMW f650gs?.

If you're considering a VFR go for the Vtec. The earlier gear driven cam VFR's are great, but they're very old now (most Vtecs aren't youngsters either) and probably better suited for more experienced bikers with some mechanical skills, otherwise you won't keep it too long before moving it along.. But this is just my own opinion, others might not agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

VFR800 VTEC is a great bike but probably one to grow into. It's a heavy bike with clip ons so not great for learning. Typically people recommend to avoid faired bikes for your first bike in case you drop it, fairings aren't cheap. 
    The Fazer is very well reviewed as a starter bike. I'm on the CBF1000GT currently which is based on the the CBF600 which came first and would have to recommend it based on handling, comfort and everyday usability. Nice upright riding position means it's beginner friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

zubair wrote: »
    I'm on the CBF1000GT currently which is based on the the CBF600 which came first and would have to recommend it based on handling, comfort and everyday usability. Nice upright riding position means it's beginner friendly.

We use the 600 on our learners course in work, they're a fantastic bike.

Advertisement