If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55" TV and possible Denon AVRX

Options
  • 30-08-2018 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi Guys,

Apologies, this query may be a bit long...

Looking at purchasing a new 55" TV next Tuesday to replace a 2015 Samsung 55JS9000 which suffered damage while being moved a few months ago :-(

I had set my sights on the LG OLED55C8, especially when the price fell recently, however I've now noticed my other two considerations are at about the same price point in GB£ when converted back to € and am wondering could you give a recommendation or thoughts;

Sony 55A1

Query: Am I missing out on any features by purchasing last years model?

Samsung 55Q9 (I see the GB£ price has gone back up in last few days)

Pros: Really like the one connect box setup

Cons: Really disappointed Samsung stopped making panels available for my previous model 18 months after I bought it so it couldn't be repaired, also the panel suffered back light bleed in the first year so had to be replaced under warranty.

Query: Are the black levels as good as the OLEDs, is blooming eradicated on the QLED panel compared to previous LED panels?

LG OLED55C8

Query: is missing out on HDR10+ a big downside or is there anything else that would swing you towards one of the other models?

Would be great if you could give your opinion and recommendation.

Is stock an issue with any of the models, I think I saw a post on another thread saying that LG were having issues keeping up with demand. Want TV in time for Ryder Cup at the end of September :-)

Also following my experience with the lack of replacement panel for my Samsung what happens if there's a warranty issue within 6 years and there's no replacement panel available for repair?

As an addition, if I'm going to lose the one connect box setup by moving away from Samsung then I may look at upgrading my 22 year old Technics pro-logic receiver and speakers.

So am thinking of maybe trying to grab one of the last few of 2017's Denon AVRX units. Could you advise if the step-up to the 3400 over the 2400 is worth the extra investment or would you recommend go with this year’s 2500 receiver? Also are either reciever good in a stereo config for music?

If I was to go with the either Denon receiver would there be a deal to be had with them and a set of 5.1 speakers, thinking Q Acoustics maybe with floor standers or without (maybe you might have some of the old 3020/3050 units still available or are the new i series a big step-up and worth the extra) would prefer Walnut finish over black if the price jump wasn't too big. Think I'd be pushing it to look at a monitor audio bronze B5 setup...

Lastly just wondering if you're running the £39 off when you purchase two Sonos ONE speakers together deal?

Sorry for the long post and myriad of questions but will definitely be buying a TV next week.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

mr..c wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Apologies, this query may be a bit long...

Looking at purchasing a new 55" TV next Tuesday to replace a 2015 Samsung 55JS9000 which suffered damage while being moved a few months ago :-(

I had set my sights on the LG OLED55C8, especially when the price fell recently, however I've now noticed my other two considerations are at about the same price point in GB£ when converted back to € and am wondering could you give a recommendation or thoughts;

Sony 55A1

Query: Am I missing out on any features by purchasing last years model?

Samsung 55Q9 (I see the GB£ price has gone back up in last few days)

Pros: Really like the one connect box setup

Cons: Really disappointed Samsung stopped making panels available for my previous model 18 months after I bought it so it couldn't be repaired, also the panel suffered back light bleed in the first year so had to be replaced under warranty.

Query: Are the black levels as good as the OLEDs, is blooming eradicated on the QLED panel compared to previous LED panels?

LG OLED55C8

Query: is missing out on HDR10+ a big downside or is there anything else that would swing you towards one of the other models?

Would be great if you could give your opinion and recommendation.

Is stock an issue with any of the models, I think I saw a post on another thread saying that LG were having issues keeping up with demand. Want TV in time for Ryder Cup at the end of September :-)

Also following my experience with the lack of replacement panel for my Samsung what happens if there's a warranty issue within 6 years and there's no replacement panel available for repair?

As an addition, if I'm going to lose the one connect box setup by moving away from Samsung then I may look at upgrading my 22 year old Technics pro-logic receiver and speakers.

So am thinking of maybe trying to grab one of the last few of 2017's Denon AVRX units. Could you advise if the step-up to the 3400 over the 2400 is worth the extra investment or would you recommend go with this year’s 2500 receiver? Also are either reciever good in a stereo config for music?

If I was to go with the either Denon receiver would there be a deal to be had with them and a set of 5.1 speakers, thinking Q Acoustics maybe with floor standers or without (maybe you might have some of the old 3020/3050 units still available or are the new i series a big step-up and worth the extra) would prefer Walnut finish over black if the price jump wasn't too big. Think I'd be pushing it to look at a monitor audio bronze B5 setup...

Lastly just wondering if you're running the £39 off when you purchase two Sonos ONE speakers together deal?

Sorry for the long post and myriad of questions but will definitely be buying a TV next week.

Thanks
    Hi Mr..C.

Thanks for the post.

The OLED's are in my opinion the better technology compared to QLED.
    We run the 55C8 in our demo room and the picture is outstanding and worth every penny. Again for me the lack of HDR10+ is not really that off putting.
    I purchased one of the LG OLEDs at the end of last year and have never looked back.

