If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55" TV Recommendation

Options
  • 30-08-2018 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hello, 

I am looking to buy a 55" TV. It will be wall mounted in a sitting room. Looking for a good quality picture - it will be used with SkyQ to watch sport/movies etc. 

My budget is €700-€850. 

Do you have a tv you would recommend? I am currently looking at the below:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203214-401774.aspx?swapstore=1

Would this be a good option, or what would be the best value for money for a good quality TV?

Thanks in advance! 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

GreenPen wrote: »
    Hello, 

I am looking to buy a 55" TV. It will be wall mounted in a sitting room. Looking for a good quality picture - it will be used with SkyQ to watch sport/movies etc. 

My budget is €700-€850. 

Do you have a tv you would recommend? I am currently looking at the below:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203214-401774.aspx?swapstore=1

Would this be a good option, or what would be the best value for money for a good quality TV?

Thanks in advance! 
    Hi GreenPen.

The 55SJ810 is a cracking television and has been selling well! If you have a read over some of the other threads you will see how happy people have been with these after purchasing them.

They are currently in stock and ready to ship :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭GreenPen

Thanks Kenny!

Do you have a wall mount that you would recommend, and do you recommend that they tilt or swivel?

Thanks,

Thanks Kenny!

Do you have a wall mount that you would recommend, and do you recommend that they tilt or swivel?

Thanks,
    Hi GreenPen.

I really depends if you want it to tilt or swivel yourself.

For a Flat to the wall there is the Sanus VLL5 priced at £59.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12678-vll5.aspx

For a tilt there is the BLT2 priced at £99.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202750-blt2-b1.aspx

For Swivel there is the BLF213 priced at £129.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202745-blf213-b1.aspx

Let me know which would suit and i can see if i can offer a bit of a deal on the bracket.

Thanks Kenny

I think I will go for the tilt version. Can you let me know if you can do a deal?

Thanks again, 

Thanks Kenny

I think I will go for the tilt version. Can you let me know if you can do a deal?

Thanks again, 
    Hey GreenPen.

I could do the bracket for 83 Euro along with the TV.

Total would be 812 Euro all in delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Armitage1k

Snipped by Moderator

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Armitage1k,

I’ve snipped your post above. Please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum, queries here are for RS to answer, opinion/advice from Boardies is not appropriate here.

Ritz.

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment

Armitage1k,

I’ve snipped your post above. Please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum, queries here are for RS to answer, opinion/advice from Boardies is not appropriate here.

Ritz.
    Cheers Ritz.

Hi Kenny

Thanks for this. Can we make it €800 and I will order today? How do I process the order with the discount?

Thanks, 

Hi Kenny

Thanks for this. Can we make it €800 and I will order today? How do I process the order with the discount?

Thanks, 
    Hey GreenPen.

Very lowest I can go would be 805 Euro.

At the 729 Euro  on the TV is already lower than its £649 price.

There is only one of these now left in stock and its already been taken off of the website.

I have it temporarily held here for you.

Let me know if you would like to go for it.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny

Thanks for this. I will go for it, Let me know how to process payment and order etc. 

Thanks,

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

unfortunately we are just now out of stock of the LG 55SJ810 - I should hear if we are getting fresh stocks over the next few days and we will keep you posted..

..Apologies for the inconvenience,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John

Kenny mentioned he had held one for me so it should still be there - can you check?

Thanks,

Hi John

Kenny mentioned he had held one for me so it should still be there - can you check?

Thanks,
    Green if you could drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with 55SJ810 and your real name I'll check it out for you - there are a couple already on order fully paid held - I'll check it out for you and revert,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John

Thanks,
    Hey GreenPea.

I had one temp reserved for you but unfortunately I have just found out our main warehouse have ran out of stock and could not supply the ones we had on order that sold online over night. Because of this we have had to use the stock here at our store to cover these.

In a matter of day all our main warehouse stock has sold.

I have requested an ETA to check on more stock arriving and I will revert ASAP on this.

Apologies!!!

Thanks Kenny

Please revert to me ASAP - hoping to order and get it delivered as I have a Sky install booked and want to ensure I have the TV in time for that. 

Thanks,

Thanks Kenny

Please revert to me ASAP - hoping to order and get it delivered as I have a Sky install booked and want to ensure I have the TV in time for that. 

Thanks,
    Will do GreenPen.

I'll check again first thing in the morning.

Hi Kenny

Hopefully you have good news for me this morning?

Thanks

Hi Kenny

Hopefully you have good news for me this morning?

Thanks
    Hey GreenPen.

Our warehouse are still trying to chase up an ETA for us.

I'll give them another shout after lunch time and see what they can tell me.

Hi Kenny

Any update?

Thanks,

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny

Any update?

Thanks,
    Hi GreenPen.

Still no ETA as of yet.

There are none listed on our incoming stock sheets for the next week at least.

When are you having Sky Q installed?

It is scheduled for Monday.

Are there any other alternatives which would be the same or better in terms of TV quality at a similar price?

Thanks,

It is scheduled for Monday.

Are there any other alternatives which would be the same or better in terms of TV quality at a similar price?

Thanks,
    Green,

apologies again for this model running out - I suspect that it is now finished as there are none on our delivery schedule from LG.

We dont have anything exactly similar at the same price - the closest would be the LG replacement which is a much upgraded LG 55SK8100 which currently retails at £899 / €999:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203297-401866.aspx

Due to the lack on stock on the 55SJ810 I could offer you one of the LG 55SK8100 at just £799 / €899 if you were interested?

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John

The TV looks great. Thanks re the discount. Could you include the bracket within the price too? €805 to €899 is already a significant jump!

Thanks,

Green,

unfortunately we just don't have the margin to include the BLT2 Bracket - it's a £99 / €119 bracket but I'll do it at 1/2 price for you ie. £49 / €59 if you are interested?

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John

Thanks for this - appreciate the proposed discounts. The total price is a bit expensive - what would be the step down in TV's but still of a good quality? Would be open to Samsung or LG. 

Thanks,

Green,

no problem - if you went for the LG 55SK8100 and could work with a flat on wall rather than a tilt bracket I can include the Flat bracket in the TV price

Alternatively you could look at the LG 55UK6750 - I have literally ONE of these that I can do at just £629 / €729:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203295-401863.aspx

...Keep us posted!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John

Thanks for the offer. Happy to go with the 55SK8100 and the flat wall bracket. Please let me know how to proceed with ordering. 

Thanks, 

Karen

Hi John

Thanks for the offer. Happy to go with the 55SK8100 and the flat wall bracket. Please let me know how to proceed with ordering. 

Thanks, 

Karen
    Hey Karen.

No problem at all.

If you drop me over your contact number in a PM we can give you a call first thing in the morning.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.