Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A/R/TIST IN THE SPOTLIGHT - Murph_D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Great choice. Hopefully I'm not repeating any questions;

Jaysus, another very long set of Qs. Good job I’m injured this week!
    1. What's the worst you've ever felt in a race ie when, where and why?

I had to think about this. Which suggests (again) that maybe I don’t hurt enough in races. I suppose the standout is the second half of Boston Marathon 2016, where there were whole stages that felt like wading through syrup, and at one point I realised I was a whole 5k behind where I’d thought I was. A lot of the Irish contingent suffered that day, as it was unseasonably warm, but the locals seemed to be doing fine, so the disillusionment with being passed by streams of runners for what felt like hours and hours was very humbling indeed. And I believe I was in the best shape of my life going in, to make matters worse. Should have adapted the expectations to match the conditions and salvaged a respectable run, but hindsight is wonderful.
    2. Aside from Dublin what's the best race you've taken part in?

Depends how you define ‘best’. In terms of organisation, the same Boston marathon. In terms of sheer enjoyment, maybe Run The Line last year, although I wasn’t racing it. Howth's Fat Turkey 10k is a blast too. In terms of atmosphere, the Road Relays. In terms of performance, the recent 800m at Tullamore, by a country mile.
    3. Do you have a favorite distance to race?

I’ve already declared 10m and I’ll stick to that. I’m disappointed to have to drop out of tomorrow’s Frank Duffy, a race I’ve done every year since 2012.
    4. Have you enjoyed your XC experiences?

Do I look like I’m enjoying myself here?

12540568_1688837281372509_1413123155746636851_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=14184c5474f7e64b43d05d6effe1b2fe&oe=5BFE56DB

I was delighted not to get lapped in this year’s Dublin Masters. But the endless 4-mile BHAA race in Tymon Park last January felt like the hardest yet. It certainly toughens you up!
    5. Whos your hero?

Anna and I were once in a restaurant in Greece, where the walls were lined with stunning, haunting, black and white pictures of rugged-looking men and women in a mountain village somewhere. We asked the owner about them, and he said simply, "These are my heroes" - the ordinary people of his home village, who had, he believed, done extraordinary things in their lives.

My heroes tend to be people like that too - quiet, unsung heroes who fight against the odds, usually anonymously, for the greater good of everyone.
    6. Proudest moment outside of running?

The birth of my daughters.
    7. Biggest disappointment in running?

Getting whipped by Bungy Girl in The Lakes 10k smackdown! :pac:

Apart from that - I’ve missed many targets, but I tend not to dwell on bad results - they’re all part of the process. To be honest, the most disappointing miss was probably the 4:02 on my marathon debut.
    8. Best Guinness in Dublin?

Gaffney’s in Fairview, is as good as anywhere else. Otherwise it wouldn’t be my local.
    9. Best moment in the history of professional athletics?

I’m not at all knowledgeable about athletics, strictly an armchair enthusiast, and only the big occasions at that. A lot of the big names leave me cold. My favourite moment was probably seeing Sonia O’Sullivan’s 1995 World 5,000, from a barstool in Killybegs, appropriately enough.
    10. Crisps or chocolate?

Why not both? OK, chocolate.

Enjoyed those Qs, thanks P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Murph_D wrote:
    Enjoyed those Qs, thanks P.

And great answers. Thanks for giving them so much thought. I'll be back for more by the end of the week. Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Any historically notable sessions, where you recall completely nailing it and setting yourself well up for a race?

Any particularly memorable regular runs (i.e. not sessions or races)? What was so great about them?

Did you like school? I'm guessing you liked college...

What's your fave running gear? Any particularly nice or preferred tops/shorts/etc.?

How much time do you spend on the Internet each week?

Do you participate in any other running forums/content? Or any others you keep an eye on?

Fave running books?

iPhone/Android/I don't like smartphones?

Best meal you've ever eaten?

Best restaurant in Dublin?

Top 3 concerts you've been to.

How did you meet Anna? Was it love at first sight?

What did you want to be when you grew up?

Why did you go back to college?

What music are you listening to at the moment?

Listening to any good podcasts/radio shows?

Do you listen to music when you work?

Are there any foods you don't eat?

