Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One of lifes mysteries solved. The small jeans pocket.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

You'd do well to fit a watch in there! I use it for notes if I don't want to bring a wallet somewhere.
    I'm not sure I'd fancy doing the hucklebuck after a night out with one that had sat in there all night and got squashed around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

http://https://www.joe.ie/life-style/reason-jeans-pocket-610901
    Personally I thought it was great for my pills/bag back in my clubbing days.

Not buying it.

The pill pocket is for pills OP, you were right all along:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Mysteries aren't something that we've known about since their introduction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

That link isn't working but I know they're called watch pockets.

I used to find them useful for paper money. If you fold a €20 note up really well and put it in there it's very unlikely to drop out. I don't wear jeans anymore though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You'd do well to fit a watch in there!
    The pocket was larger in the old days, so it could fit a small pocket watch if required. American men also tended to wear slighter smaller pocket watches compared to Europeans, more like 40mm across compared to 50mm and above and given the jeans were an American invention...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

I always thought it was a lighter pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

....... wrote: »
    I always thought it was a lighter pocket.

Well you're not wrong. The other ones were bigger and therefore more material used, which made them heavier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

This is one of life's mysteries??? You've led a very sheltered life, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

Yeah, I'd be lying if I said it had kept me awake at night myself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

If you are on the piss and therefore don't need car keys, office keys, fobs etc it is a great spot to put a single house key with no danger of you accidentally dragging it of your pocket and losing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Levis used to have a 'crotch rivet' too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

That's where I hide my ten spots

So, not a 2 condoms pocket? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

The pick pocket, for guitar picks. Always has been!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Perfect for oner bags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

A little paisley handkerchief

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I've got a pocket inside the pocket. There's a logical reason no doubt,but I'm baffled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Always glad for that pocket on a night out. Some drunken strain of thinking will have you put a folded up note in there. Finding it the next day is great. The cure or breakfast resolve is what it is. Genius invention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

thebull85 wrote: »
    Perfect for oner bags.
    So thats why so many dopeheads wear them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Not giving joe.ie ad or click revenue. Can someone give me the gist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

verycool wrote: »
    Not giving joe.ie ad or click revenue. Can someone give me the gist?

They really are basic f'ing eejits. The wee pocket on your jeans was originally for a pocket watch.

Advertisement