Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

split stomach muscles during pregnancy

Options
  • 30-08-2018 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

So I'm developing split stomach muscles (going into 3rd trimester) and pregnancy physio wants me to wear a tubular type bandage that goes under bra line and covers bump. Its like a support. Has anyone else had this or worn one of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

Yeh I'm wearing one. I find it a tiny bit itchy but not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

lunamoon wrote: »
    Yeh I'm wearing one. I find it a tiny bit itchy but not too bad.

Feels a bit tight but guess I'm on day 1 of wearing it! She said to stretch it out on the back of a chair and that might help.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Is it like a giant one of the ones you'd wear on a sprained ankle? I had one on my first pregnancy and found it a great relief for the back and pelvis pain I had. I actually wore one after the birth this time for a bit of support and it really helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

Toots wrote: »
    Is it like a giant one of the ones you'd wear on a sprained ankle? I had one on my first pregnancy and found it a great relief for the back and pelvis pain I had. I actually wore one after the birth this time for a bit of support and it really helped.

Yeah its massive, think I need to stretch it out a bit though on the back of a chair as find it a bit too tight!

Advertisement