Do you worry or have you worried much about no longer improving at running? Were decisions like focussing on 800 / moving to Raheny related to this?

Best holiday you've ever taken.

Ever seriously tempted by "the dark side"?

Best posts on A/R/T? (or at least, tell us about some posts you can easily recall 'cos they were awesome)?

Best ever threads that on A/R/T?

Historically and right now, what are the best logs on A/R/T?

Do you have any treasured running paraphernalia, like old race numbers, your first pair of running runners, Raheny 5M plaque etc.? Or at least hang on to any of it? Or is it straight into the bin?

1. Your worst running-related injury?
    I’ve been fortunate enough on this front, relatively injury-free over the seven years since I took up running. I have a prolapsed disc - predating my running days - that gives me trouble every so often (the source of my unplanned rest this week). I was out for about three months with it in the winter of 2013/2014. Mostly good since then, with just the odd niggle.
    2. What's your profession?
    I’m the world’s oldest entry-level academic! My field is film/media studies, and i used to work in TV, video, and advertising production.
    3. Most embarassing moment of your life?
    That’s a good one. You don’t get to my age without making a show of yourself (maybe literally) at least once. Won’t say any more than that, but you can take it that it’s about as embarrassing as you can possibly get. ;)
    4. Most scenic place you've ever run?
    So many. Nafplio, Greece, followed by the Dolomites, Italy, the Bavarian Alps, St. John’s Point, Donegal, and of course Clontarf!

Thanks for that mercifully short list. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Murph_D wrote: »
    I’ve been fortunate enough on this front, relatively injury-free over the seven years since I took up running. I have a prolapsed disc - predating my running days - that gives me trouble every so often (the source of my unplanned rest this week). I was out for about three months with it in the winter of 2013/2014. Mostly good since then, with just the odd niggle.

I’m the world’s oldest entry-level academic! My field is film/media studies, and i used to work in TV, video, and advertising production.

That’s a good one. You don’t get to my age without making a show of yourself (maybe literally) at least once. Won’t say any more than that, but you can take it that it’s about as embarrassing as you can possibly get. ;)

So many. Nafplio, Greece, followed by the Dolomites, Italy, the Bavarian Alps, St. John’s Point, Donegal, and of course Clontarf!

Thanks for that mercifully short list. :)

For some reason I thought you were a Doctor :)

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Advertisement

For some reason I thought you were a Doctor :)

More of a quack!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Singer stole all the leftover questions!

1. Have you ever considered trying other sports? Golf doesn't count! so I'm really asking about cycling or swimming.

2. What would you do if you couldn't run any more?

3. You mentioned RTL as being a race you really enjoyed, would you consider including more mountain or trail races in the future?

4. Will you cycle to work now?!

5. Is Dublin 5 in a row inevitable? (I don't necessarily think so but interested to hear your thoughts on the progression of Mayo, Tyrone and possibly even Kildare next year.

108 parkruns?!!! Nice :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

5. Is Dublin 5 in a row inevitable? (I don't necessarily think so but interested to hear your thoughts on the progression of Mayo, Tyrone and possibly even Kildare next year.

I’ll go out on a limb here and say Galway footballers will be the ones to break Dublin’s run of All-Ireland’s. Ye read it here first.

OOnegative wrote: »
    I’ll go out on a limb here and say Galway footballers will be the ones to break Dublin’s run of All-Ireland’s. Ye read it here first.

Maybe, but not during the 5-in-a-row season!

Maybe, but not during the 5-in-a-row season!

Just need a modern day Seamus Darby to push Philly McMahon in the back next year and the 5 in a row dream is gone!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

I was about to post when I saw Singers questions which will take you a while to get through!

skyblue46 wrote: »
    I was about to post when I saw Singers questions which will take you a while to get through!

Post away. It will be percolating away in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

1. Does being in a club help your training and performance or is it either a social plus or a way of making sure you go to training.

2. Man of the Match in your opinion today?

3. Do goodie bags matter?

4. Will we make good clubmates? B team perhaps?

Singer wrote: »

Some list, B. Now that I’ve cracked open a Dubs 4-in-a-row celebratory beer, I’ll have a crack at it. I presume the idea is to say the first thing that comes into my head? :p I’ll probably break this one down into a few posts, if you don’t mind.
    Any historically notable sessions, where you recall completely nailing it and setting yourself well up for a race?

