Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti money laundering laws

• 30-08-2018 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

To pay for a product I have been asked to transfer 20,000 Euro, via a Bank of Ireland bank draft, to a numbered Swiss bank account. Would this be against of anti money laundering laws?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Yes, and also against Nigerian Prince laws.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

RV2 wrote: »
    To pay for a product I have been asked to transfer 20,000 Euro, via a Bank of Ireland bank draft, to a numbered Swiss bank account. Would this be against of anti money laundering laws?

Is not even possible! You can’t transfer a bank draft anywhere, it’s a cheque drawn on a bank rather than on a person. You give it to the other party and they deposit it in their bank.

Here is the thing about numbered accounts, they don’t exist! Since the late 90s we require to know the fully identity of the client and will have not hesitation to disclose full details to the Swiss state and in most cases the authorities in other EU/EEA states, if required. So called numbered accounts are issued to private individuals for private used. Any attempt to use it as you suggest would trigger a money laundering investigation. And yes I work in Swiss banking, have done for about 25 years.

Don’t know what you are up to but this is a load of bull!

Advertisement