Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sealing logs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭chillyspoon

Update for anyone else who has this query - yup; PVA is fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Hi everyone,

We're having a large tree taken down tomorrow - it's about 60ft or thereabouts.

It's long dead so I'm not holding out too much hope (just a little!) for its internal condition for milled timber but on the off-chance that it is ok, I'm wondering if Evo-Stick Evobond PVA would be suitable to use as a sealant to paint onto the cut surfaces because I have a bucket of it here already?

https://www.topline.ie/building-supplies/building-chemicals/adhesives-glue-tapes/pva/evo-stik/evobond-pva-1-litre

Thanks

You can buy proprietary seals such as Endseal but some people just use emulsion paint. What species is the tree and do you hope to convert it into planks ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I've used emulsion and acrylic paints on my wood turning blanks (fruit tree trimmings), also good for treating the wounds on trees after heavy pruning, no problems.

Advertisement