Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fat Freddy

• 30-08-2018 2:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭

Any thoughts? Found guilty of Murder a few minutes ago.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I thought this was about him losing weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Enjoy your stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭dbas

Put him in a cell with Rattigan. That'll save the country a few bob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Over-priced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Prison Sequel to Freddie got fingered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

well he was never going to be found innocent now was he!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭enricoh

Meh, enjoy rotting away Freddie. The sooner the cops get one of them to go supergrass on the kinahans the better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Glad to hear the family and friends of the victim got justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

I wonder did his mates and gang call him fat freddy to his face?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

the evidence was flimsy ...regardless of who he is and his reputation...to get a life sentence on that evidence makes a joke of our justice system.
    The standard of proof is very low at random times when it suits the court.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

the evidence was flimsy ...regardless of who he is and his reputation...to get a life sentence on that evidence makes a joke of our justice system.

It makes a joke of it almost as much as Larry Murphys sentence.

Fxxk Fat Freddy. Dogs on the street know he was guilty.

Don't lose sleep about it.

Were you in court? Did you hear all the evidence? I agree the sentences are a joke.. but there was enough evidence to convict him which they obvious did.

P.S Don't believe everything you read in the papers ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Is it too late for FF to go supergrass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

It doesnt say much for his taxpayer funded solicitor, junior counsel and senior counsel if he was convicted so. I have no doubt that they will hit a few more pay days in the Court of Criminal Appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

No need to body shame him op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

No need to body shame him op

Ya. Even murderers have feelings and we shouldnt hurt his feelings. He probably have insecurities because of his fat head already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Who?

A link would not go amiss.

1288263-keedspills.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

biko wrote: »
    Who?

A link would not go amiss.

1288263-keedspills.jpg
    Fat Freddys cat was the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Personally I don't approve of the Special Criminal Court at all, but I'm glad to see this scumbag behind bars. It's not so much about this case though - he should have got a longer sentence for the previous crimes he was convicted of in the 2000s. He had 29 previous convictions for gang related crime and general violent thuggery, that in and of itself should be enough to jail someone for the rest of their life. He shouldn't have been out at the time that this offence was committed.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/fat-freddie-profile-30957226.html

A description of the life this guy has led. Murder or no murder, people like this shouldn't be welcome in Irish society.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not saying I believe he's not guilty of the murder he's just been 'convicted' of, I just don't believe in a trial which doesn't involve a randomly selected, impartial jury.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Personally I don't approve of the Special Criminal Court at all, but I'm glad to see this scumbag behind bars. It's not so much about this case though - he should have got a longer sentence for the previous crimes he was convicted of in the 2000s. He had 29 previous convictions for gang related crime and general violent thuggery, that in and of itself should be enough to jail someone for the rest of their life. He shouldn't have been out at the time that this offence was committed.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/fat-freddie-profile-30957226.html

A description of the life this guy has led. Murder or no murder, people like this shouldn't be welcome in Irish society.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not saying I believe he's not guilty of the murder he's just been 'convicted' of, I just don't believe in a trial which doesn't involve a randomly selected, impartial jury.

Yeah, with no possibility of that randomly selected impartial jury being threatened and possibly having to enter witness protection when Fat Freddie's cronies find out who they are and where they live if they find someone guilty?

If you can't understand why the Special Criminal Court is in place then I suggest you read up on it instead of being sympathetic towards scummy gangsters. You can dress it up whatever way you want, but you're more concerned about the SCC rather than Freddie being put away which is a little alarming in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Faugheen wrote: »
    Yeah, with no possibility of that randomly selected impartial jury being threatened and possibly having to enter witness protection when Fat Freddie's cronies find out who they are and where they live if they find someone guilty?

If you can't understand why the Special Criminal Court is in place then I suggest you read up on it instead of being sympathetic towards scummy gangsters. You can dress it up whatever way you want, but you're more concerned about the SCC rather than Freddie being put away which is a little alarming in my opinion.

I understand why it's in place, but I believe that the principle of trial by an impartial jury is too fundamental to ever compromise on. I've always thought that an anonymous jury would be a better way to handle things - but the idea of judges, who as members of the political establishment do tend to have an agenda, deciding guilt or innocence without any input from a jury is, in my view, profoundly undemocratic,

I'm absolutely glad that Freddie has been put away for the reasons I've already stated. He should have been in jail already anyway, regardless of whether he's guilty in this case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Any thoughts? Found guilty of Murder a few minutes ago.

Keeping the head down in there, he'll be out in 9 with time served. Baldy c*nt.

Even with that worst case scenario, surely doing nine years in jail pretty much obliterates one's gangland "social network"? The entire landscape of that underworld will be utterly different by the time he gets out, with many of the current crop likely either murdered or jailed and new crews emerging to take their place.

Even if he does get out too soon, the passing of time and separation from the "scene" could essentially neuter his ability to play an active part. One can hope, anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

How do Mr. Big and Billy Baked Beans manage to keep out of this 'feud'?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

benny79 wrote: »
    Were you in court? Did you hear all the evidence? I agree the sentences are a joke.. but there was enough evidence to convict him which they obvious did.

P.S Don't believe everything you read in the papers ;)

You only know there was enough evidence because of the papers :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Even with that worst case scenario, surely doing nine years in jail pretty much obliterates one's gangland "social network"? The entire landscape of that underworld will be utterly different by the time he gets out, with many of the current crop likely either murdered or jailed and new crews emerging to take their place.

Even if he does get out too soon, the passing of time and separation from the "scene" could essentially neuter his ability to play an active part. One can hope, anyway...

Nine years, or whatever, won't be long enough to obliterate the memories of his enemies so he will be a marked man both in prison and whenever he is released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

How clever is FF I wonder. I mean flying back into Belfast when he knew he was a wanted/hunted man was strange to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

That's easy to say until your the poor randomly selected ****er that has to find a nutter from a drug gang or terrorist group guilty of murdering a few people.you think they put much value on the life of a juror?

Edit. Beaten too it.

Hammer89 wrote: »
    You only know there was enough evidence because of the papers :confused:

You reckon? :rolleyes:

Brian Meehan is locked up 20 and hasn't got parole yet and it still doesn't look like he will be getting out any time soon. Fat Freddie will be no different.. If I was a betting man id say he will die in prison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Not sure where you are getting 9 years from. the average life sentence at the moment is 22 years. not a hope in hell of him getting out after 9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

benny79 wrote: »
    You reckon? :rolleyes:

Brian Meehan is locked up 20 and hasn't got parole yet and it still doesn't look like he will be getting out any time soon. Fat Freddie will be no different.. If I was a betting man id say he will die in prison.

Every cloud has a silver lining benny, at least he'll have a bit of time to spend with his son now!

Every cloud has a silver lining benny, at least he'll have a bit of time to spend with his son now!

Yea Karma really is a bitch :D

Should of happened years ago though imo The damage that man done.. As that programme said last night if this was in Dalkey none of this would be aloud go on.. Corruption in this country is unnatural from politicians, the police force, gangsters and the bankers there all as bad as each other and just out for what they can get.. Pure Greed.. how much we have fallen as Irish people.. It really saddenings me..

Advertisement