Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bluetooth delay

• 30-08-2018 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭

Hi Guys, hope this is the right spot.
    I have a projector and added a Bluetooth adaptor to connect to my speaker. But the sound delay maybe half a second I can't sort out. Using it with my sky channels.
    Have tried sky and projector settings but no joy...
    Any ideas???

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Hi,

If you could explain what s connected to what, starting with your source ( the SKY box ) and describe what kind of connection is used between each, someone might be able to advise or help. As an example, I have an nVidia Shield and a Minix Windows Pc and a Sony bluray player, each connected by HDMI to a Denon AV Reciever, and the Denon is connected by HDMI to my projector.

Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It's the amount of buffer in use. AFAIK this is decided by the client (speaker, headset) and usually isn't configureable. Try connecting a Bluetooth headset to confirm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭wex96

So it's a sky+HD box running into a projector via HDMI Cable. Amazon Bluetooth adaptor connected to audio out in projector which in turn is connected to a Bluetooth speaker.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

I can’t see anyway if curing the audio lag, it’s caused by the Bluetooth processing happening down stream of the projector. You could consider an AV receiver and speakers, even entry level and stereo speakers to start with, it would be a substantial upgrade sound wise and let you go to full surround later on if you liked.

Ritz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭wex96

Thanks But was hoping to go wireless. Will have to spend a few quid so!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement