Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Build €2000

Options
  • 30-08-2018 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

First time build looking to get into pc gaming

1.What is your budget? [€2000]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming GTA Battlefield Tombraider]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [No]

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Wireless Card]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Maybe]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [ASAP]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [Dublin]

This is a list of parts i picked out on pcpartpicker

CPU Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor £320.30

CPU Cooler be quiet! - Silent Loop 240 65.5 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler £108.99

Motherboard Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 £217.40

Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 £146.48

Storage - Western Digital - Blue 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £52.79 -Seagate - BarraCuda Pro 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM £104.99

Video Card - EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 GAMING iCX £705.46

Case - Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P Mesh White ATX £119.95

Power Supply - EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750W 80+ Gold Supply £129.97

Any help or tips would be great thanks

Comments

Might save yourself a bit of money with the 1080Ti deal.

https://eu.evga.com/products/featured-bundles.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I thought there were going to be 10 series Fire-Sales what with nVidia forcing excess 10 series inventory on AIB's that nVidia overproduced before the Crypto Bubble burst.

Thinkin' to myself that I'd give my 1080 to my brother (who generously gave me an 15 4670K, mobo and 8gb DDR3 for my Media server) and pick up a 1080ti (every frame counts in VR).

The current 'deals' are €750 for a 1080ti !! Jesus. How much were they selling for at the height of the Crypto bubble!!

I don't buy this BS that the 2080ti because its available at launch is really a Titan and is priced as such. Its priced at €1200+ because they know they'll sell lots to die hard lunatics anyway but more importantly, it'll make barely discounted excess 1080ti stock look like a bargain in comparison. I guarantee that the 2080ti will be down to near normal 1080ti prices within 6 months once all the excess 10 series inventory is cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 schuffler

Yes i'm going to get that EVGA deal is there anything else i need to add to list

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/schuffler/saved/#view=BhMCbv

Looks fairly solid to me. What resolution are you planning to go with?

1080p but eventually upgrade monitor to 1440p

• Advertisement

You'll have enough power to upgrade anyway to 1440p. Just get a 144hz 1080p monitor. Don't waste your time with a 60hz panel if you go with the 1080Ti.

Which motherboard should i go with the ASRock Z370 Taichi or ASUS Intel 1151 Socket Z370 Chipset Strix E D4

Both are good boards. I have the Asrock Z370 Extreme4 and haven't had any problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

schuffler wrote: »
    Yes i'm going to get that EVGA deal is there anything else i need to add to list

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/schuffler/saved/#view=BhMCbv

GamersNexus has a few different recommendations for the AIO.
    https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/3144-the-best-liquid-coolers-for-cpus-2017-holiday-sales-guide

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/schuffler/saved/#view=MsKq4D

This is the parts list I decided to go with. Is there anything else i need ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Instead of 4x8Gb RAM & 250 Gb SSD, get 2x8Gb RAM & a 500Gb 860 Evo M.2 drive.

Will be adding a 2tb ssd eventually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

1080p but eventually upgrade monitor to 1440p

Don't waste money on a 1080Ti unless s 1440p 144hz monitor is imminent.

Otherwise you'll be sitting at low usage at ultra settings in everything, it would be a bad waste.

You'd be better off getting the GTX1080 EVGA deal and using the funds to also pick up a 1440p 144hz monitor at the same time.

It also comes across to me like you're spending money for the sake of it - if you're not into overclocking (not needed for games with that CPU), and don't specifically need the features of that board (or the watercooler for that matter) - you can save literally €250 there straight away that could be put towards a monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Will be adding a 2tb ssd eventually

There are two types of SSDs, and they are very different in terms of speed.
    The one you picked, and probably the one you're thinking of for this upgrade, are SATA SSDs, with a transfer speed of no more than 600MB/sec. This is a limitation of the SATA protocol.

You should look carefully at a NVMe SSD. These only come in the m.2 form factor, but provide blistering transfer speeds, around 3000 MB/sec. You should choose one of these as your boot drive, so 500Gb size should be more than plenty, as suggested by K.O.Kiki above. I would recommend the Samsung 970 EVO.

So, you can start with a 500Gb NVMe SSD (for OS and apps) and 2TB SATA HDD (for your Steam/Uplay/Origin library, images/videos, etc). Later, you can add a large size SATA SSD (the NVMe large ones are insanely expensive) to use for games, if you still feel the need for speed.

I have already ordered a Samsung Evo 970 500 GB just waiting on parts to arrive then the fun begins with the build

Build finished thanks for answering my questions

Here is a better pic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Looks great for a first build!! How's it running for you?

Also - are you missing the shield that comes with the motherboard to cover the samsung m2 slot? (well there's two slots, but looks like the bottom one is exposed!)

No cover's came with the motherboard. It's flying thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Nice clean build. Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Lovey clean build, well done and wear her well.

Advertisement