Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vandalised headstones in Bluebell

• 30-08-2018 3:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭

Oh FFS. I just read on thejournal.ie today that up to 30 headstones were vandalised at Bluebell Cemetery in Dublin 12 since last friday evening.

Gardai say that there were factories located nearby the cemetery with CCTV cameras installed. Gardai are putting out appeals to the public so they can catch these lowlifes. What kind of subhuman scum does this to innocent families who have their loved ones all buried there? All the families have to pay more money now to get their loved ones headstones replaced because of the actions from these little scrotes. It will make you sick.

http://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-cemetery-headstones-4209309-Aug2018/

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Probably the same mentality that mug old people at the SDCoCo Bohernabreena graveyard (Dublin 24), an ongoing issue the Council are fully aware of, and similar again to the fcukwits that burned down a kids playground in Lucan this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

thats it, i'm getting cremated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

fryup wrote: »
    thats it, i'm getting cremated

Wait till you pop your clogs first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Give a few minutes and you will have some lefty gob****e excusing them and blaming the Church or Fine Gael or Rory from Wanderly Wagon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Probably the same mentality that mug old people at the SDCoCo Bohernabreena graveyard (Dublin 24), an ongoing issue the Council are fully aware of, and similar again to the fcukwits that burned down a kids playground in Lucan this week.

I remember a few years ago it was posh kids who desecrated a graveyard with graffiti and by smashing some headstones, the judge branded it "teenage hi-jinks" and spared them criminal records.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Doesn't get much lower than this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

tomofson wrote: »
    I remember a few years ago it was posh kids who desecrated a graveyard with graffiti and by smashing some headstones, the judge branded it "teenage hi-jinks" and spared them criminal records.

The "difficult upbringing/problems in the home" defense (often despite multitudinous brushes with the law) is the other side of the same coin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

The "difficult upbringing/problems in the home" defense (often despite multitudinous brushes with the law) is the other side of the same coin.

I know, I'm just pointing out the fact that its not always the "usual suspects."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Edgware wrote: »
    Give a few minutes and you will have some lefty gob****e excusing them and blaming the Church or Fine Gael or Rory from Wanderly Wagon

23 minutes now and still waiting. How much longer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

I blame Judge from Wanderly Wagon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

:rolleyes:

Honestly I can't put more effort into how pointless your post is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Cabaal wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Honestly I can't put more effort into how pointless your post is
    Thank you. Its good to get feedback even from the less intelligent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Thank you. Its good to get feedback even from the less intelligent

It’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭AVFC.Stephen

Just out of interest as I lived very close to a graveyard that use to be vandalised yet there was never a culprit.

What is the motive for this? I understand the idea that drunk teens lose control but it seems a common problem in the resting places of Ireland yet there is nobody on an ego trip saying things like, I wrecked 20 graves in the last month etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Just out of interest as I lived very close to a graveyard that use to be vandalised yet there was never a culprit.

What is the motive for this? I understand the idea that drunk teens lose control but it seems a common problem in the resting places of Ireland yet there is nobody on an ego trip saying things like, I wrecked 20 graves in the last month etc

feral youth, they get together as a pack and after a few flagons of cider they with dutch-courage decide to do something wild like vandalise the local community hall or the local graveyard

its all bravado, i remember the same carry on in the 80's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

This is a grave situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I bet if they find out who did it they won’t have to pay a cent towards repairing or replacing the headstones they’ve ruined. My great grandads headstone is still standing in the abbey where some of our family is buried. The headstone is mostly legible and is dated from the 1800’s. We inquired about having it cleaned but we were told it’s too old and would be considered too valuable to clean in case anything happened and it broke. The families of those people whose graves were interfered with must be very upset. Anyone that would disrupt someone’s final resting place is the lowest of the low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

fryup wrote: »
    feral youth, they get together as a pack and after a few flagons of cider they with dutch-courage decide to do something wild like vandalise the local community hall or the local graveyard

its all bravado, i remember the same carry on in the 80's

probably a dare... graveyards! Someone should dress up as a ghost, lie in wait.... they would be terrified !

speaking of graveyards, makes me sad to see neglected graves so I bring a trowel out with me and tidy some... hoping someone is doing the same for my family's grave so far away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Undoubtedly feral children of long term welfare recipients

• Advertisement

Pkiernan wrote: »

Undoubtedly feral children of long term welfare recipients

Proof, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Graces7 wrote: »
    Proof, please.

Oh.. what was I thinking? It must have been well adjusted kids from hard working, responsible tax paying parents.
    D'oh!

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Oh.. what was I thinking? It must have been well adjusted kids from hard working, responsible tax paying parents.
    D'oh!

could indeed well be. Kids from "good homes" go off the rails ... undoubtedly indeed!etely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭forward8

Bluebell is a filthy kip over-run with scumbags. You will even get gangs of anti social 10 / 11 year olds setting fire to wheelie bins in peoples gardens. Malnourished horses everywhere, massive gypo site next to the entrance and the shops are a no go area at night due to large teenage gangs.
    This doesn't even scratch the surface of what goes on there.

Advertisement