Of the marathon plans I’ve done, I think the meno plan had the most interesting MLRs and LRs. 20 miles with 10 easy, 10 steady, or 22 with 10 at MP. I did that plan a few times and always nailed those long runs (including the 14 @ MP two and a half weeks out, and always went into the race full of confidence, and usually got the result I was looking for, including my first Boston qualifier.
    Any particularly memorable regular runs (i.e. not sessions or races)? What was so great about them?

First time I ran the Dodder all the way to Tallaght. I mean, all the way to Tallaght! I’d never have considered it was even possible to run to Tallaght not so long ago.
    Did you like school? I'm guessing you liked college...

I had a lot of good teachers but i didn’t like secondary school and got a very mediocre leaving cert (failing maths) and was lucky to scrape into college at all. That first college attempt (studying architecture in DIT Bolton St) was a disaster, but a couple of years later, after travelling abroad for a while, I found my gear at NIHE (now DCU), studying Communications (which at the time everyone assumed had something to do with telephones).
    What's your fave running gear? Any particularly nice or preferred tops/shorts/etc.?

I do have preferred tops and shorts, and I always try to wear something I like during races or difficult sessions. I’ve started drifting away from the ‘free’ race tops in recent times, in favour of something a little more comfortable, as I find some of the free stuff a bit scratchy.

Tops - a few Nike Dri-Fit tees, and a finely woven Penn tee, which is probably a tennis shirt. Also a nice Asics singlet, the one supplied for DCM pacing in 2015.

Shorts - a regular in the rotation is an old pair by North Face, so probably hiking shorts. Very comfortable, with good pockets (I like proper pockets). Several pairs of Nike Dri-FIt which I find very comfortable (all about the quality of the inner lining).

Socks - always race in 1,000 mile, regardless of the distance!

Shoes - see previous post.
    How much time do you spend on the Internet each week?

Probably too much - but I’ve always consumed a lot of media and it’s pretty much all delivered via the net these days. If you’re watching Netflix you’re on the net. WhatsApp has replaced phone calls as well as email and other IM plafforms. News sources, podcasts (or what we used to call ‘radio docs’) - it’s all included. A lot of my work related research is net-assisted, as most academic journals etc are more easily accessible and searchable online. I spend a bit of time on Boards and Facebook, but don’t really browse aimlessly, and try to stay away from Buzzfeed and other fake news sites!

… to be continued.

Do you participate in any other running forums/content? Or any others you keep an eye on?

Not really. The odd Runners World article, but only if I come across the link somewhere else. Letsrun leaves me cold.
    Fave running books?

I quite enjoyed Murakami’s What I Think About When I Think About Running, although more for his observations about life, as he didn’t seem to be a particularly good runner - I mean he was slower than me!

I have copies of Pfitzinger’s Advanced Marathoning and Faster Road Running, as well as Jack Daniels’ Daniels Running Method and of course the Hanson books (kindle versions only, which is a bit annoying).
    iPhone/Android/I don't like smartphones?

iPhone.
    Best meal you've ever eaten?

Although I can (and do) eat anything, and I used to be an enthusiastic cook, ultimately I’m a meat and two veg man. But the best dish i can remember was a simple plate of onions and tomatoes in a little seaside restaurant on the Bay of Naples. It was a starter, and it cost about two euro, and it was incredible.
    Best restaurant in Dublin?

Chapter One on Parnell Square. Pricy but it’s worth it!

… to be continued.

Top 3 concerts you've been to.

So many memorable shows and so unfair to rank them, but off the top of my head…

1. The Smiths, SFX, 1984. There’s a recording available here, although I’ve never listened to it as it might spoil the memory.
    2. U2 at the TV club, 1980, Boy tour.
    3. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Royal Hospital, 2018.
    How did you meet Anna? Was it love at first sight?

I met Anna on the first day of college, and asked her out three years later. :pac:
    What did you want to be when you grew up?

Fireman (the word firefighter hadn’t been invented yet). :p
    Why did you go back to college?