Regarding stock of the NEW LG OLED's. There had been a shortage on the 65" version.
    Stock is low on the 55C8s priced at £1799 but there are lots of the 55C8PLA priced at £1999.00

The Sony 55A1 is the very best I have seen. We had one on demo here at our store for ages and it just stood out. Stock on these is nearly gone as it has already been replaced by the 55AF8.

The black levels on OLED are the best I've seen from the old Pioneer Plasma range. QLED also reproduces very good black levels but for me the OLEDS do it better.

As pretty much all out large TV comes with our 6 year guarantee it means that any manufacturing issue (Does not cover accidental damage) that occurs we would send out an engineer to you. They TV would be repaired on site or taken away repaired and then returned to you.
    If the TV can not be repaired then you would get a like for like replacement. (This operates on spec and not the price paid)

With the Denon 2500 you are again getting one heck of a unit. Even compared to the older 2400 it has a noticeable sound difference.
    I use a 2400 myself and am very impressed.

There is no listed package deal with Q Acoustic speakers and the 2500 but if you let me know which one it is you are after i can see if i can work a deal. Would it be the 3020i 5.1 or the 3050i 5.1?

You could also look at the Denon AVRX2500 with the Monitor Audio Bronze 5 5.1 pack listed at £1799.00. I could cut this even further as a boards deal to £1683 delivered.
    https://www.richersounds.com/denon-avrx2500h-monitor-audio-bronze-5-5-1.html

The 2500 is not bad at all for stereo and better than most. I run my turntable through my 2400 with no issues.

At the moment a pair of Sonos One's  are priced at £359 or £189 each.

You could also go with the Denon Heos range as the 2500 had this built in and could integrate with the Heos range of wireless speakers.
    The Heos 1 HS2 is currently priced at £179.00 Each or £340 for a pair.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12997-black-12997.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mr..c

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the reply and apologies only getting back to you now, the week got away from me.

Think I'm going to stick with my original selection and go with the LG OLED55C8 over the Sony A1, think it makes, ore sense to go with 2018 model.

I'm also going to leave the AVR and speakers for now.

I see on another thread from the other day that John Mc said he might be able to do a bit of a boardie special on the LG, just wondering would this be availble or was it a one off offer to a returning customer?

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the reply and apologies only getting back to you now, the week got away from me.

Think I'm going to stick with my original selection and go with the LG OLED55C8 over the Sony A1, think it makes, ore sense to go with 2018 model.

I'm also going to leave the AVR and speakers for now.

I see on another thread from the other day that John Mc said he might be able to do a bit of a boardie special on the LG, just wondering would this be availble or was it a one off offer to a returning customer?
    Hi mr..c,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you.

I'd have to check with John and see if the Boardie special is still available as our TV cost prices change all the time and our offers vary!

Kind regards

David

Be great if you could check Dave and let me know.

I've just noticed that since John mentioned the possibility of a board deal the GB£ price dropped so that may have taken away any bit of margin he had. But would appreciate if you could confirm this and € pricing.

Thanks

I've just noticed that since John mentioned the possibility of a board deal the GB£ price dropped so that may have taken away any bit of margin he had. But would appreciate if you could confirm this and € pricing.

Thanks
    Hey Mr..c.

Yeah I've check and the current price drop is actually now cheaper than the original deal he was going to offer at £1899 down from £1999.00

It's now dropped to £1869 or 2299 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203216-401877.aspx

You can pay in which ever currency works out to be cheapest for you.

I can offer free shipping and it already comes with our 6 year guarantee included free of charge.

• Advertisement

Thanks
    Hey Mr..c.

Yeah I've check and the current price drop is actually now cheaper than the original deal he was going to offer at £1899 down from £1999.00

I can offer free shipping and it already comes with our 6 year guarantee included free of charge.

That's great, if you can offer free shipping with GB£ pricing I'll go with that.

What's best way to proceed, oder via the website or PM you?

Thanks
    Hey Mr..c.

That's great, if you can offer free shipping with GB£ pricing I'll go with that.

What's best way to proceed, oder via the website or PM you?
    Hey Mr..C.

Consider it a deal :D

PM me your number and we can give you a call.

Much appreciated

pm sent

Much appreciated

pm sent
    Cheers Mr..C :D

Hi Kenny,

Just to let you know TV arrived safe and sound on Thursday.

Have it setup now and really really impressed with it, can't believe what a step up it is even over the 3 year old top of the range LED Samsung it replaces.

The shipping payment was also sorted Wednesday as promised, thanks for this too.

Really appreciate all the help and assistance throughout the process, absolutely great service, and once again can't recommend you guys enough.

Hopefully be in touch again for another purchase in the not too distant future.

C

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,

Just to let you know TV arrived safe and sound on Thursday.

Have it setup now and really really impressed with it, can't believe what a step up it is even over the 3 year old top of the range LED Samsung it replaces.

The shipping payment was also sorted Wednesday as promised, thanks for this too.

Really appreciate all the help and assistance throughout the process, absolutely great service, and once again can't recommend you guys enough.

Hopefully be in touch again for another purchase in the not too distant future.

C
    Thanks for the kind words Mr..C.

Good to hear that you are up and running and enjoying your new TV :D

They really are a top notch product.

If you have a free moment perhaps you could leave us a little Facebook or Google review.

Thanks again for the business.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.