Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYG Gym?

Options
  • 31-08-2018 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭

Going to Cork next week for work, just wondering is there any gym that is PAYG?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭MrDerp

Raoul wrote: »
    Going to Cork next week for work, just wondering is there any gym that is PAYG?

Leisure world in bishopstown and churchfield are. Will you have a car?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

MrDerp wrote: »
    Leisure world in bishopstown and churchfield are. Will you have a car?

Nope unfortunately not. I will be near Pairc Ui Chaoimh some days and UCC other days.

Edit - just looked and I am a 15min walk from Leisureworld in Churchfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭MrDerp

Nope unfortunately not. I will be near Pairc Ui Chaoimh some days and UCC other days.

There’s regular buses close to both.

Your other option is to sign up for some free passes to city centre gyms with a fake cork address :D

MrDerp wrote: »
    There’s regular buses close to both.

Your other option is to sign up for some free passes to city centre gyms with a fake cork address :D

I did that last time I was there. Prob won't get away with it again. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Both near some public parks if you want to take your chances with the weather and some jogging. Maybe the Mardyke gym do a short term membership?

• Advertisement

The Mardyke doesn't appear to do like a week long membership. Up until the 31 Aug. they had PAYG. Grr

I go to bull and fiddle in ballyphehane. €6 per session, €14 for a week or €48 for month. Its near the 203 bus stop. Its a small gym but has a decent amount of equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Leisureworld Bishopstown is much closer to UCC than the Churchfield one is. And the regular 208 bus picks up at UCC and drops off a short walk from the gym. Unless you're talking about somewhere else, Churchfield is a lot more than 15 minutes' walk from UCC and Pairc Ui Chaoimh. They're on the south side, as is Bishopstown. Churchfield is on the north side.
    Plus Bishopstown is a nicer place to walk in after dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭shawki

Leisureworld Bishopstown is much closer to UCC than the Churchfield one is. And the regular 208 bus picks up at UCC and drops off a short walk from the gym. Unless you're talking about somewhere else, Churchfield is a lot more than 15 minutes' walk from UCC and Pairc Ui Chaoimh. They're on the south side, as is Bishopstown. Churchfield is on the north side.
    Plus Bishopstown is a nicer place to walk in after dark.

Churchfield is a 25 min walk from UCC.

Bishopstown is a 40 min walk.

No point in adding the cost of two bus fares to go to the gym.

If your going to Pairc Ui Chaiomh, the 202 will bring you from churchfield to blackrock road.

Churchfield Gym has a fantastic view of the city and it’s perfectly safe to walk around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Bishopstown 15 minutes longer from UCC than Churchfield is? That's simply not true. If that were the case, why do far more UCC (not just CIT) students rent in the Bishopstown area? Bishopstown is very close to UCC - the nearest suburb to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭shawki

We’re talking about the Gyms not the suburbs.....

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭davidglanza

Just got gym blackpool

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Churchfield gym is not a 25 min walk. You'd be hard pushed to do Sunday's Well to Churchfield in 25 minutes.

I also wouldn't bother with Churchfield, I was there in early August and felt it was really poor. It looks like they've made it smaller from what it used to be.

Advertisement