It was a long-held ambition to go back and do a masters, because I wanted to explore the theoretical side of the media practice I was involved in. Ironically, the economic downturn provided the opportunity when my freelance production work dried up overnight and I had some time on my hands. I enjoyed the experience immensely, did well, and was encouraged by the DCU faculty to go further, including a scholarship, so I continued on to the doctorate (where I was really, really out of my comfort zone, but survived).

… TBC.

What music are you listening to at the moment?

A Coral Room (Kate Bush). I don’t try to keep up with the cutting edge anymore (not that Iever did, really). Mainstream indie kind of tastes.
    Listening to any good podcasts/radio shows?

Last podcast series I listened to was West Cork - a good take on the Sophie de Plantier murder, but as A wisely pointed out, the podcasters got very little input or cooperation from the West Cork natives (it was all from the ‘blow in’ POV).
    Do you listen to music when you work?

Not usually. Housework, yes.
    Are there any foods you don't eat?

Tofu. Yech!
    Do you worry or have you worried much about no longer improving at running? Were decisions like focussing on 800 / moving to Raheny related to this?

I don’t worry about this at all. I’m a mid-pack journeyman, and I have a few quite motivational targets (e.g. sub-3:20 M, sub-70 10m) and I think I can get there. The 800 was all about doing something a bit different and seeing could I do it reasonably well (sub 2:30). Moving clubs is mainly for social reasons, I don’t think it will change much from a competitive point of view.
    Best holiday you've ever taken.

Last year’s visit to the Peloponnese, divided mainly between Nafplio and Kardamyli (thanks again to laura_ac for the suggestion).
    Ever seriously tempted by "the dark side"?

Not at all. Enjoy watching it on the telly though.
    Best posts on A/R/T? (or at least, tell us about some posts you can easily recall 'cos they were awesome)?

Krusty on what makes a real runner.

Dubgal’s road relay gold, which I recently and shamelessly referenced on my own log.

Best ever threads that on A/R/T?

The Running Master was the most memorable - for the right reasons as well as the wrong ones.
    Historically and right now, what are the best logs on A/R/T?

There are a lot of great logs. For me, the very best place the writer’s running experiences and philosophy in the context of wider reflection of life, the universe and everything, and the writer is willing to go beyond the numbers to reveal something deeply personal.

Historically, Krusty, claralara, Dubgal. Right now (or relatively recently) TbL, OOnegative, Bungy Girl, denisB (please come back to us, D and BG!)
    Do you have any treasured running paraphernalia, like old race numbers, your first pair of running runners, Raheny 5M plaque etc.? Or at least hang on to any of it? Or is it straight into the bin?

I keep all my race numbers in a manilla folder. I have a vague long term plan to use them as wallpaper somewhere, possibly in the jacks! (Maybe toilet paper would be a better idea). :eek:

Most of the marathon medals go in a drawer, but I have a for the milestone ones, and another hook for the masters county/provincial/national bling. Neither hook is on public display. Don’t keep the gear - old runners go in the bin. The Raheny plaques are on my desk, and if it wasn’t for the the Jingle Bells and Ballycotton and Race Series mugs we would have nothing to drink out of.

Cheers, Brian. You’ve made me think about a few things there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Last podcast series I listened to was West Cork - a good take on the Sophie de Plantier murder, but as A wisely pointed out, the podcasters got very little input or cooperation from the West Cork natives (it was all from the ‘blow in’ POV).

I loved that series. Have you read this article? It’s an interesting take on it. https://villagemagazine.ie/index.php/2018/07/did-gardai-target-bailey-to-shield-sophies-killer-by-gemma-odoherty/

Kellygirl wrote: »
    I loved that series. Have you read this article? It’s an interesting take on it. https://villagemagazine.ie/index.php/2018/07/did-gardai-target-bailey-to-shield-sophies-killer-by-gemma-odoherty/

Thanks K - I’ll have a look at that. Yet another angle? :eek: The ‘wild horse’ theory was my favourite.

Ah some great Q’s & A’s in here, well done. Very enjoyable.

• Advertisement

Ah some great Q’s & A’s in here, well done. Very enjoyable.

Fire away, B. Last chance!

Singer stole all the leftover questions!
    1. Have you ever considered trying other sports? Golf doesn't count! so I'm really asking about cycling or swimming.

