Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best takeaways in Swords?

Options
  • 30-08-2018 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

I'm new to the area, what is your favourite Chipper and Chinese in Swords?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The Fingal Café on Main Street is the best chipper, with the Rathbeale Takeaway a close second. The best Chinese type takeaway is Thaima in Boroimhe, in my opinion and Sanuk is the best Thai. Fabio's in Swords Manor is a great Italian takeaway, their pizzas are lovely and their meatballs in bolognese sauce with spaghetti is amazing. A lot of people say Lin Kee Chinese is excellent but I've never tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

I haven't tried the Chinese in Boroimhe but I've tried all the rest in Swords & Jade Palace in Applewood is the best Chinese takeaway imo.

It's a restaurant but they sell more takeaways.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Thai - 1. Sanuk 2. Camille Thai
    Chinese - 1. Jade Palace
    India - 1. Shagun 2. Chilli Shaker
    Pizza / Italian - 1. Fabios (The pizza is much much better than Dominos, but you can get a lot more for your money with Dominos)
    Chipper - 1. Rathbeale Takeaway 2. Fingal Café 3. Dora's

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Not a fan of chippers really but we both love Pok Pok for Thai.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Fingal Cafe & Sanuk.

I liked Food Guru for Indian but they seem to be gone?

J2 for Sushi - they deliver.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Fingal Cafe & Sanuk.

I liked Food Guru for Indian but they seem to be gone?

J2 for Sushi - they deliver.

Aye J2 are very good, I accidentally missed them off my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

best chipper for me is the roxy, although it's hard to mess up a chipper.
    chinese - don't eat chinese
    I'd recommend the grillhouse (lebanese) and J2 (japanese) also.

The italian (name escapes me at the moment) beside the now defunct empire is top notch too but I haven't gotten takeaway from them but they do it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭CWF

Think I'll go with Jade Palace tonight. Thanks everyone

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I've tried all the Indians in Swords a few times and tbh they're all pretty good but d'Chilli Shaker comes out on tops for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

humberklog wrote: »
    I've tried all the Indians in Swords a few times and tbh they're all pretty good but d'Chilli Shaker comes out on tops for me.

Agreed, The Shagun in Applewood is decent, but we've been going to Chilli Shaker for over 15 years and it's been consistently good, great place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement