Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for somewhere to eat in North West Cavan

Options
  • 30-08-2018 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am planning a trip to north west Cavan and Fermanagh at the end of October over the bank holiday weekend to see the Cuilcagh Boardwalk, the Shannon Pot and a bit of the Cavan Burren. I was hoping to go for Sunday lunch in Nevin Maguires but it is, of course, booked out for these dates. I'm on the cancellation list but in the likely event that I don't get in I'm looking for some alternatives. Just a nice restaurant in the vicinity for dinner on Saturday night or lunch on Sunday. I'm not expecting somewhere as high-end as MacNean House but somewhere decent if there is such a place.

I haven't booked accomondation yet and will probably do so based on where I'm going to eat. Ideally it would be close to Blacklion in case I do manage to get in to Maguires but it doesn't necessarily have to be.

Does anyone have any suggestions for somewhere in this area?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭orchard farm

budgemook wrote: »
    Hi,

I am planning a trip to north west Cavan and Fermanagh at the end of October over the bank holiday weekend to see the Cuilcagh Boardwalk, the Shannon Pot and a bit of the Cavan Burren. I was hoping to go for Sunday lunch in Nevin Maguires but it is, of course, booked out for these dates. I'm on the cancellation list but in the likely event that I don't get in I'm looking for some alternatives. Just a nice restaurant in the vicinity for dinner on Saturday night or lunch on Sunday. I'm not expecting somewhere as high-end as MacNean House but somewhere decent if there is such a place.

I haven't booked accomondation yet and will probably do so based on where I'm going to eat. Ideally it would be close to Blacklion in case I do manage to get in to Maguires but it doesn't necessarily have to be.

Does anyone have any suggestions for somewhere in this area?

Thanks.

The customs house in across the bridge Belcoo is good,also olive Grove in blacklion.enniskillen has loads of options too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

The customs house in across the bridge Belcoo is good,also olive Grove in blacklion.enniskillen has loads of options too.

Enniskillen! I'll check that out.

I was thinking I'd stay in Blacklion but maybe Enniskillen would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

The courthouse in kinlough is superb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

If your up for the Drive to Enniskillen, The killyhevlin might be nice....Enniskillen would be a 20 min drive from Belcoo/blacklion area.

Advertisement