What am I going to start at this stage? Bowling? :) Ferris has taken up tennis, maybe he’ll invite me for a game and give me a few lessons. I enjoy cycling but strictly recreational and the idea of racing in a group at speed, especially downhill, scares the crap out of me! Swimming, as I think we were discussing recently - would love to get better at it. Took a fairly long set of one on one lessons a few years ago but never mastered the breathing. Might get back to it at some stage.
    2. What would you do if you couldn't run any more?

Start going to the cinema again, probably. And walking, which I’ve always enjoyed - might get more extreme about it. The Mrs would approve.
    3. You mentioned RTL as being a race you really enjoyed, would you consider including more mountain or trail races in the future?

I would. My da did the Warriors at least once so I’d like to try that. But sure - why not? It’s all about having or makin the time, I guess. This year it was track, next year might be different.
    4. Will you cycle to work now?!

Yes, yes I will!

I’m a poor analyst of GAA, and any sport really. I’m more about the spectacle than the fine tactical points. But yes, it’s definitely on, and it will be an incredible, and deserved, achievement, if they pull it off. Can’t see anyone improving enough next year to mount a real challenge, but I hope someone does.

Is that a question? :pac: I’ve only raced about a dozen of those, mind. But yes, parkrun is the business.

Thanks AM.

Ferris, the John McEnroe of the St Anne’s tennis courts!!!

OOnegative wrote: »
    Ferris, the John McEnroe of the St Anne’s tennis courts!!!

LOL. He looks the part anyway, but far too well brought up for the foul-mouthed bit!

1. What’s your take on this new book “Leo”. Do you buy the line that the authors were going to write the book whether Leo approved or not? Do you think that he may have actually approached the authors to write it?

2. Positive, negative or an even split for the 800m?

3. I reckon you’d make a great mod, would you consider it if asked?

4. Have you ever considered mountain running?

5. Did you hand back your cru vest?

skyblue46 wrote: »
    1. Does being in a club help your training and performance or is it either a social plus or a way of making sure you go to training.

I think this is different for everyone. I never had a problem motivating myself to train, as I just enjoy running, and I look forward to the tough sessions. Sure, those sessions can be easier in a club context, because it’s usually easier to run a session with others. The danger is that you can get sucked in and end up running with too fast a group, or getting competitive with the wrong people. I see it happen all the time. Often the runner just doesn’t know - I am constantly surprised by how little some runners seem to know know about training and just do what everyone else is doing. In that case you’d be hoping a coach will step in, but in a big club you just don’t get that kind of attention unless you ask for it (and possibly not even then, as many clubs are short of good coaches).

The social aspect is more important for some than others. It’s one reason I’m moving myself, as I know a lot of the people there already. Certainly not for the clubhouse facilities anyway!
    2. Man of the Match in your opinion today?

It’s a bit of a cliché to say, but one of the greatest things about this Dublin team, despite having so many gifted individual players, is how they work for each other and for the team. Very little ego on display, which is a credit to the manager (who I find infuriatingly bland in his media appearances, but that’s one of his great strengths too, to always say the right thing about players, fans, opponents). For me, if there is ever a MOTM it’s usually Cluxton. No other keeper is so thoroughly integrated into the system of play. And he’s bloody reliable, most of the time.
    3. Do goodie bags matter?

The Raheny 5 goodie bag is the only one that matters!
    4. Will we make good clubmates? B team perhaps?

Ah, that’s great news, hadn’t realised you’d decided. The M50 scene is competitive, but you will thrive. I’ll be happy with C or D myself! See you out there.

Cheers, S.

1. What’s your take on this new book “Leo”. Do you buy the line that the authors were going to write the book whether Leo approved or not? Do you think that he may have actually approached the authors to write it?

Ha ha. I don’t know a lot about it, except for what I heard in an interview with the authors on RTE radio. Put it this way - Leo seems to have been remarkably cooperative, and the fact that one of the lads is apparently a ‘government advisor’ can’t have done any harm in terms of suggesting where his loyalties lie. So I suspect it’s possibly less impartial/critical than it might otherwise have been. But I’ll reserve judgement till I’ve read it (if I ever read it, which I probably won’t).
    2. Positive, negative or an even split for the 800m?

