Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic green houses

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

They aren't bad provided you can put them in a very sheltered spot and don't expect them to last more than 2 years. Any of the bad storms we've had in the last few years would have them away in no time. You can roll the door right up so you can ventilate them quite well. Also a good idea to take them down completely in the winter.

imo the ones about a water that size that go against a wall are a better option as they can be made to stay put better. Good for raising seedlings early then put away for the worst of the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭monty_python

I was hoping to grow tomatoes and peppers
    Maybe I'll just abandon the idea

I was hoping to grow tomatoes and peppers
    Maybe I'll just abandon the idea

They'll do that OK, just take them down at the end of the growing season.

Also if you look around you may find one with a sightly stronger frame that you can get new covers for.

my3cents wrote: »
    They'll do that OK, just take them down at the end of the growing season.

Also if you look around you may find one with a sightly stronger frame that you can get new covers for.

Ok. Thanks dude. I'll keep searching

Plenty on Amazon but not sure about delivery to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

my3cents wrote: »
    Plenty on Amazon but not sure about delivery to Ireland.
    Simples! ; If they say UK only, use Parcel Motel, if they say mainland UK only and not N.I., use Addresspal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Simples! ; If they say UK only, use Parcel Motel, if they say mainland UK only and not N.I., use Addresspal.

Do you realise how big these are?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Do you realise how big these are?
    If it's anything like the plastic greenhouse I got from Lidl a few years ago it's not all that big. I don't know about Addresspal, but Parcel Motel do handle oversize parcels. You pay an additional charge and pick them up from their warehouse.

I've sourced 6 6x3 windows and a handy friend to make a green house for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

@python
    You may get tomatoes to grow inside a greenhouse but peppers,they are very sensitive and take much longer to grow...
    Also,you will need to insulate it well against pests while making sure air flow / ventilation are done properly.

Enjoy it...

• Advertisement
Advertisement