Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord issues

Options
  • 31-08-2018 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

So my landlord is putting our rent up by 14 % in a rent pressure zone... He wants me to keep paying the same amount into his bank but the increase in cash so it wont register with PTRB. We have had issues with mould in our apt, leading to throwing out 500 - 1000 euro worth of clothes/ bags etc but he has done nothing about it. Anytime there is an issue it will take weeks to sort. I cant afford to move and am afraid of becoming a homeless statistic, what can I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ask for it in writing, email, etc.

If you're there long enough to get a rent raise, you'll have been there long enough to get Part IV rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Tell him no. How long are you living there?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Keep paying the same rent and open a case with the RTB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Keep paying the same rent and open a case with the RTB.

He should get it in writing first to have any evidence for Rtb. I get the impression once written request is mentioned the illegal increase will be forgotten about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

He should get it in writing first to have any evidence for Rtb. I get the impression once written request is mentioned the illegal increase will be forgotten about.

Or the LL will need it for a relation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭_brendand_

And Landlords wonder how they get a bad name. Tell him your not paying a damn thing that you aren't contractually obliged too, therefore he has to put the rent increase in writing. Therefore RTB will know.

Chancers...

Advertisement