Ran it all wrong. Big 3-second negative split (75, 72), which is not how you’re supposed to run an 800, by all accounts. Considering I spent six months thinking about the race, it’s bizarre that I didn’t spend more time thinking about how to properly run it. And I didn’t get in as many tune-up 800s as I’d hoped - only one, in fact. All of which gives me confidence that I can do better next time. But don’t get me wrong, I’m very happy with the result. If there’s a next time I’ll target the medal more agressively.
    3. I reckon you’d make a great mod, would you consider it if asked?

Not a hope.
    4. Have you ever considered mountain running?

Thought you might ask that - see answer to AGYR’s q. I’ve already run a ‘tester’ (Run The Line) which I took very handy as I was a bit wary, and still a bit jaded after DCM. Enjoyed it and have signed up again for this year, although that will be handy again as it’s the week after NY marathon. I’d be wary that my back issue might be a bit of a handicap for this kind of running, however -uneven surfaces don’t really agree with me. Great fun though.
    5. Did you hand back your cru vest?

I didn’t - do you want one? ;)

Thanks for the Qs.

Ha ha. I don’t know a lot about it, except for what I heard in an interview with the authors on RTE radio. Put it this way - Leo seems to have been remarkably cooperative, and the fact that one of the lads is apparently a ‘government advisor’ can’t have done any harm in terms of suggesting where his loyalties lie. So I suspect it’s possibly less impartial/critical than it might otherwise have been. But I’ll reserve judgement till I’ve read it (if I ever read it, which I probably won’t).

Ran it all wrong. Big 3-second negative split (75, 72), which is not how you’re supposed to run an 800, by all accounts. Considering I spent six months thinking about the race, it’s bizarre that I didn’t spend more time thinking about how to properly run it. And I didn’t get in as many tune-up 800s as I’d hoped - only one, in fact. All of which gives me confidence that I can do better next time. But don’t get me wrong, I’m very happy with the result. If there’s a next time I’ll target the medal more agressively.

Not a hope.

Thought you might ask that - see answer to AGYR’s q. I’ve already run a ‘tester’ (Run The Line) which I took very handy as I was a bit wary, and still a bit jaded after DCM. Enjoyed it and have signed up again for this year, although that will be handy again as it’s the week after NY marathon. I’d be wary that my back issue might be a bit of a handicap for this kind of running, however -uneven surfaces don’t really agree with me. Great fun though.

I didn’t - do you want one? ;)

Thanks for the Qs.
    You’re not far wrong on the first answer, I have the inside track;)

Nah, I have two different club vests as is, it’s enough for now.

Ta for the answers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Some list, B.

Thanks for the excellent answers :)

All those interview skills I've gotten through work finally come in useful. Next, could you tell me about a time you were working on a project that wasn't going well? :pac:
    Although I can (and do) eat anything, and I used to be an enthusiastic cook, ultimately I’m a meat and two veg man. But the best dish i can remember was a simple plate of onions and tomatoes in a little seaside restaurant on the Bay of Naples. It was a starter, and it cost about two euro, and it was incredible.

How were they cooked?

That reminds me of this recipe that I came across this year, which is as simple as you can get (though time is an essential ingredient, it simply can't be rushed) and is utterly amazing: https://www.thekitchn.com/marcella-hazans-amazing-4ingre-144538
    Chapter One on Parnell Square. Pricy but it’s worth it!

Agreed there.
    Tofu. Yech!

I find fried tofu very moreish, we may have to agree to disagree on that.
    The Running Master was the most memorable - for the right reasons as well as the wrong ones.

Hmm, I started reading it last night. It's a bit weird and kind of feels like a reading a slow car crash.

Anyway, thanks again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Morning,

NY will be your second US marathon. As a former resident you wouldn't extend your stay and go on holidays or you prefer Europe as a destination?

What's the NY marathon target actually, a tourist run or racing it?

Does A really drive the smart car to Donegal and not moan about the horrific journey?

Favourite pacing gig to date? Any race/person you would like to pace?

Would you do another Ultra? Donadea again or anything else on the list?

Flat or hilly course for a challenge in a race. Do you shy away from difficult courses if you can't get a PB or do it for an experience.

When are we coming over for your lasanga again?

Ever go skiing or not and regret it?

Why don't you like hiking?

Advertisement